Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fastest Evo in the World

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mb32
you dont need 75k. just let me borrow 10k and use 65k.
hell i'd take $50
Old May 23, 2006, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by expl0d
... I'll keep my words to myself about this thread.. i just wanted to add something nice to ths thread for the people who actually read it...

$8,000

New background material.

To the thread starter, I am sorry that you make so much money and have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe, just maybe, go talk to you friends who wont make as much fun of you as we are and they might help you. To all of us, you are nothing but a troll who is coming on the internet to brag about money that probably isnt there. If the money is/was there, then either take our advice and send it to AMS, or just shut up. All of your posts are completely stupid and have no meaning to them. If you want to take your car to Japan to have the work done, then get on a Japanese website and have had it.

/thread.
Old May 23, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63Rules
New background material.

To the thread starter, I am sorry that you make so much money and have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe, just maybe, go talk to you friends who wont make as much fun of you as we are and they might help you. To all of us, you are nothing but a troll who is coming on the internet to brag about money that probably isnt there. If the money is/was there, then either take our advice and send it to AMS, or just shut up. All of your posts are completely stupid and have no meaning to them. If you want to take your car to Japan to have the work done, then get on a Japanese website and have had it.

/thread.
100% agree, which is how and why this thread went to hell.

Everyone REPEATEDLY told you what to do to obtain your goal. You made it painfully obvious that you have NO idea what the hell you're doing (from your first post). That's fine...that's what this site is here for. So I'm not knocking you there. The biggest issue after was not listening to people. If you don't know what's up, ask for guidance/help, then basically tell the people trying to help you "Stuff it"...this is what happens.

Either review the first 2 pages and listen, or take it elsewhere. There's nothing left to discuss at this point. Except how to get ahold of that 31 gear Twin Turbo PT Cruiser transmission! hawt.
Old May 23, 2006, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BaseModelEvo
I'm confused...and you're running aluminum rods? I've got a REALLY cute aluminum rod from a 468 sitting in my shop that demonstrates what happens when some one runs aluminum rods in a high HP application (in this case a naturally aspirated GTO running into 10.08s).

While they may be light...they move...and they bend...and eventually snap. But it sounds like you did the research so maybe you know something I don't. I sure hope so for your motor's sake.
Technology has changed. Have you seen the latest AMS thread with pictures of their race car? That engine is the same as mine. BTW, the rods are made by Groden to AMS spec.

Last edited by 3240; May 23, 2006 at 02:25 PM.
Old May 23, 2006, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Buschur or Vishnu...75k huh?
Old May 23, 2006, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Deadliest 4-Door EVER

Originally Posted by LetItBreath
lol, i dont think i've ever had so much fun on any thread in any forum I've ever been on.

I think I MAY have started this madness. I'm either in A LOT of trouble, or I'm dead wrong, and YOU, yeah, YOU are in trouble.

BTW, guys...I didn't want to reveal who I actually was...but this is me...and my car. Good luck having one of you morons with your stupid AMS turbo kits, and APEX and JDM parts (BIG F-ING DEAL) coming after me. That's right...because ya'll ain't ready for my whip...watch...if you dare. And when you realize my car is the shiz-nitto-snip-snap-sack...send me money....here I am boys...with the deadliest 4-door EVER put in production....

Deadliest 4-Door EVER!

And now you know....
Old May 23, 2006, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3240
Technology has changed. Have you seen the latest AMS thread with pictures of their race car? That engine is the same as mine. BTW, the rods are made by Groden to AMS spec.

Technology has, aluminum hasn't. Are they still aluminum? I'm not trying to naye-say. But myself and my machine shop almost NEVER use aluminum rods. Too many failures. I hope yours work fine, i never want to see some one lose a motor. EVER. Just curious, hopefully i didn't offend you!
Old May 23, 2006, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was under the impression that aluminum rods were only for extreme race conditions where the user knew he or she was going to tear the engine down after every other run/outing, etc. I also thought John Shepherd uses aluminum Groden rods in his record setting Talon.
Old May 23, 2006, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

I'm sure he does. But he tears that thing down and replaces them over and over.
Old May 23, 2006, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

if you dont trust AMS ... go HKS USA and spend 75k for it if you wish.
Old May 23, 2006, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Technology has, aluminum hasn't. Are they still aluminum? I'm not trying to naye-say. But myself and my machine shop almost NEVER use aluminum rods. Too many failures. I hope yours work fine, i never want to see some one lose a motor. EVER. Just curious, hopefully i didn't offend you!
I'm no expert in this area. I left it up to AMS and they claim that these new aluminum rods work well for my application. They're actually starting to use them more often and they've been installed in several cars now. You didn't offend me and I'll say it again; I'm no expert in this area. However, I trust AMS 100% and have the utmost of confidence in them. Keep in mind that his is not a daily driver. I'll use it on the road occasionally but not often. Also, keep in mind that I have a dog box and sequential shifter in this car. Streetable is not my primary goal.

P.S. I've lost four motors already, it's part of the game IMO.
Old May 23, 2006, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sure he does. But he tears that thing down and replaces them over and over.
His last motor lasted an entire season.
Old May 23, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
I was under the impression that aluminum rods were only for extreme race conditions where the user knew he or she was going to tear the engine down after every other run/outing, etc. I also thought John Shepherd uses aluminum Groden rods in his record setting Talon.
Ask AMS for their opinion on the new aluminum rods.
Old May 23, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

One other comment: Years ago people were afraid to use aluminum blocks even though it's the norm today. Aluminum hasn't changed but manufacturing technologies have.
Old May 23, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gideon201
its for good use trust me.

?

poor evo

Quick Reply: Fastest Evo in the World