Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Evo for me?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we have a gg mr for sale 06
Old May 22, 2006, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
also someone suggested you look at an MR. You clearly havent driven an MR; the bilsteins have roughly 30% less damping force and the ride is far from harsh.
Old May 22, 2006, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Dude if i saw an Evo with Conti's i would laugh at it.... thats like wearing gym sock with a suit....disgusting!!!
Old May 22, 2006, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Aux.
Dude if i saw an Evo with Conti's i would laugh at it.... thats like wearing gym sock with a suit....disgusting!!!
That's really helpful info to know. Thanks.
Old May 22, 2006, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by dexmix
also someone suggested you look at an MR. You clearly havent driven an MR; the bilsteins have roughly 30% less damping force and the ride is far from harsh.
No, I haven't.
Local Mits dealers don't have any in stock, nothing, nadda, zip, no Evo, RS, or MR.
There is one dealer that has an MR in dark gray and it's been sitting on the showroom floor for at least 6 months, but they won't let it out.

I'd like to test drive one. I'm not a fan of the MR wheels, color or style.
Old May 22, 2006, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

well if your not going to be modding heavily , and arent a power freak. either model would be good for you. i would think you would get a good deal on a leftover 05 evo 8 but check around also everyone has there own likes and dislikes of the 8 and the 9, its preference.
Old May 22, 2006, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GR-VIII
I'd like to test drive one. I'm not a fan of the MR wheels, color or style.
yeah i hear that. I like em, but i definately see why lots of people don't.
Old May 23, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

I have an 03 Evo and replaced the Advans at 10K with Pirelli P-Zero Neros. I noticed an immediate improvement in road noise and ride comfort. Steering quickness diminished slightly, as did overall handling. But it wasn't a huge step backward. The first set lasted 25k miles and I'm on my second set now. I think the Pirellis offer the best compromise (as all tires do) between running the car year-round in all types of weather and still providing a very high level of performance. The Yokoham Advans are incredible tires, but they do it with the tradeoffs of noise, stiffness of ride, and wear.

I've spent some time driving an 05 MR and can confirm that the Bilstein shocks smooth out the ride even more. My first reaction to the suspension setup was "very BMW-like". It reminded me of E36 and E46 M3s that I have driven.

Lee K
Old May 23, 2006, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lee_K
I have an 03 Evo and replaced the Advans at 10K with Pirelli P-Zero Neros. I noticed an immediate improvement in road noise and ride comfort. Steering quickness diminished slightly, as did overall handling. But it wasn't a huge step backward. The first set lasted 25k miles and I'm on my second set now. I think the Pirellis offer the best compromise (as all tires do) between running the car year-round in all types of weather and still providing a very high level of performance. The Yokoham Advans are incredible tires, but they do it with the tradeoffs of noise, stiffness of ride, and wear.

I've spent some time driving an 05 MR and can confirm that the Bilstein shocks smooth out the ride even more. My first reaction to the suspension setup was "very BMW-like". It reminded me of E36 and E46 M3s that I have driven.

Lee K
Nice. Thanks for the info.