Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Are Evo drivers still friendly to each other?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 11:04 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
we both waved at each other when I picked up my car, a black Sti in houston, TX
Old May 22, 2006, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This reminds me of a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode...

Old May 22, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

I see a **** load of evo's on a daily basis being that I live in socal. Every evo I see I give a thumb's up, and I usually get one in return about 98% of the time. So I think evo owner's are still very friendly to each other. Maybe it's because we drive such unique cars, most people in this price bracket would rather buy a car that's a little more luxurious like a 350Z, G35 Coupe, IS350, BMW 330i, etc, etc.
Old May 22, 2006, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i almost always throw up the peace or the tumbs up, and generally they are doing the same thing, but I notice there are a couple IX MR's in the area that wont even look over... whatever, they are just pansies. I get thumbs up from a bunch of cars, even a ford gt threw up a thumb at the gas station when I was picking up a little 101 after he was done
Old May 23, 2006, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

I've owned a number of cult cars in the past twenty years (83 Rabbit GTI, 92 SHO, 98 SVT Contour) and the Evo community is pretty much the same. There is almost always a wave and a return between owners. In the Evo, a wave usually comes from STi drivers too. I consider it an expression of mutual respect.

Now if you want to see enthusiasm, drive a Honda Element (my other car) around for a while. Talk about big grins and thumbs up from other Element owners! They seem to be more fanatical about their cars than any I've ever seen, and it has nothing to do with performance.

Last edited by Lee_K; May 23, 2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old May 23, 2006, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

I always wave or give a quick shot of the brights if they are going the other direction, even to STI's who always wave/bright back. Occasionaly I'm going too fast to notice them until I'm already past though, and then I see them in my mirrors and feel bad, so sorry to anyone I've missed!

I love pulling up to other niche performance cars and seeing if they have any clue what I am though. Showed a guy in a Mercedes S55 AMG this morning the business end of my car after he wouldn't even acknowledge my presence at the light, and then tried to bolt past me. I always wonder if guys like that go home and try and figure out what exactly I was driving. I hope they cry a little bit when they realize they got rolled by a quarter of their price.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

I always give some love. I usually get some in return. Not from STIs out here though. My yuppie town is filled with them and they are all driven by 18 year olds. Maybe they don't know I have an Evo since it is an RS. Oh well. GG never give me love. I don't know what their problem is. They don't even look over at me. Maybe since GG is a very common neutral color, there are less enthusiasts who choose that color. I have never, but sometimes I am tempted to rev my engine at evos. Not because I want to race, but b/c I want to see your evo fly. Plus it doesn't get much better then a few evos tearing it up together. See you on the roads, and give a wave if you do.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Ya I try to beep or wave when I see them.. but Im sure there are some not so friendly people
Old May 23, 2006, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

I try to smack down evo's when i see them Think of it that we're not equal and I want to be on top of the food chain.

btw i dont' own an zo6 just you average 280's cammed evo
Old May 23, 2006, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

I havent seen any evos in my area since getting it last October, I know they are out there though ..... but I agree there are just mean people out there that could care less to be nice, next time give'm the finger instead of the wave. That always grabs someones attention!
Old May 23, 2006, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

I am a new evo owner but I mainly see other evos when I am in my company vehicle. However, I will always give a thumbs up to a Evo or STI......... Still looking to meet other Evo owners in MD. I know there are plenty so hopefully some evo meets will materialize soon.
Old May 23, 2006, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

I think most people with evos are cool, at least here.
Old May 23, 2006, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kinetic
I always wave or give a quick shot of the brights if they are going the other direction, even to STI's who always wave/bright back. Occasionaly I'm going too fast to notice them until I'm already past though, and then I see them in my mirrors and feel bad, so sorry to anyone I've missed!

I love pulling up to other niche performance cars and seeing if they have any clue what I am though. Showed a guy in a Mercedes S55 AMG this morning the business end of my car after he wouldn't even acknowledge my presence at the light, and then tried to bolt past me. I always wonder if guys like that go home and try and figure out what exactly I was driving. I hope they cry a little bit when they realize they got rolled by a quarter of their price.

I destroyed a S55 AMG sedan on a road course as well.... just because their car has an AMG emblem on it gives them a right to be snotty
Old May 23, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.zo6
I try to smack down evo's when i see them Think of it that we're not equal and I want to be on top of the food chain.

btw i dont' own an zo6 just you average 280's cammed evo

I usually dont try to run my EVO bethren, but I have a thing against VW, 350Z/G35, Maxima, and STi owners....
Old May 23, 2006, 06:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I've only really ever had two experiences that someone's looked at me like I just got caught screwing their dog when I've waved to them in traffic. Both of the cars were MR's, both with temp plates and oddly enough both in Naperville, Il.

For the most part I get waves from the suby crew, some of the srt guys and most evo people.

Quick Reply: Are Evo drivers still friendly to each other?