Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

im so confused

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im so confused

I am a IX owner i have had mine for about 6 months. Why does it seem like everytime i say something about the mods i have done to my car or i hear someone else talk about there mods on there IX's someone always bashed us. I mean I feel like Im ruining my car or something now because on one of my post a guy told me that he feels sorry for my car? WTF? Yes i am a newb, thats why i come on this site so i can get some input and gain knowledge on people that have been doing this for a while. I dont come on here to get critisized if im doing something wrong can someone please tell me and not make fun. Thanks a lot. So far on my car i have TBE, header, intake, and a MBC sitting in my house and awating money for flash. I just dont understand some of these guys.
Old May 4, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

i dont see why they would bash you for power mods. i could see if you put on shnozzle leds or neons but for power mods i dont think anyone should bash you!

ps: if you didnt get a 02 housing i suggest that when you do the tbe and def. get a fuel pump!
Old May 4, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fastassfourdoor
I am a IX owner i have had mine for about 6 months. Why does it seem like everytime i say something about the mods i have done to my car or i hear someone else talk about there mods on there IX's someone always bashed us. I mean I feel like Im ruining my car or something now because on one of my post a guy told me that he feels sorry for my car? WTF? Yes i am a newb, thats why i come on this site so i can get some input and gain knowledge on people that have been doing this for a while. I dont come on here to get critisized if im doing something wrong can someone please tell me and not make fun. Thanks a lot. So far on my car i have TBE, header, intake, and a MBC sitting in my house and awating money for flash. I just dont understand some of these guys.
Don't sweat it. There are more good people than bad around here.....and always take everything you read on a forum with a grain of salt.....get to know some of the real Evo veterans and simply ask them your questions you will get the straight scoop....
Old May 4, 2006, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Nice choice of ride. I think they are trying to tell you to enjoy the stock form of the Evo first b4 modifying it..... Im not sure why they are bashing you but if I had a 9 and all those parts awaiting to be installed, I would be anxious too. Enjoy your Evo man.... I know I enjoy mines.
Old May 4, 2006, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Those of you who answered would understand why if you read his other threads...I truly fear for his Evo.

What I don't understand is being so upset about this that he makes a new thread in Evo General. That's the sort of thing the women do on my wife's Wedding/Family message board.
Old May 4, 2006, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up Please watch this.

Dear Mr Cornfused'

I think if you watch the short video linked below big bad Mr. Warrtalon will leave you alone. Turn up the volume first.

http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html?

Old May 5, 2006, 05:02 AM
Evolving Member

Don't worry about others diss your car and what you want done....if you want 20'' spinners do it....you wanna put decals on em do it....in the end it's your car and your gonna be driving it not anyone else on this board....These boards are for research on what products people pick for there cars. Look around find the goods and bads....and you choose. The only thing I say you should care about is going about the proper steps in upgrading your EVO and having the general knowledge of how your car works. Otherwise kick back and have a or if your a youngin have a milk.
Old May 5, 2006, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
Dear Mr Cornfused'

I think if you watch the short video linked below big bad Mr. Warrtalon will leave you alone. Turn up the volume first.

http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html?

Old May 5, 2006, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Don't sweat it. This is still a great place to learn about your car. After you have been here for a little bit you will see this too. Some of the members are just very to the point and get taken the wrong way sometimes. Do not let it bother you. Enjoy the ride and happy modding.
Old May 5, 2006, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Those of you who answered would understand why if you read his other threads...I truly fear for his Evo.

What I don't understand is being so upset about this that he makes a new thread in Evo General. That's the sort of thing the women do on my wife's Wedding/Family message board.
why are u so concerned and worried about my car worry about your own. If your not gonna tell me what im doing wrong to my car than keep your comments to yourself please.
Old May 5, 2006, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

is this your first sport compact?
Old May 5, 2006, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
never thought i would agree with warr on a opinion outside of racing but i just reviewed some of your other threads and while i dont "fear" for your car. it obvious that this is your first factory turbo car. and you want to hear the turbo whistle and listen to your BOV. althou not everone would admit i am willing to bet that everone(myself included) was there at one time before they went for big numbers. just take some time, read some posts, gain some knowledge and ask some questions to the right folks. someone here as already thought it, built it, broke it, and tried again. good luck on your IX kid.
Old May 5, 2006, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

What's the saying: "What doesnt kill you makes you stronger"?.....Don't take what people say to heart? Just read, listen to good respnses and continue to learn as much as you can......This way you ask good questions and it keeps from getting **** on all the time.

As for the smartass's....well most just do it to have some fun, I myself do it... Dont take life so serious, in due time you will post smartass responses and the next newb will question why you are so mean...

Last edited by travman; May 5, 2006 at 07:44 AM.
Old May 5, 2006, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
What's the saying: "What doesnt kill you makes you stronger"?.....Don't take what people say to heart? Just read, listen to good respnses and continue to learn as much as you can......This way you ask good questions and it keeps from getting **** on all the time.

As for the smartass's....well most just do it to have some fun, I myself do it... Dont take life so serious, in due time you will post smartass responses and the next newb will question why you are so mean...

BTW: Warr, when your wife asks not so smart questions do you go off on her as you do with some members on the board? I'd pay money to see the reaction of her coming home and saying honey I want to get an intake for my car and make it go woooosh!......

Last edited by travman; May 5, 2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old May 5, 2006, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, I do, but she doesn't ask so many stupid questions like these newbs. She's pretty resourceful when it comes to researching things online before making purchases. She could probably teach this guy a thing or two.