Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

$305 Boost Gauge and Control Unit

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR JayR
Yes, you got a good deal. The boost gauge alone usually goes for $220+ and the Control Unit II for $100+.

finally a response im looking for. Yes i was wondering if other vendors were selling it for 305 shipped. But i guess i got a good deal.

And to those who are hating, i spent 35k on a car, im not going to go cheap on a boost gauge, which by the way is only 220. Like someone else said, almost matches our interior not to mention playback and whatnot with the control unit. please don't hate. And in life, you do get what you pay for, you guys will learn the hard way.
Old May 4, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stikillller
finally a response im looking for. Yes i was wondering if other vendors were selling it for 305 shipped. But i guess i got a good deal.

And to those who are hating, i spent 35k on a car, im not going to go cheap on a boost gauge, which by the way is only 220. Like someone else said, almost matches our interior not to mention playback and whatnot with the control unit. please don't hate. And in life, you do get what you pay for, you guys will learn the hard way.
for you! btw, where did you get it from Sam?
Old May 4, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

buddy it's a boost gauge. They all do the same thing weather it's a 40 dollar one or a 220 dollar one. Just because you spent 35k on your car doesn't mean you have to buy all high cost items. Your just paying for a brand name half the stuff is made out of the same crap and come out of the same factories and no one is hating you we are just saying what we think. If you don't like it don't post for help. also use GOOGLE to search for prices and see what's the best deal out there.
Old May 4, 2006, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Wow I just cant stomach 305 dollars for a gauge that provides nothing more than asthetics to the car, heck my SW lights up red and provides the same perf. but hey to each its own I guess? Party on man....

btw You paid $5 more for a boost gauge minus the pod! than I just did for my used buschur catback, oh no used exhaust on a 35k car...oh the humanity!

sorry just had to throw some sarcasim into this, its my nature.......
Old May 4, 2006, 02:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I beg to differ..

Granted they are all gauges.. but if you are going for budget racer style then Defi isn't for you. Its like comparing Suits and sports coats.. You want Gucci or Men's wearhouse's stuff??

please look closely on Defi gauges and compare Autometer gauges. You can tell the differences in terms of the quality in material used and the design. Does Autometer gauge comes w/ free gauge mount with each gauge? I know Defi BF series does
Old May 4, 2006, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

hahahahahahahahhaa~ do you guys know how to READ? $305 shipped for a brand new defi amber 60mm boost gauge AND........AND the control unit II, it is 2 items not just the boost gauge, and to the person who told me go and google it, obviously over half of the people that responded don't even HAVE a DEFI boost gauge, i wasn't asking for people's opinions who buy their boost gauge at the local pep boys ok? I was asking the big boy's here. Now let us play ^.^ You little ones can go back to your hotwheels ^.^ And mark if you want pm me ill let you know where i got it from.
Old May 4, 2006, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travman
Wow I just cant stomach 305 dollars for a gauge that provides nothing more than asthetics to the car, heck my SW lights up red and provides the same perf. but hey to each its own I guess? Party on man....

btw You paid $5 more for a boost gauge minus the pod! than I just did for my used buschur catback, oh no used exhaust on a 35k car...oh the humanity!

sorry just had to throw some sarcasim into this, its my nature.......

sorry, people are different right? I never have and never will do USED. I'm not rich, just that I don't like "used" items. Do you want your future g/f or wife to be "used", hahahhaa just an analogy~anyway good for you going with buschur.
Old May 4, 2006, 07:11 PM
Account Disabled

Why are you going cheap on a boost guage? The AEM is only $1800 and you can get the 6 bar MAP to go with it so that you can log boost. Dude your cheaping out and your gonna blow your poor car up. Your going to learn the hard way.
Old May 4, 2006, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

I prefer Mens wearhouse stuff but I am cheap

Its a great price, go for it...I love the Defi units and if I had the money I would get it myself. But for now the autometer $50 gauge will work for me.

Originally Posted by Speed Element
I beg to differ..

Granted they are all gauges.. but if you are going for budget racer style then Defi isn't for you. Its like comparing Suits and sports coats.. You want Gucci or Men's wearhouse's stuff??

please look closely on Defi gauges and compare Autometer gauges. You can tell the differences in terms of the quality in material used and the design. Does Autometer gauge comes w/ free gauge mount with each gauge? I know Defi BF series does
Old May 4, 2006, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

I really don't think it's even the look or quality of the gauge that matters that much it's the features that matter. A gauge without warning is close to useless. If I'm driving on the streets paying attention to the road I wouldn't notice the oil pres gauge drop out of the corner of my eye. But if I had a defi or another brand that would send a warning and visually tell me something is wrong, I would immediately be notified and pull over and save the motor on it's last leg.
Old May 4, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

I just payed $330 shipped for both so yeah you got a good deal
Old May 4, 2006, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

A fool and his money soon part ways.
Old May 4, 2006, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sairaag
I agree why spend 300 dollars on a damn boost gauge? So it looks good? I rather buy an autometer base gauge or a vdo and switch to a red LED (witch I did) to match the interrior car and the cost is only 35 bucks + 25 for the pod. 50 total for the set up. Youc an use the other 250 for an intake or somethign usefull.
and you guys are the ones that are sayin' you make lalala boost and actually believe it.....

i paid a lot for my map sensor and zeitronix setup... is that a waste of money? cuz it's funny... that's the only real way to monitor your boost accurately... hmph....hmph....
Old May 4, 2006, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
great deal.. i almost wanna switch from my defi to the autometer nexus .....same functions as the defi just a lil cheaper...im just waiting to see one in real life to make the ultimate call
Old May 4, 2006, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

i run the defi boost gauge and control unit. sure its expensive and i'm not some rich kid. i just want a clean look in my car and to me defi gauges are the best looking one's out there