Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Ride With Tarzan Yamada in the Cyber Evo

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2006, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jid2
Guy above... are you JDM? What people are saying is that in the big World of racing people run the best parts they can find, period. Sure the JGTC is cool, but it is not the the most respected or advanced racing league in the world. And that is fact.

And if you think Tein is so sweet and that the real suspension makers such as: Penske, Ohlins, Extreme, Moton and so forth are crap... well good luck to you.
First off, I am not jdm whatever you mean by that?

Second, I never said penske was crap. Please re-read what i said.

Thirdy, I never said JGTC is the best racing league out there.

Lastly, stop putting words in my mouth.

Thank you
Old May 16, 2006, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nils
lol.. this is funny.
Very!
Old May 16, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Lucky is an understatement...
Old May 16, 2006, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid

Ummm. You must have forgotten the Y-series V8's in the Nissan cars, Toyota's 4.0 and 4.3L V8's, the V12 that came in the Toyota Century, tons and tons of V8 engines made in Japan and used in the Japanese market, many of them exclusively.
Actually there all made in the USA.
Old May 16, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just so you know... The JDM Favorite Takata Dome NSX runs:

Alcon brakes and Showa suspension. No Project Mu, Endless, Tein or Tanabe in sight!

http://www.dome.co.jp/e/race/car/03nsx.html

More JGTC equipment.

Last edited by jid2; May 16, 2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old May 16, 2006, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Phenix_fyah
Actually there all made in the USA.
No, you're an idiot, all of the engines I mentioned are made in Japan.
Old May 16, 2006, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

They use Japanese components but are not made in Japan.
Old May 16, 2006, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Phenix_fyah
They use Japanese components but are not made in Japan.
So where are they made, genius? Considering all of them were in production before Toyota or Nissan were producing anything in America, I'd say your arguement holds about as much water as a pair of assless chaps.

The 2UZ-FE is a 4.7*L (4663*cc) version built in Tahara, Japan.
The 3UZ-FE is a 4.3*L (4292*cc) version built in Japan.
The 4.5*L (4494*cc) VK45DE was introduced in 2002 and is built in Yokohama, Japan.

Oops. Game. Set. Match. Asshat.

Last edited by TheGVR4kid; May 16, 2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old May 16, 2006, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Very cool day for you. Tarzan is a well respected driver by a lot of people. I have nothing to compare to him to but see his name around a lot.

I was told this weekend that the Cyber EVO is suppose to be at our next Time Attack Event at Summit Point. I am really looking forward to running against it.
Old May 16, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Very cool day for you. Tarzan is a well respected driver by a lot of people. I have nothing to compare to him to but see his name around a lot.

I was told this weekend that the Cyber EVO is suppose to be at our next Time Attack Event at Summit Point. I am really looking forward to running against it.
And many of us are really looking forward to seeing the results. Please take pics and vids if you can.
Old May 16, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Thats funny cause some of the best jgtc cars use endless and project mu same with rotora. But ok thats your opinion, moving on.
this is really ignorant. you're an engineer, go look at my thread on rotor engineering in the advanced section. look at the facts. the FACT is that the jdm rotors are not designed with very much of anything in terms of vaning, nothing clever... this is like the overhead valve overhead cam thing... technology good *grunt grunt*. and this first response really shows how much of a blind fan boy you are.

Your kidding me right? Their suspension rivals some of the best coming out of germany and italy. Compaines like tein, JIC, Tanabe are some of the best in the world. And again I guess it would dependon what kind of driving your doing.
this is incorrect. i don't even know if i should cite why it's incorrect because i don't know if you know enough about suspension design. read the penske service manuals that djazair posted up. you will see that the jdm companies that service the enthusiast world are not making world class suspension and certainly NOT selling world class suspension to YOU if they did.

On the contrary, I dont know if you have been there, but Japan has the 2nd worlds biggest economy. Number 1 is the US by far and number 3 is China. The people there are for the most part very well off. Living conditions are a problem there, but thats not due to poverty its due to resource. Japans landmass is about the size of california and they have over 125million people. California has around 40million and its nearlyimposible to buy a house here in socal and in san francisco average 3bed 2 bath house in SD costs around 550,000. Get the picture? And most land in japan is prime property due to location.
dude... you're speaking from macroscopic gnp gdp numbers, and also for the most part real estate is the biggest EXPENSE of most people... so are you not agreeing with me then? i said by and large MOST japanese people are not the hardcore race car building guys that you see. have you ever seen the 4ag n1 competition? some of those guys are REALLY not rich... they race the 4ags and the fits for a reason. i can't even believe you're arguing with me actually.

Umm I dont know about you but most of the cars with over 300,000 mileson them are either toyotas, hondas, or nissans. Fords have problems just getting to 150,000. Same with most US motor companies like GM and Chrysler. Japanese engine designs have always been about most bang for the buck all while being conservative because last time I checked Japan has 0 oil fields. So fuel conservation and efficiency is a big deal to them. Which is why they mostly use diesel because the first diesel engine was designed to run on cooking oil. As far as tubos are concerned look up Greddy(aka trust) they have a bolt on turbo kit for the scion tc producing over 300whp for less than 3grand. All turbos are made off of either precision, innovate, or garrets design. Even turbonetics are in essence knock offs from garret. However, the japanese constantly take what we invented and make it better. I know this is a little off topic, but look at all their electronic departments such as tvs, dvd players, cameras, computers, etc etc. All of them are better. Same goes for engie components and ems systems with the exception for maybe the electromotive stuff.
what are you talking about? read more carefully, i'm talkin' about stroker kits and motor BUILDING, not motor ENGINEERING. i know that the oem facilities and engineers are just as good as anywhere else and better than most. but the people that put strokers on cars... i know that lots of times the US does it better and by better i mean they sand bag more power out of it, which in the end... is what matters. and i'm gonna qualify this before you jump all over my *** about how it's balance adn not power. SHUT UP. that dori dori crap doesn't work in the real world. in the real world... your cars SHOULD be built to its VERY END and in the end chassis balance is already at the maximum, the only thing left is horsepower. you will never see an evo demolish an alms viper. do you know what an alms viper is? it's a viper that competes in WORLD CLASS racing...

Originally Posted by value
Usual hater post. If they are so bad how do they always destroy track records. Reading your post it is obvious you have never lived in Japan.
if i was a hater... how would i know all this stuff? i'm not some blind hate monger of jdm stuff... i'm putting things into perspective for those who don't know better apparently. destroy track records? they "destroy track records". as in they beat STREET CAR records, particularly in the united states, why? cuz no one races street cars. and with that said you will never find an evo destroying an alms viper or a porsche gt3 cup. why? cuz those are REAL race cars that compete in REAL series. the evo is one too... but it's a different race, called RALLY and while exciting it is not dominant in roadrace.

Dude, Lemans is a totally different class of vehicles then what japan produces and markets. Lemans is basically a supercar series. Most actually all cars in that race are V8 and above. And therefore japanese cars arent even in its class. So please get a clue buddy. Thats like me comparing the jgtc cars to the pro fwd ion with Lisa Kubo. I mean it doesnt make sense bud.
this is good that you recognize. and btw... how is it different? cuz the cars make more hp? oh yeah... hp matters, so it's not about chassis tuning is it... it's about... horsepower... oh. my. horsepower matters don't it. and that's the thing isn't it? when it comes to ultimate potential you'd never be able to shove enough engine into an evo. that's fact. and btw lemans is not that far off from something like the time evo in terms of modification, the difference is ultimate chassis ability. jgtc wants to be lemans but since they don't have higher hp cars they tailor their series to match what they have.

HAHAHA you must be a nascar fan huh? I knew some kid would say the jgtc cars are using penske suspension. I suppose they are using ford and dodge engines too huh? They arent using penskies. Please show me a link to where it says the takata NSX is using a penske suspension which isnt even designed for jgtc racing its designed for strictly nascars.
they don't have nascar in other areas of the world where penske also markets their suspensions.

Umm no I didnt forget any of those engines. And I said japan banned these engines I never said they were ever made. However, the toyota F-series engines you are talking about were ONLY made from 1948-92 and cancelled production. The GZ series is a very rare and specialty engine. And the V8 engines you are talking about with nissan like I said before but you arent listening those engines are strictly produced for the US in the US. Those engines are actually made in the US. Also another interesting fact you may not know is that most domestic engines are made and assembled in japan. For instance, alot of the Ford engines were actually mazda engines. Its funny when people think they are buying an american car when infact they are buying a japanese car. HAHA
see i don't even understand why you want to say stuff like this. it's made in japan... so?
Old May 16, 2006, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
I'd say your arguement holds about as much water as a pair of assless chaps.

Oops. Game. Set. Match. Asshat.
Originally Posted by nils
lol.. this is funny.
PUAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man... i think if gvr4 didn't say this, a dumb thread like this woulda ruined my day.
Old May 16, 2006, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=trinydex]this is really ignorant. you're an engineer, go look at my thread on rotor engineering in the advanced section. look at the facts. the FACT is that the jdm rotors are not designed with very much of anything in terms of vaning, nothing clever... this is like the overhead valve overhead cam thing... technology good *grunt grunt*. and this first response really shows how much of a blind fan boy you are.

this is incorrect. i don't even know if i should cite why it's incorrect because i don't know if you know enough about suspension design. read the penske service manuals that djazair posted up. you will see that the jdm companies that service the enthusiast world are not making world class suspension and certainly NOT selling world class suspension to YOU if they did.

dude... you're speaking from macroscopic gnp gdp numbers, and also for the most part real estate is the biggest EXPENSE of most people... so are you not agreeing with me then? i said by and large MOST japanese people are not the hardcore race car building guys that you see. have you ever seen the 4ag n1 competition? some of those guys are REALLY not rich... they race the 4ags and the fits for a reason. i can't even believe you're arguing with me actually.

FYI,

In japan you are taxed alot if you have an older car....therefore it is cheaper for them to get rid of them....and use it for spare parts etc......that is why it is cheaper for them to sup up their cars....also most youngsters in japan are into tuning and etc....its not like some 50 year old grand pa is going to sup up his car.... most common japanese person drives a new car every two years or just ride bus, train etc....
Old May 16, 2006, 11:07 AM

I also had a chance to ride with Tarzan and talk to the mechanics. They use the Yokohama ADVAN A048, relatively stock breaks, and a surprising suspension setup. The car was very detuned for the Sim Races. The car was only running 1.5BAR and he wasn't reving past 6000RPM. I will post some pictures later.
Old May 16, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EEvo
i envy you

+1

Quick Reply: My Ride With Tarzan Yamada in the Cyber Evo