Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Are Evo drivers still friendly to each other?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are Evo drivers still friendly to each other?

I saw another Evo in traffic this morning in Chicago. We were both the second cars in line at the light. Instead of pulling even with me he stopped short. The light turned green and he never got in position where I could give him a wave. It's not like I wanted to discuss mods with him during the morning drive. I am used to giving and getting a wave or a nod or a flash of the brights, even when we are doing 80 in opposite directions on the freeway. This guy had an MR and I have my 3 year-old VIII. Maybe he was a noob and not used to saying hey. Maybe he was uppity and didn't want to acknowledge a "regular" Evo...

Are you finding other Evo drivers to be as friendly as when Evos first came out?
Old May 22, 2006, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

I have recently gotten into the Evo scene last year and Evo drivers are very friendly. I always get a wave no matter what. Now just realize that some people are just naturally not friendly and you might have come across one of those people. For the most part, Evo's are a small community that look out for each other and I am glad to be part of it.
Old May 22, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

usually i give them the wave or thumbs up, there are some weirdos with say any evo that will just drive off not achknowledgeing you or even try to race you.
Old May 22, 2006, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Usually EVO owners are really cool with me. I always give them a wave and they give it back to me. I saw one just yesterday though, a EVO IX MR, was trying to give him the wave, but it seemed like he wanted to race me, I'm like um ok, so much for brotherly love. Although most EVO owners I see are really cool, by the way saw two EVO VIIIs (black and red) and one EVO IX MR (graphite grey) yesterday to one STI (white and just fugly). Sorry this is from a previous debate I had on another thread about the number of EVOs vs. STi/STIs in So Cal.
Old May 22, 2006, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Just because most of us drive the same car doesn't mean we are the same. I've only talked to a small few of EVO owners, most of the time we are not on the same page.

Last edited by Torre from Va.; May 22, 2006 at 08:23 AM.
Old May 22, 2006, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where in Chicago are you?
I never once got a wave back from any evo owner. I will have my eyes open for a yellow one though.
Old May 22, 2006, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since I'm new to the EVO community, I've noticed most other EVO drivers will wave, flash or thumbs up, when pull up, go by or stop. I've also come from a 92' LT1, where every other Vette driver waves, so this seems natural to me.
I would guess the guy in the MR was tired of everyone trying to race him, maybe he thought you were going to rev. at him and held back, who knows.
The guys in the WRX, not STI's, are the onces that acked insecure.
Old May 22, 2006, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, I'm surprised I'm seeing more & more negative responses Believe it or not, every single Evo owner ( hell even STi owners ) have waved when I've drove by. They happen to be really nice out here. I don't know, maybe it's just my luck. That's one thing I also love about owning this car.
Old May 22, 2006, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

The way I see it, if your a D*ck, you will always be a D*ck. It doesn't matter what car you drive. And I notice that some IX owners look down of VIII owners. WTF?
Old May 22, 2006, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

The very first time I saw an EVO it pulled up next to me and just wanted to race. Too bad we were in the middle of traffic. He just revved really hard and slammed on breaks. Pretty retarded. However, ever since then Ive always gotten a wave from every EVO Ive come across.
Old May 22, 2006, 08:50 AM

I'm somewhat new to the whole evo community, and i just got my first wave about a week ago. I get wavies all the time when im on my motorcycle from other riders, but never from others driving.....but may I say, it was a good feeling getting props for driving an evo.
Old May 22, 2006, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

I've had my evo for almost 3 years and I always get a sign from someone else driving an evo anywhere in the country. I'm sure you can still find people that drive an evo and don't care about anyone else!
Old May 22, 2006, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

There is one guy in my area that just looks the other way when I drive past him.
I guess he wishes he had the only evo in the entire world. LOL

Other than that *** hole, most evos I see the drivers are usually friendly.

Some times when I park at a mall or restaurant, I will come out to find another evo
parked next to me, or a couple people standing around admiring it. At first this kinda
freaked me out thinking they wanted to steal my radio or something so I got an alarm
and I am getting use to it
Old May 22, 2006, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

I guess it just really depends on the other owners... 8 times outs 10 ive gotten some sort of acknowledgement.... heck even stis, maybe its because I live in the ghetto and its hella rare when u see another Evo/Sti LOL
Old May 22, 2006, 09:22 AM

I hadn't seen any other Evo's in my city, and within 24 hours of owning one - I stop at a light and a black evo pulled up 2 lanes away from me. He waved and I felt welcomed into the family.

Granted that was 3 weeks ago and it was the first and last Evo I've seen on the street.

Quick Reply: Are Evo drivers still friendly to each other?