Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Will raffle my hood. Indy drivers autographed.

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2006, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words. Badhabit, I think thats the nicest post you made! (in one of my posts, anyway ) I went in where the drivers were signing "their photos" and there wasnt any"child" interaction, it was the parents putting the photo in the drivers face, they signed it and "next" all of them were at a table, and it was like an assembly line. The kids came out to my car, and there was a genuine warm feeling. they werent shunned by me (like they were inside), they were WELCOMED!! I GOT THE KIDS' AUTOGRAPHS!!

like i said, Smokey, the kids will remember the EVO because YOU made it personal to the kids. that was your goal. you achieved that and i commend you. YOU made the kids feel welcome and forget they had those wires, tubes, and life support machines hanging off of them just for that moment. for just that moment-they lived free-free from worry, free from disease, and free from the torment of their reason for being there.

your a good man Smokey. God has taught you well.
Old May 14, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by badhabit90
like i said, Smokey, the kids will remember the EVO because YOU made it personal to the kids. that was your goal. you achieved that and i commend you. YOU made the kids feel welcome and forget they had those wires, tubes, and life support machines hanging off of them just for that moment. for just that moment-they lived free-free from worry, free from disease, and free from the torment of their reason for being there.

your a good man Smokey. God has taught you well.
Thanks bro, and that moment was truly "THEIR" moment!! Well put!
Old May 14, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

This thread made my day, man. Lately, I've really noticed people being more and more selfish, and it's getting to me. It's great to see someone care about someone besides himself. I really hope that people take note. I try to do little things often and make people feel good, but you are truly accomplishing something great here. Keep up the good work!
Old May 14, 2006, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
This thread made my day, man. Lately, I've really noticed people being more and more selfish, and it's getting to me. It's great to see someone care about someone besides himself. I really hope that people take note. I try to do little things often and make people feel good, but you are truly accomplishing something great here. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Sterling, now go put a smile on someone!! Your turn! Thanks for the kind words, and encouragement!!
Old May 14, 2006, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Oh yeah, another thing I am doing for the kids, once the event is ready to get underway (see the "winger" site for more info) the event will NOT start, until the kids from the hospital "christen" the event. The kids will go on a lap around the airport, 130 of them in 130 different cars!! That will really make this event, and that DAY their OWN!! I think that adds a neat touch to the event.

Once they step out of the cars, its THROW-DOWN TIME!!!
Old May 14, 2006, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Stold the PR of this forum like you did the hearts of those kids. Looks like you are makin a good impression out there. If you are ever in the North West, look me up. Guys at NW evolutions would prolly like to meet you. May your engine run clean and your tires never slip.
Old May 14, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Sweet Job man! It's nice to see acts of selfless kindness out there. We need that more!
Old May 14, 2006, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys, you keep me going!!
Old May 14, 2006, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
great job man. love to see someone doing good for a change. i deliver to some of those hospitals every once and a while. i like to hang out for a little when i do so that the kids can see the inside of the truck and pretend like they drive it. i learn a lot from them they are the strongest most kind people i have ever met. i would like to do something like that when we have one of our meets here in chi-town. keep it up bro, it makes all our lives (especially the childrens) lives a little better.
Old May 14, 2006, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spdrcr456
great job man. love to see someone doing good for a change. i deliver to some of those hospitals every once and a while. i like to hang out for a little when i do so that the kids can see the inside of the truck and pretend like they drive it. i learn a lot from them they are the strongest most kind people i have ever met. i would like to do something like that when we have one of our meets here in chi-town. keep it up bro, it makes all our lives (especially the childrens) lives a little better.
Thanks speedracer you're making a difference also!!!! Hats of to you my friend!!
Old May 14, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

thank you sir i apreciate it. i just dont think its fair that some of us have good lives and health and others get screwed. they also help me to apreciate the little thongs in the worl like they do.
Old May 14, 2006, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spdrcr456
thank you sir i apreciate it. i just dont think its fair that some of us have good lives and health and others get screwed. they also help me to apreciate the little thongs in the worl like they do.
You said it ALL right there!!
Old May 14, 2006, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

lol i just reread and realized i misspelled a word. just got done lookin at the pic thread with the hot girls sorry i meant THINGS i think
Old May 14, 2006, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Smoke.....I had an idea.

What if Evom.net members banded together and widened the affected area of this benefit?

Lets say we all rallied the cars to a major NHRA event....or ANY major event, Nascar...anything....and we all took specific parts of our cars, heck, even got some companies to donate parts to bolt on, just to get them autographed so we can auction them off on EBAY or evom.net.

You have a winner of an idea....and after a nights sleep on it, I think we can make this big....and help more children. What do you think?

We could plan it for the end of the summer, heck, even next year....and try to get any car involved we can. I would gladly donate my hood off of my own car and buy a new one...or buy a new carbon hood, get that signed and put the stocker back on....all if its for a good cause.

Anyone else think we could really make this a solid representation of who evo owners really are? I would like to do this not only to help out children in such a predicament, but the families as well and in the long run maybe take away a bit of thise negative attention street racers and the 2F2F crowd brought upon us. I dont know, it might have a selfish undertone, but we can get many things accomplished in one solid event.
Old May 14, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by feldguy
Smoke.....I had an idea.

What if Evom.net members banded together and widened the affected area of this benefit?

Lets say we all rallied the cars to a major NHRA event....or ANY major event, Nascar...anything....and we all took specific parts of our cars, heck, even got some companies to donate parts to bolt on, just to get them autographed so we can auction them off on EBAY or evom.net.

You have a winner of an idea....and after a nights sleep on it, I think we can make this big....and help more children. What do you think?

We could plan it for the end of the summer, heck, even next year....and try to get any car involved we can. I would gladly donate my hood off of my own car and buy a new one...or buy a new carbon hood, get that signed and put the stocker back on....all if its for a good cause.

Anyone else think we could really make this a solid representation of who evo owners really are? I would like to do this not only to help out children in such a predicament, but the families as well and in the long run maybe take away a bit of thise negative attention street racers and the 2F2F crowd brought upon us. I dont know, it might have a selfish undertone, but we can get many things accomplished in one solid event.
I like the way you think!! Great ideas!!! I will get all the Indy 500 drivers to sign my hood, I think I am driving the evo to gasoline alley (when the new motor is in) to have the rest of the drivers sign the hood. Bob and Tom Q95 will also sign in.

The Childrens hospital has great connections to the George family, and the Indy Motor speedway. I could get another hood, or trunk, and have the NASCAR drivers sign that, and maybe something with F1! take that idea and run with it. lets brainstorm some more ideas!! Youre on to something!! I am up for such an event anywhere!

Quick Reply: Will raffle my hood. Indy drivers autographed.