Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EcuTek vs Xede

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2006, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EcuTek vs Xede

Does anyone have any advice on these two products??? I am in the market for an engine management system and I'm caught between these two. I have an 05 MR with the Vishnu exhaust, injen intake, and a HKS BOV. Probably not going to do much to the car after this mod. Any comments, suggestions, or concerns???? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks stallions.
Old May 14, 2006, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are not comparable items. The Xede is a piggyback while the EcuTek is just a static flash. Vishnu also has their own flash, which would be more comparable to the EcuTek.

You need to decide if you want a flash or a self-tuning piggyback, then go from there. All such products work well. I also recommend removing that HKS BOV...
Old May 14, 2006, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
true, and try searching a little. i have both the xflash and xede smart and it works great, but i can not compare the two flashes. soon it will be tuned by shiv, thank god
Old May 14, 2006, 10:27 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An EcuTek flash and dynotune from Mike at Gruppe-S (with just a JDM MR BOV & CB exhaust on the car at the time) was like stepping into a whole different level of car. The horrible factory boost taper at 5.2k RPM's was gone and the car just generally pulled hard as hell. I think it depends a lot on who tunes the car too. If you can find a good local tuner familair with EcuTek that might be a good route to go. I can't comment on Vishnu's products, service or tunes. I live about 3 minutes from their shop but I've never been there.