Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

THIEVES got my Rims!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry Dude! You got my nervous about getting aftermarket rims for the summer. You still got your stockers right so your not SOL on something to roll on?
Old May 4, 2006, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

I agree with the wheelocks and alarm not being of much help. Wheelocks only stop thieves by a couple minutes total and where I live if an alarm goes off nobody cares. In addition if I had a pager alarm, by the time I got to my car two wheels would have already been gone and since the alarm went off, there would probably be more damage just taking off the two wheels then if I had no alarm and four wheels were taken.
Old May 4, 2006, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this thread speaks volumes for having a house with a garage, even in the burbs. I will not own another house without a garage. Anyways... at least you'll be getting new rims and tires from the incident
Old May 4, 2006, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sat tracking works wonders.

A bloke on our local board got a phone call from his tracking company asking if he had forgotten to turn off the geolock function. He was fifty miles away watching the V8 supercars.

Thieves had waited for him to leave, broken into his house, found the keys and drove off in his car. The car silently triggered the alarm company when it broke geolock.

An hour later 10 cops walked into a panel shop across town and found 4 blokes dismantling the Evo. All the parts were nicely lined up against the wall. All the parts were recovered and the vehicle wasnt otherwise damaged.

Quite nicely done I must say. But I never ever leave the house without my car keys in my pocket. And the spare set is not kept anywhere the car is parked.
Old May 4, 2006, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

sorry, hope the best in the future.

off topic but, like the smaller wing sleeper look =)
Old May 4, 2006, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

this is one of the "nicer" act's of thievery i've seen.

touching nothing but the rims and leaving it the blocks.

but nevertheless: those bastards.
Old May 4, 2006, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

bummer for your car and for me to find out wheel locks dont do crap
Old May 4, 2006, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

AC556K, what the heck is your wife doing. The robber doesn't deserve a treat like seeing her naked.
Old May 4, 2006, 08:01 AM

I hope everything works out for you. I know the feeling, like you've been violated.

I have no sympathy for thiefs of this nature (or any nature for that matter). I moved from one part of Queens to another and had my subwoofer/amp stolen out within a week. I just told myself, "You'll look back and laugh, this will be funny in about a month... karma will come around" It is just sad because now I have to drive around listening to REO Speedwagon and Kelly Clarkson due to a lack of "thump". What pisses me off is that the fear of owning anything nice because someone is going to come along and think it's within their jurisdiction to rip it off.

I don't completely understand the mentality of thieves and why they bother stealing a ****ty stereo that might be pawned for $30. Go get a job, ***bag. If you're that proficient at stealing people's crap, then surely you could make more installing stereos at Best Buy or the like. We should revert back to the old justice system, an eye for an eye. That would smarten a lot of these punks up.

You're right, at least the car is still there. Sorry for going off on that tangent . Good luck with everything! Every time I walk by a shiny Evo on the street, I think about budging, then remember that I wouldn't want to deal with the scum of society all the time.

Last edited by BigNutzMcGee; May 4, 2006 at 08:12 AM.
Old May 4, 2006, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wacboyjulian
this is one of the "nicer" act's of thievery i've seen.

touching nothing but the rims and leaving it the blocks.

but nevertheless: those bastards.

LOL, that is what I thought. Just went and did a hardcore inspection of the ride and they even jacked the car from the jack points. The only thing that seems alittle damaged is the brake dust shroud on the rear drivers side, it got bent when they sat it down on the block. I dont have the stockers anymore, just sold them to a guy, DAMN it. I also talked to the insurance they want to drag the car up onto a flatbed to take it to a shop. I told them they are out of their minds. Then he says we can jackup all four sides of the car with rolling jacks and pull it onto the flatbed, oh hellno. All I want is the adjuster to get new rims and tires, I will put them on. Their is no other damage to the car other than the brake dust cover which you dont even need really, and possibly alittle to the rotors but I doubt it. I can install the rotors too if need be. Why do they have to make this harder than it has to be?

Last edited by evoate ya; May 4, 2006 at 08:06 AM.
Old May 4, 2006, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

they need to sit it on the block to pull out the jack , my fellows ...
leaving no blocks is somewht harder and might trap the jack
Old May 4, 2006, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AC556k
Wouldn't it have been worth it just to catch those muthafucers! In Florida now we have a nice new law that allows you to blast somebody if they break into your house or car. I would have just told the cops I fell asleep behind the wheel and woke up to these fools jacking my ride. Pow, bang, boom a few less scumbags out there. The other night our dog started barking and someone was trying to break into my wifes car, she grabs her Sig Sauer 229 and pops out the door buck naked. I told her you are lucky they didn't come after you instead of run.
Hasn't that law been in place for a number of years?? My neighbor (in FL) has many guns and has the "shoot first, shoot again, kick in the face, then ask a question" mentality. Noone dares break into his house if they want to live.

I remember when my house was robbed it took the cops almost 3 hours to arrive!!
Old May 4, 2006, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
at least they didnt drop your car on the ground like my friend's, it messed up the bumper and side skirts
the lucky part is my friend found his wheels on ebay and told the police :P lol
sorry to hear that happened dude
Old May 4, 2006, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any witnesses??? Time to invest in wheel locks, a pit bull, or a handgun
Old May 4, 2006, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Yes they were kind enough not to let the rotors bash into the ground. Seems like they were trying to be quiet . And i doubt rim locks would have made a difference all they needed was a smaller socket to get it off. Im sorry to hear about your rims man. Hopefully they dont return for the whole car. I would invest in a very good alarm and a 9mm with a extended clip Or if you need some heavy guns like a M4 or AK47 come to vegas i can get you one same day

Last edited by EVOIX4me; May 4, 2006 at 09:10 AM.

Quick Reply: THIEVES got my Rims!!!