Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just Got My Evo Rs!!

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2006, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Got My EVO9 RS!! have a few q's

1st of all, I want to say the EVO rs is a awesome handling car, steering is no brainer, very precise. I'm a subaru mechanic for 2 yrs now. And i have yet to drive a stock wrx or sti that handles like the evo.

I have couple of questions for those who drive a EVO RS as well.

1) The interior make some slight tsk tsk tsk noise very lightly when driving on city road as if something is loose underneth the dash, i thought it was behind the stereo cover plate, but it was not. Just wondering if any other evo rs have the same problem and can give me a idea what might be casuing this little noise when driving the car.

2) The rear suspension occasionally make a squeal sound right before i'm comming to a complete stop or at the moment of complete stopping. Does any of you have this issue as well? It might just because it's a stiff car. I know the sti brand new from factory makes quite a bit of suspension noise as well.

3) What would you guys recommend mod wise for evo, I already know to do the turbo back and intake and a good boost controller, what is a safe boost for stock motor.

P.S Thanks in advance for any input.

Here are couple of pics of my old suby race/show car. and last will be my newly aquired Evo RS

Last edited by jdmstop; May 13, 2006 at 01:58 AM.
Old May 13, 2006, 01:57 AM
-Q-

Pretty nice Suby.

Congrats on the EVO.
Old May 13, 2006, 02:06 AM

that clicking sounds like the same problem(noise)i had with my '05 MR, my problem
was a clip under the pillar that helped hold the windshield in place, mitsubishi is
aware of it and has a fix kit that your dealer can install for you, all under warranty
of course. i drove my car for over a year with that annoying noise being evident
every time you went over a rough stretch or bumps in the road, so i went down
to my mitsu dealer and one of the techs told me that they had indeed gotten a
heads up from mitsubishi and it was a quick fix. problem solved. i hope that
helps, it's worth a shot and it doesn't take them long at all to install it, new cars
should be rattle free, enjoy your new ride.
Old May 13, 2006, 02:45 AM

What was the total price you paid with tax and title?
Old May 13, 2006, 03:01 AM

those pmu calipers looks sweet... congrats on new car
Old May 13, 2006, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by MADsKiLLz91
What was the total price you paid with tax and title?

29 something out the door.. it was under 30 for sure! I got their last white RS. I believe they still have a red one available.

Thanks
Old May 13, 2006, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by faceplant
that clicking sounds like the same problem(noise)i had with my '05 MR, my problem
was a clip under the pillar that helped hold the windshield in place, mitsubishi is
aware of it and has a fix kit that your dealer can install for you, all under warranty
of course. i drove my car for over a year with that annoying noise being evident
every time you went over a rough stretch or bumps in the road, so i went down
to my mitsu dealer and one of the techs told me that they had indeed gotten a
heads up from mitsubishi and it was a quick fix. problem solved. i hope that
helps, it's worth a shot and it doesn't take them long at all to install it, new cars
should be rattle free, enjoy your new ride.

Hi, thanks for the great info. What do they install? Do they have to remove the windshield for that? is there a tsb out for this problem? I usually like to install this kind of fix myself.
Old May 13, 2006, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

I've had my rs for a couple weeks now and havn't heard any noise coming from the dash,but have heard once and a while a light clink in the trans or shifter from shifting while turning. The squeel sound your hearing could be the brakes as I've heard that on other evo's brakes(just not mine yet)

..and recomended mods are turbo back exhaust and reflash and boost controller (depending on which reflash you get).
Old May 13, 2006, 07:39 AM

welcome to the world of evo's, you will love every minute of it!
Old May 13, 2006, 10:00 AM

Yeah the RS makes alot of noises. Since their's no sound deadening or stereo you have a tendency to hear them more than other cars. But it's something you have to learn to live with, or it will just drive you nuts.

As for mods, you might want to check out Buschur's site, as they have some packages put together to help you decide what to do.

http://www.buschurracing.com/stage1.htm

I've bought basically Buschur stage 4+, and am pretty happy with the quality.

I say go slow though with the mods, the Evo 9 will respond very well with just the basics.

Example:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=200774
Old May 13, 2006, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Thats some serious hardware on the Suby, me likes!
Old May 13, 2006, 01:58 PM

Thanks guys for the positive comment. I'm gonna try to investigate the interior clicking sound, doesnt really sound like a relay clicking, i mean that would be pretty bad if you can " hear" a relay clicking when you are driving.
Old May 13, 2006, 02:04 PM
Account Disabled

Nice rides! My wife and I have been praying for Mitsu to bring the Evo wagon to the USDM for a while now. I like that utilitarian type of look.

The windshield ticking is a known problem on new Evos. Dealer will know about it. Not sure if there is a TSB for it however. There should be though. As far as mods, forget the intake. Just get a nice 3" TBE and an EcuTek flash. You'll should be putting down 300whp after that if your tuner is decent. The IX is impressive. Don't worry about the fuel pump or aftermarket cams. You've already got that covered.

Are you going to add a stereo system?
Old May 13, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats. Have you ever posted at www.ClubWRX.net ? It's a great place for Subaru information. And again, congrats on the new RS.
Old May 13, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jdmstop
29 something out the door.. it was under 30 for sure! I got their last white RS. I believe they still have a red one available.

Thanks
I am liking the RS....

Quick Reply: Just Got My Evo Rs!!