Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just a random story!

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2006, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a random story!

Just sitting here at work. I was just reading thread about people comparing cars, and which one would be faster in a race, and it reminded of something funny. Well funny to me anyway. I work with this super redneck looking guy. Last week I come into work and he immediatly starts asking me about my car, model and hp. He has no clue about the thing. He thought it was an Eclipse Spyder. I'm like how dumb are you. I knew right there he had no idea what the Evo is capable. To make a long story short he kept going on about his brothers Dodge pickup with a Hemi in it and how it has more hp than my car. He said his brother had just added a cat-back and upped the hp to 350 or something like that. I wanted to tell him that his brother was probably qouting what the engine is rated at, plus so number that he exhaust supposedly adds, but it would have been worthless. I wanted to explain to him the difference between the hp the engine is rated at and what is actually put to the ground, but again worthless. I qouted him the stock hp rating of 276 at the engine on my VIII. I am a couple of cams short of Buschurs stage 3, so I am above that. I decided to end the converstation by saying that the truck would not stand a chance against my car. He didn't know what to say after that. I just thought it was kinda funny.
Old May 15, 2006, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speaking of trucks....

I was on my way home last week on a long stretch of I95... and some dude in a chevy extreme starts trying to get me to bite on some highway pulls. I'm like "wtf is this guy thinking" instead I decided to just stay an annoying 3 car lengths behind him no matter how fast he went. When he'd pull a little bit harder, I'd just close the gap a little to make sure he knew that his truck wasn't able to pull away. After about 10 miles of this, he got off the highway and gave me the finger.

lol.