Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help me make the JUMP!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2006, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me make the JUMP!!!

I need help in a bad way! I currently have a 93' Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4, but i really want an EVO. everyone on the 3si board says keep my VR4 and i know all opinions are bias but i want to know what yall have to say. The EVO that im currently looking at is an 06 IX. So do yall think it would be worth it if so why? Thanks all.

allan
Old May 9, 2006, 08:32 AM

yes
Old May 9, 2006, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by obsidian
yes
x2
Old May 9, 2006, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

It's quite the upgrade, i'm not sure why you would concider keeping a "Highschool, first car" type car, over an upgrade to a more sophisticated driving machine.

Unless you have extensively modded it to the point of keeping it forever as a garage queen and track monster, i don't see the justification. And even if you did, i'm sure an Evo IX will perform better stock, on the track and on the street.

+ I think they are ugly cars..
Old May 9, 2006, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

Go test drive one!
Old May 9, 2006, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Yes!
Newer car, newer technology
4 Doors
Real Trunk
Old May 9, 2006, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The Evo IX is absolutely amazing! But you have to realize, my opinions are bias because I own one. If you are looking to get a "new" car with lower miles, then it would be a good idea to get an Evo. I have been nothing but happy with the purchase of my IX. I would do some research on the specs of the Evo to make sure it is what you want, then go test drive one. The ride is rough and noisy, but that’s how we like it.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:43 AM

Owe i test drove it, thats whats killing me. i agree that its a deffinate upgrade and it would be nice to have a warrenty for once. Once i drove it i was in love but i've always loved my VR4 its always been reliable and fast.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:47 AM

It rides alot nicer than the VR4. they ride like log wagons. Plus the VR4 wieghs almost 4000 lbs. But it is twin turbo.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:50 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
VR4 is a boat...
Old May 9, 2006, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A 3000 GT VR4 is not a "first highschool car". I believe your thinking of the SL model or the base model. Even now VR4's are uber expensive considering their age. That being said twin turbo all wheel drive with a six speed getrag tranny is pretty damn sweet. I owned a 3gt before and high end I dont think a stock evo will be able to catch up. However in the twisties the 3GT will be lost.

Originally Posted by KOEvo
It's quite the upgrade, i'm not sure why you would concider keeping a "Highschool, first car" type car, over an upgrade to a more sophisticated driving machine.

Unless you have extensively modded it to the point of keeping it forever as a garage queen and track monster, i don't see the justification. And even if you did, i'm sure an Evo IX will perform better stock, on the track and on the street.

+ I think they are ugly cars..
Old May 9, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Stroked_VR4
my VR4 its always been reliable and fast.
An Evo IX is more reliable and faster. Its like a win win situation, except with alot more wins.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Go for it man!
Old May 9, 2006, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by djscoto
An Evo IX is more reliable and faster. Its like a win win situation, except with alot more wins.
Old May 9, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just realized you have a 93, which has the flip up headlights, 5 speed and less power. In that case an evo is a win win situation.

Originally Posted by rcheung
A 3000 GT VR4 is not a "first highschool car". I believe your thinking of the SL model or the base model. Even now VR4's are uber expensive considering their age. That being said twin turbo all wheel drive with a six speed getrag tranny is pretty damn sweet. I owned a 3gt before and high end I dont think a stock evo will be able to catch up. However in the twisties the 3GT will be lost.