Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

consensus on ebay type tubular 02 housings?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2006, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
consensus on ebay type tubular 02 housings?

hey guys, just installed a 10.5 HS and SS autochrome 02 housing, felt great car is running much stronger, however i've been hitting fuel cut despite turning down my MBC multiple times. in 5th gear it holds roughly 20 psi all the way to redline but at WOT in 2nd gear i get this intermittent fuel cut. now, it is cold here, down into the 50's, but its still odd.

i did some searching and mysteriously stumbled upon all these threads indicating that tubular style o2 housings are culprits to fuel cut/boost creep and that many people are removing them, is this consensus now a days? or is it still a worthwhile viable mod?

thanks for your help.

PS im not flashed yet, i was planning on doing fuel pump/flash/JDM MR DV all next month (spreading out cash) mods are below:
Old May 15, 2006, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

I havent had any problems with mine. Although, I only had mine on 2 days before I got tuned by Al. My boost controller held the boost rock solid at 22 psi until I was advised to turn it down when I was getting tuned.
Old May 15, 2006, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

if you plan to get an ebay o2 housing, i would get it from here
https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...fd052594ac6d73

because it comes coated!!!
Old May 15, 2006, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eling99
if you plan to get an ebay o2 housing, i would get it from here
https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...fd052594ac6d73

because it comes coated!!!
well i already bought it from ebay and its already been installed, its the same piece just not coated.
Old May 15, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

I am also very interested/concerned about this. I have one in the UPS truck now on it's way from someone on here (Buschur coated). I was planning on putting it on with my 10.5 but now I seem to see more people having trouble than good experiences. Any info is appreciated.
Old May 15, 2006, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

well ive been in consultation with warrtalon, and first things first, i need to get tuned/flashed, which im not before i start pointing fingers at anything else.

so now i need a walbro asap and mail my ecu in...
Old May 15, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

That's why I don't have all of my parts on yet. I am going to wait till I schedule a tune. First I want to get the BR ported mani and I need a boost guage. A 103 in a 55 on Friday is going to set me back on those 2 parts for at least 1 pay. Doh!!
Old May 15, 2006, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Also Dr. SS, the tune should help the fuel cut but if you do have boost tapering problems you may want to read this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hlight=housing
Old May 15, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBevO8
Also Dr. SS, the tune should help the fuel cut but if you do have boost tapering problems you may want to read this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hlight=housing
yeah i read that thread, but my boost isnt creeping, it stays right at 20 psi in 5th gear, ill try some 3rd gear runs after work to see if it creeps, ill let u know.

because if my hunch is right, im not creeping, just hitting fuel cut because i need a tune. i just ordered a walbro before posting this, hopefully ill get it/install it this week and then mail in my ECU to be flashed.
Old May 15, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

I just mentioned it because you said about how you have been reading about fuel cut and boost taper so I just thought I'd throw that in there for extra info. Where did you get your pump from? I found a place that was $85 shipped I could've told you about. Might not be too late unless you got a good deal too, then no bother.
Old May 15, 2006, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBevO8
I just mentioned it because you said about how you have been reading about fuel cut and boost taper so I just thought I'd throw that in there for extra info. Where did you get your pump from? I found a place that was $85 shipped I could've told you about. Might not be too late unless you got a good deal too, then no bother.
it was 89 shipped with the install kit.
when u say taper, are you referring to boost creep? i have no tapering problems.
Old May 15, 2006, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry. Yes, that is what I meant. Sorry, I have been looking at MBC taper problems also today and it's all jumbled in my head I guess.