Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gauging interest on a heavily modified 05 TB VIII

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauging interest on a heavily modified 05 TB VIII

Here's the deal. My car is an 05 Tarmac Black VIII with just over 12000 miles on it(Actually by the time the for sale sign goes on it it'll have a little more). I have spent the last almost year building up this car. I have come to a point now where the next of my mods will be costing thousands. I REALLY want to get into a 9 and think this car would be great for someone who knows what they're doing with cars and wants to fast forward with the bolt ons. The car has...

2.3 liter stroker
Head work(ported, 1mm oversized valves, 5 angle valve job, springs, retainers)
AEM EMS (Speed Density)
850 injectors
Walboro 255 pump
Revolver Cams
Exedy twin disc clutch
SS clutch line
Hallman MBC
DNP headers
Meghan 02 housing
AMS 3" dp
AMS high flow cat
AMS cat back
AMS upper intercooler piping
TiAL BOV
custom intake with K&N filter
Koyo radiator
Weapon R catch can
Ingalls Stiffi engine stabilizer
Taylor battery relocation kit(trunk)
Cusco type 1 lower arm bar
Cusco rear strut tower brace
Seibon cw hood
APR front splitter
Autometer C2 gauges(Boost, oil temp, oil pressure, water temp)
AEM UEGO gauge
Custom gauge faces
and a couple other odds and ends here and there that most likely wont be deal makers/breakers.

The car is going to get an intake temp sensor installed, a tune by Sean Ivey and a for sale sign for $33,000. If anyone believes this is an outrageous asking price, please let me know. I understand fully that finding a buyer will not be easy but someone out there must want this car. It was dynod on a mustang dyno at 340 hp, 386 ft. lbs. with the stock turbo. The stock turbo with the stroker is great. This car is almost instantly in boost. Shes dying for a turbo kit and some alky injection. Again, the car drives great, I'm selling it to sidestep into a 9 and do it all over again with a newer car. Anyone interested please PM me.
Old May 14, 2006, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Part it out, then trade it in for a 9. You might be able to sell it for that pice, but I doubt it, it wiil be a very specialized buyer, hard to come by
Old May 14, 2006, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

I dont want to change it all back. The only thing I plan to do is get the stock ECU a flash to make it driveable to get a sticker. I still have the stock maf sensor and some other stuff to allow it to at least get to a garage to be plugged into. If I can't find anyone to buy it I'm just going to keep it until I do, whenever that may be.
Old May 14, 2006, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Man, strap a GT35 kit on and it'll feel like a brand new car (a brand new 600 awhp car no less) and you wont waste all the work you've done!!!

Even at a later date, you'd be able to sell a 600 awhp modified car much much more easily than you'd be able to sell a 340 awhp modified car.
Old May 15, 2006, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

I understand the idea of that but again, thats not what i want to do. This thread was started to gauge the interest of a car like this. Apparently its not high.
Old May 15, 2006, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Why would you want a fresh 06 when there aren't that many differences from your already worked 05?
Old May 15, 2006, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Because the IX with a flash and TBE makes power knocking on that VIII's door with all those mods.
Old May 15, 2006, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

oh yeah, what Stew said. That would be much easier to sell although the time and effort might be better spent into parting it out, returning it to stock and then selling.
Old May 15, 2006, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by res04
Because the IX with a flash and TBE makes power knocking on that VIII's door with all those mods.
thats part of it. Not really the most though. The main reason is that i want a new 9, the next biggest reason is that I had fun building this car to where it is at and am willing to do it all over again, though this time around knowing what to do and not to do.
Old May 15, 2006, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

I hear ya, I get the same way. Its a hobby, keeps me busy, love tinkering around and when shes all done (or exceeded my talent working on her wise) its time for a new one.
Old May 15, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you ask me, I would keep the 8. You are going to lose alot of money selling the 8 for $33,000.00. If money is no object then I say go for it. With the current modifications you have on the car I'd say you are prepared to hit 500 HP pretty easily.

Last edited by sonicnofadz; May 15, 2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old May 15, 2006, 04:59 PM

you've already spent most of the money, might as well stick with it and get a big turbo. That 2.3 will spool up a GT35 in no time