Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What kind of driver are you?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2006, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ill like to take long walks with my car on the beach and hold doors/hand together and make everyone jealous. Then I make love to it on the beach under the dark moon light. Pretty soon ill have litle evos running around with small 2g63 engines with lickle turbos....soo cute.
Old May 10, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

street racing?? are u serious? tats for idiots who cant afford to race at a track

Road racing and mayb some auto-X for me...
Old May 10, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Ive been doing the street thing since I was 17 in my DSM. I just started going to the track too but its 40-45m away and costs a lot for a lot of sitting around. Nothing beats the street IMO.
Old May 10, 2006, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

my car has 100 HP..ill stick to gran turismo 4...lol..and mountain bikes. id like tot hink ill be able to drah my evo when i get it..lol..
Old May 10, 2006, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

In the past and right now it's been drag racing.

Starting at the end of this month it will be Auto-X for the first time.

And i would love nothing more then to do road racing, but i don't really know how to get into it, and it's expensive.
Old May 10, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

before the high gas prices, it used to be any winding country side roads redlining every gear. now with the high gas prices, it's shifting at 2,500 and goind 65mph.
Old May 10, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

I myself am more of a drag racer....but there is something about hitting some back roads and just having some fun. I have never been to a track day or auto x allthough ive spent most of my time being a dsmer only worried about going in a straight line lol I am ready to try a few different things out.
Old May 10, 2006, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by trinydex
how can you possibly be looking at the view a touge has to offer when you're concentrating as you said?

when there's a clearing and you can over look the city, that kind of scenery really stands out from the scenary you come across in everyday city driving.
Old May 10, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

I dont drive the thing. I just look at it. Once in a while I get it and pretend I am doing all the above, 30 minutes later I get out tired and ready for a nap. Actually I enjoy all of those things. I really like touge, since a bunch of us roll are the same time.
Old May 10, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

official autoX driver.
Old May 10, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by -Q-
Where abouts do you race? Tunnel Rd? Grizzly Peaks? Those are some wicked sharp roads. There are always cars going over the cliffs there. Crazy thing is they don't even bother pulling them out until too many accumulate!
Old May 10, 2006, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tranman85
For me nothing beats TOUGE! love the concentration it requires and the view. Can't beat that kind of adrenaline rush.
Looks like someone's been watching too many Best Motoring DVD's and Initial D rips.

For me, I either drive safely on the street...or I drive on a race track. I save my tail-out antics for the race track where they belong. I don't feel much of an "adrenaline rush" from risking other people's lives on public roads.

Plus, all the money you save from traffic violations buys you more race pads and R-compounds

Emre
Old May 10, 2006, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kayaalp
Looks like someone's been watching too many Best Motoring DVD's and Initial D rips.

For me, I either drive safely on the street...or I drive on a race track. I save my tail-out antics for the race track where they belong. I don't feel much of an "adrenaline rush" from risking other people's lives on public roads.

Plus, all the money you save from traffic violations buys you more race pads and R-compounds

Emre
i do watch a lot of best motoring dvd's and initial d, ever since i picked up my first car at age 16. i've done auto x and yeah it's fun learning in a controlled environment and ripping it up. but still you can not tell me that the uncontrolled environment of mountain roads or backroads is not fun and exciting. it's not stupidity because i don't pretend i'm takumi and take a 90 degree turn at 60 mph, Togue just means winding mountain road, doesn't mean I'm driving like a maniac down a mountain road. I just enjoy the scenary and the fact that my car can respond to any twists and turns on a road where most people have to drive way under the posted speed limit while i maneuver it perfectly fine at the posted speed or even a bit over. We are all driving evo's not suv's, the evo's legend and allure was developed because of it's amazing performance on winding courses on mountain roads, wrc stages like monte carlo and safari africa, in the dirt or in the rain. So how can you blame people for preferring mountain roads over track courses or auto x. Yeah we're not professional drivers like Makinen or Richard Burns but when you drive an evo up on those roads, even if you are just driving normally the way the Evo handles those conditions really makes you feel like you're in control. I'm not saying be stupid and take those turns like you are a pro, but just saying that don't knock on those who enjoy the mountain roads and backroads. My friends and i have group rides up and down twisty roads frequently, it's the same concept as BARF group motorcycle rides, not to be crazy racers but to just enjoy the road, the scene, and your vehicle.
Old May 10, 2006, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
how can you possibly be looking at the view a touge has to offer when you're concentrating as you said?

touge is dangerous, i know from first hand experience and many second hand experience accounts. and i'm not talkin' about pussyfootin' it around some mountain twisties. i come from the home of mulholland race way and in the end, i can't afford to drive touge. no run off and dirt will always put you somewhere you don't wanna be for the next 4 months, whether it's in the hospitol and the aftermath associated with that (bills), body shop and the aftermath associated with that (getting things perfect again), etc.

that said you can push it as hard as you want on autocross will next to 0 consequences.

i also enjoy roadracing.
+9842. all my friends have lost one of their cars at one point due to touge, or "mountain runs". i was just on mulholland drive last week, and 2 accidents happened inside 20 minutes: a Ducatti lost control and started sliding on the ground right in front of me (i was not pushing my car at all, jsut getting somewhere), and good thing that part had a guard rail or else....

then a big *** truck accidently lost its tail in one of the blind corners, and started drifting!!!

road course for me any day. though i havnt' been to one cuz i can't afford to have anything break or needing replacement yet after this summer though ....
Old May 10, 2006, 02:50 PM
Account Disabled

Im the kind of driver that'll run your ***** *** of the road for driving like a *****!

Quick Reply: What kind of driver are you?