Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got my MR yesterday :)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my MR yesterday :)

First, many thanks to Mark M. of South Coast for making this deal happen. He is super to deal with. Finally got my IX MR (Wicked White) yesterday, and have put the first hundred miles of smiles on it. I am extremely glad I went for the MR to replace the old daily driver (WRX wagon). I really wanted a Porsche 9974S, but for a third of the price, this is close enough Having only test-driven a GSR, I worried the crispness of that car's handling would be dulled by the softer valving of the Bilstiens, but, not to worry! Carving the esses of my favorite up-the-mountain run, the MR, if anything, felt more confident than anything I've driven up it.
Fit and finish are surprisingly good - more like a German car, the interior is comfortable, seats are great, and the radio even sounds better than I remember the GSR's sounding (still not great, but will do for awhile.). I will try to post pix later, but you all know what they look like!
Oh, and DSL did a good job getting the car to VA from CA - just some puzzling dust inside (!) the car that made me think a window was cracked open or something (this was enclosed carry, puzzling). But not a scratch and no extra miles or stuff missing (Mark set the trip odo when he left South Coast with the car, and it was just what is should be.)
So, thanks again to Mark and Bernie for making this a relatively pain-free operation!
Old May 23, 2006, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome! YES SC MITSU IS THE SHIZNIT I GOT MY CAR FROMTHEM.
Old May 23, 2006, 06:05 AM

Nice. I know how you felt getting your new white MR. I could not not smile while I was driving it . It was sooo cool . lol Have fun
Old May 23, 2006, 06:26 AM

Congrats on the purchase! Doesn't get much sexier then a WW IX imo. Have fun with it! Let the modding begin
Old May 23, 2006, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats with your new car! Did you mean to say you shipped with DAS? Did you pay for any options besides standard shipping, and how were they to deal with?
Old May 23, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ru4real
Congrats with your new car! Did you mean to say you shipped with DAS? Did you pay for any options besides standard shipping, and how were they to deal with?
Yes, I shipped with DAS. I paid for enclosed transport, which is about twice the standard shipping rate. DAS was OK to deal with; Bernie is very friendly, and their internet tracking system works well. You really can't beat the combination of having Mark M. and DAS - he personally drives the out-of-state cars to DAS! No shop boy joy riding at 7000 rpm in your new EVO! That's worth some peace of mind.
Old May 23, 2006, 09:08 AM

nice, congrats! WW MR FTW
Old May 23, 2006, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Nice bro, enjoy that bad boy!
Old May 23, 2006, 10:14 AM

Congrats on the new car. Man do I miss my MR.
Old May 23, 2006, 11:06 AM

do you have the contact info for this dealer? thanks
Old May 23, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaiwang
do you have the contact info for this dealer? thanks
South Coast
Old May 23, 2006, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

I went thru Victorville for my GG IX MR, and they are awesome as well. Bob is the guy to talk to there. They are same company as South Coast, was just closer to go pick up since Im in Vegas. But I highly recommend going thru either one, they kick a$$.
Old May 23, 2006, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

good job man! got my ww ix MR from mark and soutcoast too. i now have 3600 "smiles" on my MR
Old May 23, 2006, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Driving impressions - first two days

I am really thrilled with my new daily driver!! This car is everything I'd hoped it would be. In two days I've put 150 miles of all styles on her, and it has been fantastic getting the feel of this machine. Some quick notes:

The shifter is silken - very positive and the throws are short. I absolutely love this part of the MR - best of any car I've owned.

Clutch takes a little getting used to, I tend to lug it and then realize it's AWD and you need to slip it with a few more rpms. No complaints, though, as the clutch is very positive action.

The POWER! This thing has to have more than 287 HP. Seriously, maybe it's the "HP under the curve" deal, but it is a WHOLE LOT faster than my Cobb Stage Two WRX, which is supposed to have 280 or so... I mean, it's in another league entirely. The torque band is much wider than the 2 liter WRX, also.

I haven't found the car's limits yet (cornering.) Taking it fairly easy thus far, but the handling is the best of any car I've driven, with the possible exception of a Porsche 997S I test drove. Very, very good "pointability" - just aim and it follows your hands. If anything I find myself "sawing" as bit, as I take more lock than needed and have to release a little. Very damn quick steering, and very precise.

Attention: yeah, a lot of TFATF crew seem to lose their concentration when they see it. Geez,... but I've also seen some respect from a few of the non-ricer folks I run into. Others just ignore it - being white, it doesn't seem to register with some that it's anything special - and I planned it that way.

Anyway, if anyone is thinking of getting a IX MR, all I can say is don't wait until they're all gone. This is one of the most engaging machines I've ever had the pleasure to pilot.
Old May 23, 2006, 05:03 PM
BMS
Account Disabled

Congrats bro!!!