Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Will raffle my hood. Indy drivers autographed.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will raffle my hood. Indy drivers autographed.

Photos added (link) on page 2.

I cant go into all the details here, it is on the www.wingedwarrior.org site. I am having the kids at the Local Childrens hospital sign my fenders (Honarary co-pilots), and am doing that at the INDY 500 race party. I will have drivers and owners of the IRL sign the hood, and unbolt it, and give it to the highest bidder after the day of racing June 3rd. Signing is May 11th, I can post who signed it if you want me too (if there is interest). Just doing what I can for the sick kids in the Hospital!!

Last edited by smokedmustang; Feb 2, 2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

i'm curious to see who signs...
Old Apr 27, 2006, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbolover
i'm curious to see who signs...
Me too, Danika Patrick, Michael Andretti, Al Unser Jr. are a few I would like to see sign it. they will be 10 feet from my car at the party, so I will get ALL of them I see to sign it. I follow IRL, so I can identify them!!
Old Apr 30, 2006, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

3001st post, I guess I am still EVOLVED, I thought I would become "midwest ambassador" or something, oh well!!
Old May 13, 2006, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Here is the "first batch" of signatures, Bob and Tom Q95 radio personell sign it next week, and I will be doing the whole line-up this next couple weeks!! Just thought I would share!! If you go to the www.wingedwarrior.net website, you can see photos of the drivers signing the hood. will keep you posted.

Attached Thumbnails Will raffle my hood. Indy drivers autographed.-signatures-005.jpg   Will raffle my hood. Indy drivers autographed.-signatures-006.jpg  

Last edited by smokedmustang; May 13, 2006 at 08:00 AM.
Old May 13, 2006, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Smoked, thats a very cool gesture and a great cause!

wait...i thought your car done blowed up?
Old May 13, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

and you're REALLY a DR?!?! LOL
Old May 13, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_SpeedKing
Smoked, thats a very cool gesture and a great cause!

wait...i thought your car done blowed up?
I am running an "Amish" motor now, had to roll-back it there!! I said "I better not start it, it might scare the kids!! I am going to AMS thursday to pick up the STROKER!!! And yes I am a Doctor, dont be alarmed by that!!
Old May 13, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Smoked, you are a great guy by my standards. Sure those kids see you as a hero. You prolly changed some lives for those children, ether it be future speeding tickets or glimmering hope to the future, power to you.
Old May 13, 2006, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evogelion
Thanks Smoked, you are a great guy by my standards. Sure those kids see you as a hero. You prolly changed some lives for those children, ether it be future speeding tickets or glimmering hope to the future, power to you.
Thanks!! I want to change their live in anyway I can, and as long as I am able to do it!!! A smile on a sick child is a glimpse of hope for them!!
Old May 13, 2006, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

I myself like to donate little toy evos to orphans. Sometimes they come in a box set with other sporty cars, so I let them pick what they want. They usually go for the evo out of the bunch, its gotta be the big wing...

Last edited by Evogelion; May 13, 2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old May 13, 2006, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Here is what I wrote after the signing. It was moving. NX Express "donated" 100 matchboxes for us to hand out, and we did, ALL Gone. There was an "evo" and something else. they tended to grab up the evos first!!

Just got back from the signing at Riley, it was fun, and humbling at the same time. I did get Matsura/Robbie Buhl/Buddy Lazier/Scott Sharp to sign the hood, pictures up later, and I talked a while to all of them, it was cool. They thought the idea, and the event sounded great!! I asked Buddy Lazier if he could spell "Castroneves", and if he could, sign his name also!! When Robbie Buhl signed the car, I looked at the signature and said "your not Sam Hornish!!" oh the humor. and to those Team USA clowns that would interject when some adult asked "how fast does it go?" (referring to my Evo) you would hear a TEAM USA member say "Uphill or Downhill?" We all had a great time. NO TV coverage there, thats fine.

What I want to say to you is this, my car has the fenders full, some of the front end, and some of the hood. The kids came out, "cheerfully" signed the car, they appreciated it, some of the parents and grandparents signed the car, as their child/grandchild was too sick to come down and sign it, but the parent knew it was the "right thing to do".

A family of 4 came out, with "big brother" in the wheelchair, flanked by his family members, and he signed the car, with a smile on his face, and all the tubes, wires and machines which tend to be attached to sick children. Big brother signed the fender, added a smiley face, and the rest of the family signed around his signature. The mom was excited about coming to the event and watching her "son" race with me. I found out later, he doesnt have much time left on this earth. I commend the family for being so strong, and close, I dont know if I could do it. There are lots of stories like this, and it puts stuff in prespective for sure. If you are worried about your bills, your petty personal problems, PLEASE STOP. At least you have your health. Tough times will pass for us, relax and smile. Things could be worse for sure.

The parents came out and took pictures of where they signed their sick childs name, so they can go up to the Hospital room, and show them, and maybe get a smile out of them, and make them feel "special". I almost feel like giving the fenders to Riley and the cheer guild, as mementos. It has become like a "shrine" to the parents. I dont know, it was just humbling, and when I think I have problems, all I have to do is look at those signatures to realize "I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM" Lets get out there and whoop up some dust for them, and let them know we are doing this for them! sorry about the long rant.
Old May 13, 2006, 01:07 PM

why only the hood, auction the whole car on ebay!!!!
Old May 13, 2006, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NoLuck4MR
why only the hood, auction the whole car on ebay!!!!
I cant part with my "wheels"!!
Old May 13, 2006, 05:06 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Very touching... I am humbled to even post in you thread Smoke...

Quick Reply: Will raffle my hood. Indy drivers autographed.