Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

AC fan wiring how to?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2006, 06:12 AM
MrB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC fan wiring how to?

I have an 03 evo non running parts car. I also have an eagle summit with a 4g63. I want to use the cooling fan from the evo to use on my summit. I am talking about the AC I am pretty sure. Since all fans are missing besides one, I assume it is the ac fan. It is the fan on the passenger side pushing air.

It has 2 plug connections, both of which fit my 92 dsm harness plug, but will not power up the fan. One plug has 2 wires, the other has a single wire.

How should wire this fan up to work?

My current set up on the eagle basically sends power to the fans I have now when the ignition is on. The fans run constant. I have a small radiator, so it actually works nicely. Only problem is that they can't keep up with the 180deg thermostat I have(temp stays at 190-195).

too bad most parts on an evo aren't direct bolt-ons to dsms
Old May 20, 2006, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MrB
I have an 03 evo non running parts car. I also have an eagle summit with a 4g63. I want to use the cooling fan from the evo to use on my summit. I am talking about the AC I am pretty sure. Since all fans are missing besides one, I assume it is the ac fan. It is the fan on the passenger side pushing air.

It has 2 plug connections, both of which fit my 92 dsm harness plug, but will not power up the fan. One plug has 2 wires, the other has a single wire.

How should wire this fan up to work?

My current set up on the eagle basically sends power to the fans I have now when the ignition is on. The fans run constant. I have a small radiator, so it actually works nicely. Only problem is that they can't keep up with the 180deg thermostat I have(temp stays at 190-195).

too bad most parts on an evo aren't direct bolt-ons to dsms
Sorry I have no useful info to share, but sounds like a cool project!
Old May 23, 2006, 04:24 PM
MrB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got it to work. All it took, was a little effort. Cut blue and black wire....solder to one plug...plug it in....duh. Too bad it doesn't seem to pull that much air.

summit with 4g63=daily driver go cart