Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

IX GSR Vs IX RS

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2006, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IX GSR Vs IX RS

Hey guys i was looknig at trading the 05 evo i have in and was wondering is it worth the extra money to get the gsr. I have the ssl package now and like it but Its not really needed. Plus it saves me money if i dont do it that way. So my question is should i do the gsr or the rs. I would like imput from both owners and why you went that way. I tried searching but didnt find anything it just said theres an error. I know the rs doesnt have power windows or locks and no radio but is that the only downfall? THanks for the imput

Matt
Old May 14, 2006, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

it also doesnt have ABS, which is a big downside in my opinion.

the radio can speakers can be added so thats not a big deal. I dont think no power windows is a big deal also. but the no ABS is definitly crappy.
Old May 14, 2006, 03:26 PM

Yea not having ABS is the only reason Im thinking of just getting the base ix
Old May 14, 2006, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

besides no abs, no power door locks is a big downside imo. it really is almost necessity for daily use. kinda annoying to be checking all your locks by hand all the time. even hand cranking the windows sucks...drove around a corolla with no power d/l or windows for awhile. it really is convienient to have those things. plus if you want something other than white or red, the choice is easy. but if your looking for a track car or have another car for daily use I'd go with the RS. After you add a stereo to the RS its almost the same cost as the 'gsr' ix.