Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 9 Tribute.

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with most post about how the IX is the last true Evo and what not... I would also love to see a Evo tribute video!
Old May 22, 2006, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

man...that video clip made meeh throw up...srt-4? wth is that? (an over dressed dodge neon?) evos all the way. they shouldnt make a srt tribute video about a srt "beating" all these other cars...looks stupid. if we're gonna make one i say we only have evos. have it show how it performed on the track, drag strip and different feature of why an evo is a well rounded sports car.
Old May 22, 2006, 10:27 AM
Account Disabled

Yeah, I agree with the track performance, etc. I also think there should be a catchy introduction. Like there should be white letters that come up on a black background. And it says something like. `` It has evolved nine times. `` Then another set comes up. `` Darwin would have been pleased. `` Then show the car speeding down a track in a quick flash. Like a lower number evo, if we can find a vid of it. Like 1 - 3. Then a 4, a 5, a 6, etc. In different segments, this is just an idea, btw.
Old May 22, 2006, 10:59 AM
Account Disabled

Come on, I need some input.
Old May 22, 2006, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

My cousin is an Editor/Production Masters student at the Academy of Art Univerisity here in San Francisco. He has asked me bout going some commercials with my car for his projects in school. Maybe I can run this idea by him.
Old May 22, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

I think we should ditch the streetracing ban rule for a week, post up all of our videos of beating nsx's, vipers, sti's, and whatever else, track videos, playing in the dirt and snow vids, and have ourselves a bad *** tribute
Old May 22, 2006, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

i dont know why some people hate on srt4's... there a quick car.... stronger than the evo up top too!! the only thing holding them back is traction!! its a dodge...yea who cares... we have a freaking mitsubishi... cheap as hell interior and everything!! when my ix was stock i lost to alot of srt4's with intake, exhaust, and wastegate!! so they are not slow!!
Old May 22, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Man, me and a friend just spent saturday and sunday all day working on our friend's srt-4 installing some 50 trim turbo kit. It was the biggest pain in the *** I've ever had to do (and I've dones swaps, rebuild engines, etc). It seems like the people who designed the srt-4 and the people who made parts for the srt-4 did'nt even put an ounce of consideration for the people that had to work on them. IMO, it's a b1tch and a half to work on and I would never touch one ever again. I'm glad they're going out of production. For what it's worth, they're quick cars and fast for the price.

On Topic, I have a bunch of Evo footage on my computer (other people's cars) I can send you if you need? Some are pretty good, some are kinda lame.

Last edited by PANGES; May 22, 2006 at 12:06 PM.
Old May 22, 2006, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Old May 22, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Please if you make a video, include factual and useful info. Showing videos of modified cars blowing away relatively stock vehicles from a roll is a pointless exercise.
Old May 22, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Please if you make a video, include factual and useful info. Showing videos of modified cars blowing away relatively stock vehicles from a roll is a pointless exercise.
+1

doo it!! make a tribute video too the EVO.but make sure its a good one!! not no Sorry **** video make it with all the evo's till today!! and more!! aiight good luck and ill be waiting for the video!!
Old May 22, 2006, 12:33 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BigEd925
My cousin is an Editor/Production Masters student at the Academy of Art Univerisity here in San Francisco. He has asked me bout going some commercials with my car for his projects in school. Maybe I can run this idea by him.
Yes, sounds good. Try it. And also, I've beaten EVERY SRT-4 I've ever raced from a dig at the track. A black one with Stage 1, WGA, Intake, and TBE. But he can take me from a roll, or COULD of, I should say. Now that I have my TBE I don't think he could, I pull a lot harder from a roll then I did. Then my other friend has a Blue SRT-4 with just Stage 1 and I hand him his *** from a roll and a dig all day long. Now I just walk off on him from a roll(his supposed strong point). But anyway, lets get this video underway.
Old May 22, 2006, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chrisalishuss
I think we should ditch the streetracing ban rule for a week, post up all of our videos of beating nsx's, vipers, sti's, and whatever else, track videos, playing in the dirt and snow vids, and have ourselves a bad *** tribute

+1,000,000 Okay u get the point....
Old May 22, 2006, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

hahahah that srt-4 pulls like 5 car lenghts on that evo.

i just make a turbo lancer tribute where i pull on a mopar stage 1 srt-4, over and over and over and over and over
Old May 22, 2006, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with ultraist; i just don't think that the X is gonna be as pure of a driving experience as the VIII and IX are. I think that if you want the amenities of a porshe, buy a porshe. I just think that the evo X won't be a rally inspired beast and i'm disappointed that it is going in a very different direction. Anyways, to a tribute video, i would love to see one honoring the VIII and IX!

Quick Reply: Evo 9 Tribute.