Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

THIEVES got my Rims!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 09:11 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guys, check this out:

http://www.swann.com.au/show_cat.php?catid=Security
http://www.pysoft.com/ActiveWebCamMainpage.htm

Safe area or not, I don't trust anybody!
I have the above software and Swann day/night camera hooked up to my PC. Combo works great and you can customize it alot.
Old May 4, 2006, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

good luck with the insurance.

We used to live in a apartment and it had an underground gated parking and the theives still managed to get in and steal every thing they can, we had our car stolen 2 times, our other car broken in atleast three times, and once some ediot thought he could steal a car in bright day light from front of our apartment, so my neighbor saw him and held him up with a bb gun, it was pretty funny but I think the cops let him go.

this is what I invest in just in case some one tryies to break in.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1174

get this thing to shoot 500fps and go full outo on the theives.
Old May 4, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

dude at least they put your car on bricks... they just didnt lay it on the ground
Old May 4, 2006, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

I have to admit that's pretty funny. I have a funny since of hummer if that was my car and I was going to work and I see my rims gone I would be laughing. I remember on my GSX I had the turbo timer running on a hill and the E-brake gave up and the car rolled down the hill while i was at a deli I was looking out the window and said **** that's my car hehe and started to crack up and the guys at the deli said i was crazy and I was like what? it can be fixed that's what insurance is for. but your lucky it was not your car that would of hurt you more. So I hope it goes well for you man. BTW the rims you lost are the rims I want bad.
Old May 4, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turd Squirter
I invested in a .30 '06 and a Zeiss optical scope. My car and my wife's car sit right outside our condo and within an earshot and an onobstructed view of our 2nd story bedroom window. I pray for thieves some nights. If they run it'll be a knee. If they have anything resembling a weapon it'll be the crotch. I don't care if they're 15 or 35. Thieves are just a notch above pedofiles in my mind. If law enforcement turned a blind eye to people handling their own business when it comes to theft, then it would drop.

Very well put, the cops drive thru my devolpment all the time. When I made the report today, the cop says "Wow cant beleive it, I was thru here 4 times lastNight" and he didnt see a thing. Oh Well, the insurance just cut me a check for 3800 dollars for stock rims and tires so Im in good shape.

BTW your screen name is classic "turd squirter" lol
Old May 4, 2006, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FartMuffler
dude at least they put your car on bricks... they just didnt lay it on the ground
Yeah not too long ago someone left a white 8 sitting on the ground in a movie theatre parking lot.
Old May 4, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoate ya
Very well put, the cops drive thru my devolpment all the time. When I made the report today, the cop says "Wow cant beleive it, I was thru here 4 times lastNight" and he didnt see a thing. Oh Well, the insurance just cut me a check for 3800 dollars for stock rims and tires so Im in good shape.

waaa 3800????? crap I should have someons steal my rims hehe.
Old May 4, 2006, 12:06 PM
Account Disabled

That cop should be ashamed. Your rims were literally stolen right under his nose. And to make matters worse, it sounds like they were EXPECTING something to happen because of all the other robberies in the neighborhood. Wow. Those thieves were pretty good. Hopefully somebody will make them bleed before the police find them.

Mr. and Mrs. Squirter thank you for your good taste in names.
Old May 4, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why does everyone take the tough guy with a gun approach. You shoot someone breaking into your car you're going to jail period.

On top of that, in the dark, and with the adrenaline I will say that 99.9% of you would either a) chicken out b) not be able to hit the broad side of a barn or my personal favorite c) both.

Stop being tough guys IMO.
Old May 4, 2006, 12:59 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
Why does everyone take the tough guy with a gun approach. You shoot someone breaking into your car you're going to jail period.

On top of that, in the dark, and with the adrenaline I will say that 99.9% of you would either a) chicken out b) not be able to hit the broad side of a barn or my personal favorite c) both.

Stop being tough guys IMO.
If handling your own problems qualifies for "tough" then so be it. Myself and others have been burned too many times by the police when reporting something. They're either slow to react or totally desensitized to the situation. I'm not here to pound my chest, but I will say that the older you get, the more you have at stake. At 12 years old it might have been a bicycle and dog. Now it's a home, a wife, kids, 2 cars, pets, personal property, etc, etc. Police have never been about prevention. That's our job. Do what you can to prevent it from happening because insanity is worrying about things you cannot control. Like waiting for cops to find your stolen stuff.
Old May 4, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turd Squirter
If handling your own problems qualifies for "tough" then so be it. Myself and others have been burned too many times by the police when reporting something. They're either slow to react or totally desensitized to the situation. I'm not here to pound my chest, but I will say that the older you get, the more you have at stake. At 12 years old it might have been a bicycle and dog. Now it's a home, a wife, kids, 2 cars, pets, personal property, etc, etc. Police have never been about prevention. That's our job. Do what you can to prevent it from happening because insanity is worrying about things you cannot control. Like waiting for cops to find your stolen stuff.
well put!
Old May 4, 2006, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hreadid=198541
Are these your rims? Sorry to hear this happened. Hope they catch the guys who did that.
Old May 4, 2006, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Borrow a couple spare donuts from local PA members until you get your rim/tire situation sorted out. Good luck with everything...
Old May 4, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by saw22
People suck I dont see why people cant just buy their own stuff.. worthless bastards

THAT'S WHY THEY STOLE IT. SO THEY CAN GET A FEW CASH AND "buy their own stuff"...anyways sorry to hear that bro.
Old May 4, 2006, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

That suck bro sorry to hear about that!

Quick Reply: THIEVES got my Rims!!!