Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Whats up with all the yellow evos' that cant sell?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2006, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It's probably the color. Yup. If you get one in my town you got a HUGE reputation to live up to. LOL
Old May 3, 2006, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Booztd 3
Guys/Gals

Is it me or has anyone noticed a plethora of 03' Lightning Yellow Evo's for sale........that no one wants to buy?

I've been trying to sell mine for a few months now, in the 22,500 range, with 32k miles and a factory warranty till january of 07, and moderate upgrades, no luck

A friend local to me has 39k miles, an AEM ems and a few other tidbits, and has been trying to get 21-22 out of his for alot longer, no luck

DSMmotorsport has been trying to sell his for damn cheap at ~18k in close to stock form

I have browsed the classifieds quite often and seen more yellow evo's than anything, that still arent selling

Anyone have an idea what the heck is going on?

The yellow color may be one factor. But the examples you listed are all cars that are modded, so that's another possible factor in why they are having trouble finding a buyer.

Personally, I would not mind buying a yellow Evo. But I would never buy one that had been modded.
Old May 3, 2006, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

I always wanted a turbocharged car, and I always wanted a yellow car, so a lightning yellow evo 8 was definitely in the cards for me. Everyone likes the yellow color, but no one wants to own it. I am a little worry about when I decide to sell it though. Luckily I paid 6k under the blue book value, so whenever I do sell, I'll still be making money. Why not trade in towards the new car you will be getting if you're having so much trouble selling
Old May 3, 2006, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Yellow is deff not an easy color to sell. IMO yellow is the only color I can see myself owning an Evo in, thats why I do. Dont worry there is someone out there who has a simular mindset that wanta a yellow evo and they will do what it takes to get one, heh you just have to find the person.
Old May 3, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

i think the yellow stage for cars has passed...that was so 2002 lol
Old May 3, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it's the color. Yellow is nasty flagrant on an evo or pretty much any other car, though the particular shade on the Evo's is quite offensive IMO. You've either got to have a real affinity for being an attention ***** or just flat out color blind to want a yellow Evo, apologies to those guys who own them.

When I bought my TB back in 03 I had the option to buy a yellow one for roughly 4K less and didn't do it because it was also used, but primarily because of the color. I also have a friend with a yellow and _stock_ evo that has had a difficult time selling it for going on 6 months now.

Good luck to those of you selling your yellows, I can see why you're eager to get rid of them.
Old May 3, 2006, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Anarchy99
I like the Yellow myself, but i would not buy an Evo in that Color. Red and Yellow are a No go for me.
+1

Last edited by evo4g63awd; May 3, 2006 at 10:27 AM.
Old May 3, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

I used to have a yellow IS300. But yellow for the evo, looks like a bumble bee on steroids.
Old May 3, 2006, 11:11 AM

yellows coolio !
Old May 3, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lancealott
I used to have a yellow IS300. But yellow for the evo, looks like a bumble bee on steroids.
Interesting. I saw a yellow IS300 Sportcross and thought it was one of the ugliest cars I had ever seen.
Old May 3, 2006, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

just trade it or lower the price. there are better deals going on with less miles more neutral colors and lower price. i got rid of mine with 33k miles for 20k
Old May 3, 2006, 12:05 PM

i've been looking at the used ones on the forums here for a month and a half. lots of yellow, no action on any of them.

i hate to say it, but the color is it. followed by the price. stock or modded.

i do wish you all good luck selling them.

now, if there were more white 05 gsr's for sale... 8^)

--r
Old May 3, 2006, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

I had a yellow (why-49?) CRX-Si and the last thing I want again is a yellow car....for one the crx yellow is cursed and that puts me off to all yellow, what if they are all cursed!!! Secondly and more on a serious note a yellow car stands out waaay to much....Its great where you forget to park, but its bad when you look out across a parking lot and bam there is your car spotted a mile away...Just draws to much attention saying look at me!! look at me!! im yellow!!

Hence why I went silver....more common, less look at me!! and soo easy to take car of....but I believe most just dont like yellow for the fact its yellow and reminds people of things like bananas, bumble bees, etc etc...Just doesnt seem as cool

btw I have no facts to back this all up, except for the curse of the why-49 paint code? thats straight up real!! and I have stories to back it up and there is a website for all who have suffered the curse!

Old May 3, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mulholland0132
Their yellow!!!
The car is pretty flashy in that color...not everyone wants that kind of attention. That's why I bought silver. It blends into everything because it's such a neutral color. Good luck
I agree I love black but I went withs ilver because SOOOOOO many cars are the same colors and we don't stick out. YELLOW sticks out liek a soar tumb not to mention insurance more expensive for red and yellow because they are colors that distract you. You can see them formf ar away.
Old May 3, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
If you find the right buyer, they will pay ALL the money for that yellow evo. Working at a car dealership, the yellow cars would sit on the lot forever. But eventually, someone would come and buy it and when they did, they ended up paying more for the car cuz they really liked the yellow color. It truely is a love-it-or-hate-it kind of thing. Just hang in there. If you really need to dump it fast though, you'll prolly have to sell it really cheap.