Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

GT3071R GTI vs Evo IX. 80-130mph roll

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alby988
how do you brake boost
just like it sounds.

Foot on Brake at a roll, press the gass pedal.... add alittle more brake so she doesnt go forward. Viola you are now holding boost sitting next to someone
Old May 14, 2006, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey mattyb1, my friend had an audi tt, and with a gt28rs, he said it would make about 275whp or so, so im not sure what you meant by go to vwvortex, but i dont think my facts are all that far off.
Old May 14, 2006, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sleet
ROFL@80 roll.

Tell him real races occur from digs, so dig or 10MPH. If he wants traction he should have thought of that before turbo'd a FWD car.
i was thinking the same thing!! Who the hell proves power from 80mph?!? Is he saying he's only competitive on the top end?
Old May 14, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bacalhau16
hey mattyb1, my friend had an audi tt, and with a gt28rs, he said it would make about 275whp or so, so im not sure what you meant by go to vwvortex, but i dont think my facts are all that far off.
Depends on which TT there are two models with Turbo's the TT 180 (Single exaust) and the TT 225 aswell as ALL wheel and FWD. So we have a few factors to play with. The Kit makes a big difference, if you take a look at the new "Eliminator" kits from ATP you will understand. VW's are so testy, I've owned 6 boosted VW's From rabbits to a 20th AE MK4.... The MK4's do shine up top.

My last Vdub representin' german engineering

Last edited by Mattyb1; May 14, 2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old May 14, 2006, 12:06 PM

Im gonna do some research so I can get flashed and throw in a nice TBE. I didn't plan on doing this until later on, but what the heck. If this puts me close to 330whp then it's worth the try. $1K of mod on my IX vs $8K on his MK4, I can't feel bad even if he pulls on me. It will be easier to get that FWD going from an 80mph roll though.
Old May 14, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
everyone that said take it to the track is a wuss.

You'll probably lose though, especially from a roll. Get a flash and youll stand a better chance.
Old May 14, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx

You'll probably lose though, especially from a roll. Get a flash and youll stand a better chance.
Or they have a Family, Kids, lose of license, the list goes on..... mybe thats why they say that. Or they have been there done that, dont want to see another young guy falling victim to stupidity..... I dont know, but I am gonna guess its along those lines.
Old May 14, 2006, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by WTF hX
Im gonna do some research so I can get flashed and throw in a nice TBE. I didn't plan on doing this until later on, but what the heck. If this puts me close to 330whp then it's worth the try. $1K of mod on my IX vs $8K on his MK4, I can't feel bad even if he pulls on me. It will be easier to get that FWD going from an 80mph roll though.
this was what i was gonna say. throw on a tbe get a flash and own him.
Old May 14, 2006, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Dude, just get a TBE, maybe some cam(s), and a custom flash and you will rape him.
Old May 14, 2006, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostless
i was thinking the same thing!! Who the hell proves power from 80mph?!? Is he saying he's only competitive on the top end?
Probally he just spins untill 80MPH.
Old May 14, 2006, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Your an idiot, why are they a wuss? Does that mean all professional drag racers are "wussies?"

Race him from a dig, you'll murder him.
Old May 14, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

I think you are underestimating your IX.... With those mods and maybe a cam or two, you should be putting out close to 400whp on pump gas. That's been proven here many times. The IX's turbo is just sick. If you want even more power, throw some methanol injection in there and turn up the boost. 400whp+ wouldnt be a problem with that setup. Good luck!
Old May 14, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

The reason everyone is saying take it to the track is because there is a no tolerance policy on street racing on this forum and you will get this thread deleted. Also, any racing should be taken to the track. There is a time and place for power, kids. (And if your not a kid, it may be time to re-evaulate your maturity.)
Old May 14, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Oh, and if you need quich power, search for the warrtalon/buschur stage 1 kit for the IX. 330whp for around 1300 bucks.
Old May 14, 2006, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just snag the package in my sig if you want to go that route cheaply and reliably, but this thread will get deleted, because it's absolutely RETARDED to even make a thread talking about doing a highway roll race starting at 80mph. How stupid can you get?

Tell your friend he's an idiot and to meet you at the track. Going from a roll at 80mph means absolutely nothing.

Quick Reply: GT3071R GTI vs Evo IX. 80-130mph roll