Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Whats up with all the yellow evos' that cant sell?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gatorade
tempting....haha nice car why the sell?
I got raped on the price...trying to get what i owe and pick up a new one since id be happier
Old May 4, 2006, 07:56 PM

It's really just hit or miss, some people hate them and some people love them.
Old May 5, 2006, 10:50 PM

silver and black are hot colors here. i have seen 3 yellow ones locally and they sat longer than 4 months on the dealer lots. i think they were taken to auction because i haven't seen them in town.
Old May 5, 2006, 11:03 PM
Account Disabled

I think yellow is cool call me whatever you want...
Old May 6, 2006, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancealott
I used to have a yellow IS300. But yellow for the evo, looks like a bumble bee on steroids.
hehe my GF calls my yellow evo a bumblebee on steroids! I love my yellow evo.
Old May 6, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

i bought my yellow 1 cuz it was the only 1 on the lot w/out a sunroof. it also allows me to be seen. people still look at the electric blue '05 i have also but they don't look as much. alot of people don't know what the yellow 1 is since it is debadged.

it is also strange yellow isn't selling as well since it is now a "collector" color as no more USDM evos can be had in yellow, yet all the 9 pics we 1st saw were in yellow...
Old May 6, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

I personally think the people where you live are not interested in EVO's to why they are not selling. Gas prices, and all. Yellow to me is a good color on the car, wouldn't be my first choice, but if that is all that was available I would take it. I feel its just the car is not in demand in your area, try posting a for sale in a different city news paper and see what happends.
Old May 6, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

To the people saying yellow gets too much attention: seriously, it's an Evo. The big factory front mount and wing don't exactly whisper "subtle."
Old May 6, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Booztd 3
Guys/Gals

Is it me or has anyone noticed a plethora of 03' Lightning Yellow Evo's for sale........that no one wants to buy?

I've been trying to sell mine for a few months now, in the 22,500 range, with 32k miles and a factory warranty till january of 07, and moderate upgrades, no luck

A friend local to me has 39k miles, an AEM ems and a few other tidbits, and has been trying to get 21-22 out of his for alot longer, no luck

DSMmotorsport has been trying to sell his for damn cheap at ~18k in close to stock form

I have browsed the classifieds quite often and seen more yellow evo's than anything, that still arent selling

Anyone have an idea what the heck is going on?
The asking price is too high, that's why they are not selling. Evo are not hot sellers to begin with on the used market. Generally, people who buy Evo's drive them very hard, and as a potential buyer you understand this. So they are less willing to pay a premium on a car that WILL need repair.
Old May 6, 2006, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

One other thing, the longer you are holding out for your price, the less likely you will get it. The car is losing value as we speak. Remember it is not a collectable. Time is not your friend.
Old May 6, 2006, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i used to have a yellow car... type-r...never again... what a mistake that was... way TOO much attention