Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

THIEVES got my Rims!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah thats philly for yeah i had my evo 7 wing stolen in philly at METRO MITSUBISHI i live on the out skirts of philly, bucks county area
Old May 4, 2006, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't understand why people spend a bunch of money on a car and don't worry about things like an alarm or wheel locks. PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENTS!
Old May 4, 2006, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

I'm in the Philly area too. I used to live in KoP. I had two different cars stolen within a span of 4 years when I lived there.

You are really lucky that they did not try to take the whole car or that they did not try to make off with some of the other easy-to-steal-and-sell parts like the front seats.

At least they were nice enough to leave the car on blocks. That's slightly better than the car sitting on the rotors on the ground.

Good luck with insurance. It is a comprehenisve policy claim, so it should not really affect your insurance rates. And on the bright side, at least you will get a brand new set of tires out of it.

Also as a warning to others reading this thread thinking, "Oh I have wheel locks. That cannot happen to me..." Do not be lulled into a false sense of security! Wheel locks are always a good idea. But they are pretty much WORTHLESS if you keep the wheel lock key IN the CAR. I know this from personal experience. Always keep the wheel lock key with you on your person or at home.
Old May 4, 2006, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tke_413
I don't understand why people spend a bunch of money on a car and don't worry about things like an alarm or wheel locks. PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENTS!
They're were wheel locks. Wheel locks can be taken off without the tool, theyre is a socket available on the market that is used to remove rounded nuts. You slip it over the wheel lock, pound it on with a hammer. The splines in the socket cut into the lug and then you take the lug off. If people want something they will take it, no alarm or wheellock is going to stop them. My father in laws saleen was stolen, with an alarm on it. Flatbeds work wonders.
Old May 4, 2006, 06:04 AM
Account Disabled

At least they were nice enough to put your car on bricks and leave your front seats and stereo alone. I moved out of DC because of the crime and people constantly hitting parked cars, only to get my GXSR1000 stolen and the evo broken into a month after moving in the brubs.

Originally Posted by Chewie4299
Hmm....makes me rethink the value of wheel locks
They are great if the jacka** doesn't know what he's doing or if he doesn’t have a box full of wheel lock keys. I got the whole thing on video with my webcam, it'd be pretty funny if it wasn't my sh*t he was taking. I'll post it when I get back to Maryland in a few weeks.
Old May 4, 2006, 06:04 AM

I live about about 45 minutes west of Philly. I had come out one morning and all of my lug nuts were missing except the wheel locks. I was lucky I even noticed they were missing or that could hve been really bad. I have since invested in 5 sets of wheel locks, which I am currently waiting on. Sorry to hear about this man. But at least you still have the car.
Old May 4, 2006, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear...is insurance going to cover that stuff or are you going to have to pay
Old May 4, 2006, 06:09 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by aklucsarits
I'm in the Philly area too. I used to live in KoP. I had two different cars stolen within a span of 4 years when I lived there.

You are really lucky that they did not try to take the whole car or that they did not try to make off with some of the other easy-to-steal-and-sell parts like the front seats.

At least they were nice enough to leave the car on blocks. That's slightly better than the car sitting on the rotors on the ground.

Good luck with insurance. It is a comprehenisve policy claim, so it should not really affect your insurance rates. And on the bright side, at least you will get a brand new set of tires out of it.

Also as a warning to others reading this thread thinking, "Oh I have wheel locks. That cannot happen to me..." Do not be lulled into a false sense of security! Wheel locks are always a good idea. But they are pretty much WORTHLESS if you keep the wheel lock key IN the CAR. I know this from personal experience. Always keep the wheel lock key with you on your person or at home.

Sounds like your in my boat, mang
Old May 4, 2006, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoate ya
Thats the best thing of all. I moved out of Philly to the suburbs because of the crime. I now live in Media Pa. which is alot safer, or so I thought.
where do you thinks thieves go to steal things. Not in their area, because there is nothing to steal, so they go to the nice area with nice homes and nice cars.
Evolved Member

Wheel locks won't slow down anyone, it might take them the extra 15 seconds to remove a wheel with a wheel lock.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoate ya
They're were wheel locks. Wheel locks can be taken off without the tool, theyre is a socket available on the market that is used to remove rounded nuts. You slip it over the wheel lock, pound it on with a hammer. The splines in the socket cut into the lug and then you take the lug off. If people want something they will take it, no alarm or wheellock is going to stop them. My father in laws saleen was stolen, with an alarm on it. Flatbeds work wonders.
I'm not arguing with you and it sucks that this happened, but they didn't use a flatbed on your car so the Saleen story has nothing to do with this. If you'd buy an alarm with tilt sensors/glass shatter sensors/paging...it would've startled them, paged you, and flashed/beeped to draw attention from everybody else around. $500, and you can feel a lot better about leaving your car outside.
Old May 4, 2006, 06:14 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah they were actually pretty gentle with it, theyre is no damage other than possibly to the rotors. They used the jack points it looks like, I looked at that right when I saw the car on blocks. No scratches to the paint or dings that I could see, but I will check it over well with the claims adjuster when he/she gets here. Im actually feeling relativley calm about it now, like stated above it could have been a hell of alot worse.
Old May 4, 2006, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tke_413
I'm not arguing with you and it sucks that this happened, but they didn't use a flatbed on your car so the Saleen story has nothing to do with this. If you'd buy an alarm with tilt sensors/glass shatter sensors/paging...it would've startled them, paged you, and flashed/beeped to draw attention from everybody else around. $500, and you can feel a lot better about leaving your car outside.

You are right bud, I should not have even replied to your post
Old May 4, 2006, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

On the bright side as you stated (if there really IS a bright side) they took very good care with your car! Could've been MUCH worse, hell I did more damage using the stock jack (when it failed and the car dropped on the rotor). Sorry again for your loss.
Old May 4, 2006, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

Hate to read SH*T like this, sorry about the ride...

Quick Reply: THIEVES got my Rims!!!