Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The Magnum attacks Beaver Run..........

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2006, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The Magnum attacks Beaver Run..........

We are here at Beaver Run this weekend with our Time Attack car for its first official event. Not too many cars here maybe 40 yesterday testing.

We had the fastest time yesterday with the car running a 1:01.38. It must be fast as there sure was a lot of talk about the car.

The track record here for T1 is 1:02 something. Robert feels he can pull a 59.99999 out of the car. Would be cool to break a minute.

First thing out of Robert's mouth yesterday was, "How much "LHOOUNH AFEOUD boost does this car have to have?!! Turn it down, holy **SHLHD!!" So, we backed 5 psi of boost out of it and figured as long as he wanted less power we threw some fuel at it too! haha

I had the car on the dyno before we left and the tune was set up for this weekend. I guess it was too much. I figure we backed a solid 40-50 whp out of it after that first time out. Robert wants it back for today

This is some fun stuff. We're having a great time.

Hopefully we have some good competition for the car today.
Old May 14, 2006, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice... get some track videos up
Old May 14, 2006, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vid!!!
Old May 14, 2006, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Ha, thats funny when a driver asks for LESS power
Old May 14, 2006, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

sounds awesome...haha musta been pretty darn powerful for him to ask you to turn it down!
Old May 14, 2006, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Great to hear, 1:01 is flying there

I'm pissed, I thought it was going to rain this weekend so I sat this one out.

Good luck.

Mattj
Old May 14, 2006, 05:55 PM
wtz
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what happened? Would love to have been there but my tranny crapped on me.
Old May 14, 2006, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

awesome times dave...what were the results?

i'll be seeing you guys tomorrow (dropping the car off) to get some stuff done
Old May 15, 2006, 03:34 AM
Evolving Member

Well, the Evos did well yesterday. First place unlimited/overall, first place modified, and first place street. It was a lot of fun!

Johannes
Old May 15, 2006, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Great time this weekend. Starting to get everything smoothed out and the we are working better together

Very disapointed at the turn out for the event. Honestly we were the only Unlimited AWD car there. So that sucked. Needless to say we won the Unlimited AWD class. We did also win the Overall Unlimited award too, which is means we were the fastest Unlimited AWD, FWD or RWD there. We also won the Overall Champion which meant we were the fastest PERIOD.

Ended up running a best of 1.01:38 for the weekend and during the actual Time Attack ran 1.01:44 and 1.01:46.

Robert Fuller, our driver/suspension man, did an EXCELLENT job driving this weekend. Very good time, very proud to have him driving our car.

Trent Stanley, our welder/friend, here at the shop is also absolutely hooked on road racing. He went from wanting to build the shortblock/head and installing a GT35R to go 9's in the 1/4 to deciding a good set of coil overs would be a better investment! haha We will be getting them on the car in the very near future. Trent took 3rd place in the Modified AWD class running a 1.06:??, can't remember the hundreds, sorry. This was done in a BR Stage 4 equipped EVO he drives everyday to and from work (1 hour each way), the only weight reduction is the front bumper beam and spare tire/jack. Stock 40,000+ mile suspension with a rear sway bar and Toyo tires. He ran on 93 octane and 19 psi all weekend, during the Time Attack timed portion he put in 110 and turned the boost up to 25 psi. The times were barely effected.

Looking forward to our next event and hoping to see some other cars come out to compete.
Old May 15, 2006, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats on a successful weekend! Did your welder, Trent Stanley, run on Toyo RA1's? Was it a 2003/4, 2005 evo?

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Great time this weekend. Starting to get everything smoothed out and the we are working better together

Very disapointed at the turn out for the event. Honestly we were the only Unlimited AWD car there. So that sucked. Needless to say we won the Unlimited AWD class. We did also win the Overall Unlimited award too, which is means we were the fastest Unlimited AWD, FWD or RWD there. We also won the Overall Champion which meant we were the fastest PERIOD.

Ended up running a best of 1.01:38 for the weekend and during the actual Time Attack ran 1.01:44 and 1.01:46.

Robert Fuller, our driver/suspension man, did an EXCELLENT job driving this weekend. Very good time, very proud to have him driving our car.

Trent Stanley, our welder/friend, here at the shop is also absolutely hooked on road racing. He went from wanting to build the shortblock/head and installing a GT35R to go 9's in the 1/4 to deciding a good set of coil overs would be a better investment! haha We will be getting them on the car in the very near future. Trent took 3rd place in the Modified AWD class running a 1.06:??, can't remember the hundreds, sorry. This was done in a BR Stage 4 equipped EVO he drives everyday to and from work (1 hour each way), the only weight reduction is the front bumper beam and spare tire/jack. Stock 40,000+ mile suspension with a rear sway bar and Toyo tires. He ran on 93 octane and 19 psi all weekend, during the Time Attack timed portion he put in 110 and turned the boost up to 25 psi. The times were barely effected.

Looking forward to our next event and hoping to see some other cars come out to compete.
Old May 15, 2006, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It was a sight to see, good job guys. This is my home town track so now I can talk smack to all my Porsche, Lotus and BMW freinds, EVO's rule!
Old May 15, 2006, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

i was fortunate enough to see you guys run for about 1/2 hour. cars looked fast out there. nice job! I was very dissapointed at the turnout myself. wow i should have signed up just for the hell of it with that many. Thats good to hear your welder is competing in a reasonably stock car. makes it even more appealing!
Old May 15, 2006, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Trent's car is a 2003 EVO. BR Stage 4, BR 20g-9-5, reflashed ECU and a rear sway bar. The tires were Toyo Proxis.
Old May 15, 2006, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

are we allowed to kno what magnum has in it? Other then driver