Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

4g63 moment

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2006, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After watching Jackie chans "who am I" I was like wtf What kinda car is that. Then endless Rally races on tv got me hooked. After that I waited for mitsu to bring it into the states. Im on my 2nd evo.
Old May 19, 2006, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For me, it was when I was a graduating senior in HS ('93), and I was looking for a car to buy with graduation money as a down payment. I was looking for cars in the 8-10k range, and because of that, I ran across this little red thing called Plymouth Laser that I had never heard of. It was an automatic FWD RS-T, and the moment I hit the gas the first time, I got torque steer and almost **** my pants. From that day forward, I was hooked on DSMs. I wasn't able to get one right then, but instead I got a 1yr old Cavalier. In 2 years, I paid that off, sold it, and used the cash as a down payment on a Champagne-colored '90 TSi AWD, and the rest was history.

All of us DSMr's idolized the Evo and STi, so when those were finally released here, it was a no-brainer.
Old May 19, 2006, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw Tommi drving EVO 5 WRC on Best Motoring,the i love EVO started from that time(99)!!
Old May 19, 2006, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Delete!!

Last edited by Ang Wen Yan; May 19, 2006 at 10:09 PM.
Old May 19, 2006, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ang Wen Yan
I saw Tommi drving EVO 5 WRC on Best Motoring,the i love EVO started from that time(99)!!
Weren't you 5 years old in 99?
Old May 20, 2006, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by byron3636
what specific moment, if any, did you know just have to get your eclipse or evo? what made you buy one?

For me, I was at a light on a 3 highway in 1993... passenger in my friends wagon. Next to us was a gsx and camaro z28. The camaro and gax went at it and the gsx pissed on it. From then on I was hooked
First time I had sex in a car was in a rented Eclipse on a trip to Florida..... for some reason that car stuck in my mind

Keith
Old May 20, 2006, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

I loved the Lancer Evolution since I was a little kid playing Gran Turismo lol. Then I got the speed channel and watched saturday and sunday rallying late night coverage and watched the evo own all back in the day. Then in 02' the Lancer ES/LS/OZ came out. I was somewhat excited and somewhat disappointed. In 03' I decided to buy a Lancer OZ Rally in Thunder Gray metallic. I sat in show rooms drooling over the fact that I was sittin in a Lancer Evolution though lol. But I couldn't afford one since I was only 17. After getting the Lancer OZ....it was totaled unfortunately. Then I bought a used 99' DSM which is the closest I can get to having the motor of an evo instead of the looks (lancer oz). Had my ups and downs with this dsm and repairs but it only teaches me more as I take Auto Mechanics in school. Did the head gasket, getting a rebuilt IPT performance trans, already bought and installed a 3 inch RnR turboback (test pipe), Hallman MBC, and K&N intake. Warrtalon is right about DSM owners admiring the evos because it is similar to what we have, just newer, revised, better, and faster. Plus its a grocery getter lol. Now you know my whole story with the evo, dsm, and me. Diehard fan of the 4G63
Old May 20, 2006, 04:59 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I bought my car, in 2003 (an Evo) sight unseen, never test driven, never even knew what exactly the car was.. I just knew it was this legendary supercar and it was the first time it was ever seen in the USA.. I also got the first car delivered in the Northeast..
Old May 20, 2006, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I started in the rally section and was hooked on Subaru until I read what the evolution was capable of performing. Then I knew about the evo and sti that were out in America. I then researched for almost 2 years on both of these cars trying to decide which one to get. Finally I saw the evo vs. lambo video and I saw what AMS and Buschur were doing with their 03 evolutions. I went to the dealership and came back with an 05 evo. That was the greatest day of my life!
Old May 20, 2006, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

I have grown up around them, my dad had a 9 second talon and is now into supra's so he sold the talon and when I turned 15 I bought a GSX I am now 16 and my GSX just got stolen not to long ago, But I am going to be maybe picking up a 06 GG 9 or a 06 RS, But I have been surrounded by DSM's and supra's my whole life, and that's what I love.
Old May 20, 2006, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Actually it all started with Initial D and the whole I wanna know how to drift thing. Then I was introduce to GT2 (official Gran Turismo 2) I was drifting around the corners with the EVO V day in day out. Yes on a stupid freakin video game. Then later I got a copy of Initial D 2nd stage. Eventhough the Emperor of the Evolution team lost the battles still I thought it would be the coolest car to drive/own not that underpower Hachiroku. But sadly I was going towards the Hachiroku side when I found out that Mitsubishi would never bring the EVOLUTION to the U.S. Later on I found out that Subaru was coming out with the Impreza WRX version into the U.S. Heck I was happy, that is the closest thing to the EVOLUTION; Sadly not. That year I worked hard starting my first job after graduating from high school working at Wendy's saving every penny I earned for that Impreza. A few month later mitsubishi officially anounced that the EVOLUTION would make it way across the border. I was jumping up with joys. That's when I knew that I really have to save up every penny I earned. I was going crazy dreaming about driving one eventhough I don't know how to drive a stick. At work I would daydream about going into the dealer and pick myself up an EVOLUTION then drive it to get a car wash at my friends work place just to supprise the living **** out of them. Eventhough they had no idea what the EVOLUTION was. Summer season of 2004 all my dream finally came true. Instead of getting a black or silver evo, I had no choice but to get a yellow one. Because it was reasonably low price enought. I couldn't give a damn what color it was as long as it's an EVOLUTION. Then finally the big show down at an emptied wet parking lot just after the rain had fallen. I was out there proving to my ignorance cusin that you don't have to drive an FR car to drift. First time ever in my life, I was out to prove something that I'm not even sure of doing. But I managed to scared the living **** out of him. I was drifting so close to the light polls that almost made him **** his pants and me ****ting my pants to know the fact that the car that I was driving was capable of drifting beautifully. It was so easy that I had to do it a few more time before the security show up, but they didn't. So I went to a near by parking lots and did it all over again. I just have to show off my ride

Last edited by evolucion; May 20, 2006 at 07:30 AM.
Old May 20, 2006, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

I'd have to say my first expierence with Evo's was in GT2 and even more so in GT3. I was stationed in England for 3 years and fell in love with the TM Evo 6.5. The local dealer in Cambridge had a used one for sale but I couldn't afford it at $42900 after the exchange rate.
I swore to all my buddies that if they ever released the Evo in the states I would most certainly buy one...and they laughed at me saying it would never happen! Guess I showed them!