Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

THIEVES got my Rims!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2006, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by levo2nr
damn sorry to hear this
ive been to media it really isnt that bad of a area though

Yeah its not a bad area at all. It is very close to a pretty bad area though, Chester PA. It is also situated in the perfect spot for theft, with quick access to major highways. It wasnt just a spur of the moment theft from what I have now been told by the cops. The apt complex is fairly large and I am the 3rd person to have their wheels stolen in the past couple monthes. I was aware of one other but not the third. 24 inch chromes off of this pretty nice caprice lowrider and some 20's off of a hummer in the development. I have just paid on a year lease for a garage in a secure area to store the car so they dont get stolen again or worse the whole car. I also got some plain jane mat silver 5zigen Gn+'s to keep it on the low. Hopefully this is my last experience with theft.
Old May 5, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by daisaw1219
damnn thats $950 for each stock rim and tire combo. My cousin's sti bbs's werent even that much. They were 750 with rim and tire.
Actually 3700 and some change. 600 a piece for the rims, 250 per tire, mounting balancing, valve stems, and some misc. stuff. After I get the wheels back on Im taking it to a shop to have the suspension looked at and alignment done which the insurance is covering so it might end up being more.
Old May 5, 2006, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IEXCELR8
Man that sucks, sorry to hear it.

If you need a doughnut I can let you have mine on loan.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I should have the rims and tires by monday or tuesday, but I appreciate it. Im going to remove the blocks and put some big wood blocks under it to take all the weight off the rotors until the wheels come in. How did your headgasket work out?
Old May 5, 2006, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

People are evil
Old May 5, 2006, 11:00 PM

My mustang was stolen while I was at church on a Wednesday night. My mom told me to leave it at home cause it wasn't right to show it off. Well, some other guy decided to show it off for me. Got it back with only third gear left, motor knocking and some body damage and no wheels etc.

Sorry for your loss......Upside.....insurance will give you money for an upgrade...
Old May 5, 2006, 11:07 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ford381stroker
My mustang was stolen while I was at church on a Wednesday night. My mom told me to leave it at home cause it wasn't right to show it off. Well, some other guy decided to show it off for me. Got it back with only third gear left, motor knocking and some body damage and no wheels etc.

Sorry for your loss......Upside.....insurance will give you money for an upgrade...
That sux dude. At least you still have the RS. It's a helluva lot harder and more expensive to find parts for an Evo than a Mustang.
Old May 6, 2006, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ford381stroker

Yeah, Im definitley greatful the whole car wasnt stolen. If the car ever were to get stolen I would hope they wouldnt recover it, anyone I have known that had a car stolen and recover the car was severly damaged and never the same after. Hopefully once I get in the garage that I rented this wont be an issue anymore.