Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Made a mistake buying a pair of jdm headlights

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2006, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Made a mistake buying a pair of jdm headlights

Hi, Well this is the story, my driver side headlight was broken from an accident during a grip run, and since my car inspection date is due this month, I decided to upgrade the look with the JDM MR headlights without expecting to face any issues. So I went along and ordered it since most dealers said it is a plug and play for evo 8-9. Now I found out that people are running into problems installing the jdm headlights into non HID evo's. So far it seems like there is no solutions for installing it beside ordering the HID harness from the dealership which cost big bucks. Is there any other solution to installing it, like aftermarket HID adapter that will convert a 9006 bulbs wiring harness into d2s?
Old May 17, 2006, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Well....you didn't search before you bought? All I know is HID is a totally different voltage/amperage than normal lights....and they work in a VERY different way than a glowing fillament. I doubt there would be adapters, but then again I have no Evo. For the price, there is a shop that can rewire for you.
Old May 17, 2006, 11:46 PM

hey man, don't worry you're in luck, i installed some oem hid's onto my 06 gsr non-hid, there is a way, but it requires you to cut the wires and rewire the system, the only thing is that if you have no experience with wiring, i'd let someone else do it. IF you want to know how to do it, pm me your email addy, i'll give you a break down.
Old May 18, 2006, 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

Just build yourself a wiring harness and get an OEM HID system off www.hidplanet.com and you're set.