Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Has anyone ever taken their Evo into Mexico?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mathgeek
Wow. So did you have it shipped to Columbia or did you drive all the way through Mexico and Central America to get there? If you drove all the way, would you do it again? I'm interested in how it all turned out...
drove it... down through mexico though central america... let me tell you though, that panama canal was a hoot...

yeah the druglords in colombia were pretty eager to meet me... brought back about 100 kilos of some of thier "golden sugar"...

so believe me guys, mexico is for small timers... dont worry
Old May 22, 2006, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So for all the people travelling to Mexico in their EVO's cant you hypothetically pack a 9mm Handgun or something in your car in case you run into trouble in Mexico???

I mean as lawless as the place is, If I had to, I'd take my chances and pack some heat with me.... I dont know if they strip search you down to your underwear before you cross the border, but I'm sure you can hide a gun with a few clips of ammo somehwhere on your car....

I mean for crying out loud a family member of mine doesnt own a gun, but carries a hand-held 9V battery powered stun gun with him in his car at all times. I've handled the stun gun before and it makes cool crackling sounds once you activate the switch....I dont know how many volts/watts it puts out but I was told that it packs enough electricity to knock someone off their feet....
Old May 22, 2006, 09:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anymore hostility/name calling will be dealt with harshly.

On topic, take the word of someone who is Govt paid... right now, the General Public has no clue what's really going on at, and around the Border right now (I get "non-public" bulletins daily it seems). I'd highly suggest people stay away from that area at this time... or at least be careful, and for damn sure don't stick out!

I love Mexico personally. I don't really care for the Border towns, but the Interior is nice. Not to mention I enjoy the fishing in Cozumel, and could get used to the tourist life around Cancun.

Last edited by Zeus; May 22, 2006 at 10:00 PM.
Old May 22, 2006, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Everyone here seems to be advising you not to do it. That should tell you something. Do what you want, but if something happens dont whine and come on here to write about it. You will only get flamed for that, and rightfully so if you went against everyone's advice. Ultimately it is your decision and it is your car.
Old May 22, 2006, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vegasboy301
drove it... down through mexico though central america... let me tell you though, that panama canal was a hoot...

yeah the druglords in colombia were pretty eager to meet me... brought back about 100 kilos of some of thier "golden sugar"...

so believe me guys, mexico is for small timers... dont worry
Got pics of this grand trip? I would like to see them. If ya aint got pics ya aint got nuttin.
Old May 22, 2006, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Saikou_kun
-Premium gas in Mexico ??? LOL You don't need water injection in Mexico, it comes with its own already mixed in
LOL, thats funny!
Old May 23, 2006, 01:19 AM

wow i never thought of mexico that way, i guess im just used to hearing about cancun instead and all the good things haha
Old May 23, 2006, 01:46 AM
Evolved Member

I would never take my car into mexico. When i do visit there, we usually take a friends POS.
Old May 23, 2006, 02:37 AM
Evolved Member

lets buy a enzo and park it in TJ...... mexico + evo = a no go. everyone of my mexican buddys will tell you the same. best bet is to rend a rio or something