Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Ride With Tarzan Yamada in the Cyber Evo

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2006, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KevinD
ohhhh so now we are changing things. man, you flip flop your opinion faster then john kerry or george w bush! so it goes from "penske only makes nascar suspension" to "penske does 95% NASCAR" and now it is "penske does american racing.... and because IRL and NASCAR are both american sports, they are technically the same thing..."

right... and i will give you the prividge of posting the history, because i have already read it, and i know it includes only a fraction NASCAR related history. they clearly take more pride in the IRL, which according to you is the same thing as NASCAR, only with different cars. thats ok, japanese cars are the same thing as korean cars, just with different badges right? cause thats the logic you seem to be using...

and i soppose from your logic, because drag racing is an "american sport" that means NASCAR, IRL, NOPI, and NHRA are all the same. so by that logic, evos pretty much suck, because the fastest evo is a 9 sec quarter mile car. well ****, my pal bob norwood here has a 4000 hp integra... and beleive me, it is faster then your **** box ariel atom with a honda motor. (oh and bobs integra doesn't use a japanese motor. he makes his own). and because we are comparing apples to watermelons, it is a good comparision.
How am I changing things? God you are so rediculous! Talk about Kerry you are starting to go into Gore mode.

However, like I said before and I will say it again. This discussion is about what I said earlier and ONLY that. If you want to discuss what tyrindex said then talk to him cause he was the one who brought all that up not me. I have just been correcting him as we go along.

What I am simply saying is overall performance wise for hp/liter, # for #, dollar for dollar japanese cars are just better. Please tell me you understand that.
For some apparent reason I dont see where I mentioned the viper, penkse, renault f1, etc etc etc. I made a simple comment and you both start bringing all that out of your a$$es. You both should become members of the democratic party because i am sure Hillary will love to have you on board.
Old May 18, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
man, why you so dumb? i pointed out your original statement... you already conceded that it was poorly worded in one of your coverups.

reading pwns you too cuz i never brought up penske, but you did bring up something stupid about how tein and such suspension companies are "world class" when they don't even use tein on your precious jgtc nsx (you totally ignored the facts that other member posted up).

what was that? brakes? yeah glad that nsx uses alcon ap brakes too... what did you say about japanese brakes being so great? glad you ignore that one too.

japanese cars are tuned for perfection... so are american cars... you just choose not to see it. you're probably one of those people that doesn't realise that vettes compete in autocross and are the cars to beat there and at roadrace competitions... why do you think people wanna build a vette and viper killers in the first place? it's really not cuz they're slow...

seirously... your existence must be a chore...
Likewise, I never said the jgtc nsx uses tein. There you go again putting words in my mouth. I dare you to find where I said those exact words. I know what I said but for some reason you have a hard problem learning how to comprehend what you read. I said tein, JIC, etc etc are some of the best suspensions in the market which they are for their particular specialty.

And there you go again assuming. You prolly dont know that a Ford won Lemans either. See how assuming is very wrong? I hope you fix your problem here.

Last edited by SKILMATIC; May 18, 2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old May 18, 2006, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Last edited by SKILMATIC; May 18, 2006 at 06:50 PM.
Old May 18, 2006, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
I said tein, JIC, etc etc are some of the best suspensions in the market which they are for their particular specialty.
What specialty? Please explain.
Old May 18, 2006, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

this is really ignorant. you're an engineer, go look at my thread on rotor engineering in the advanced section. look at the facts. the FACT is that the jdm rotors are not designed with very much of anything in terms of vaning, nothing clever... this is like the overhead valve overhead cam thing... technology good *grunt grunt*. and this first response really shows how much of a blind fan boy you are.

this is incorrect. i don't even know if i should cite why it's incorrect because i don't know if you know enough about suspension design. read the penske service manuals that djazair posted up. you will see that the jdm companies that service the enthusiast world are not making world class suspension and certainly NOT selling world class suspension to YOU if they did.

dude... you're speaking from macroscopic gnp gdp numbers, and also for the most part real estate is the biggest EXPENSE of most people... so are you not agreeing with me then? i said by and large MOST japanese people are not the hardcore race car building guys that you see. have you ever seen the 4ag n1 competition? some of those guys are REALLY not rich... they race the 4ags and the fits for a reason. i can't even believe you're arguing with me actually.

what are you talking about? read more carefully, i'm talkin' about stroker kits and motor BUILDING, not motor ENGINEERING. i know that the oem facilities and engineers are just as good as anywhere else and better than most. but the people that put strokers on cars... i know that lots of times the US does it better and by better i mean they sand bag more power out of it, which in the end... is what matters. and i'm gonna qualify this before you jump all over my *** about how it's balance adn not power. SHUT UP. that dori dori crap doesn't work in the real world. in the real world... your cars SHOULD be built to its VERY END and in the end chassis balance is already at the maximum, the only thing left is horsepower. you will never see an evo demolish an alms viper. do you know what an alms viper is? it's a viper that competes in WORLD CLASS racing...

if i was a hater... how would i know all this stuff? i'm not some blind hate monger of jdm stuff... i'm putting things into perspective for those who don't know better apparently. destroy track records? they "destroy track records". as in they beat STREET CAR records, particularly in the united states, why? cuz no one races street cars. and with that said you will never find an evo destroying an alms viper or a porsche gt3 cup. why? cuz those are REAL race cars that compete in REAL series. the evo is one too... but it's a different race, called RALLY and while exciting it is not dominant in roadrace.

this is good that you recognize. and btw... how is it different? cuz the cars make more hp? oh yeah... hp matters, so it's not about chassis tuning is it... it's about... horsepower... oh. my. horsepower matters don't it. and that's the thing isn't it? when it comes to ultimate potential you'd never be able to shove enough engine into an evo. that's fact. and btw lemans is not that far off from something like the time evo in terms of modification, the difference is ultimate chassis ability. jgtc wants to be lemans but since they don't have higher hp cars they tailor their series to match what they have.

they don't have nascar in other areas of the world where penske also markets their suspensions.

see i don't even understand why you want to say stuff like this. it's made in japan... so?
I guess
reading pwns you too cuz i never brought up penske
But there you are bringing it up again. 2 people before you brought it up and after I told them that had nothing to do with what I said and they were wrong you chime in too for a beating.

Hmm maybe this is a misunderstanding? Hmm all I said was 1 comment and everyone brings up all this stuff which doesnt even pertain to my comment.
Old May 18, 2006, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
spelling pwns you......
actually, I think spelling owns you !
Old May 18, 2006, 08:04 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that was a joke