Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fastest Evo in the World

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think this guys is trolling.
Old May 23, 2006, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

OZ, Eibach suspension , K&N , Just put on a edelbrock manifold, hedmann header, borla exhaust, cobra seats and some good ol' mickey thompsons and you will have the fastest 4x4 in town. guaranteed. J/K. Drop it off with a paper bag full of cash in the trunk, I can assure you when you get it back, you will be lighter in the trunk anyway.
Old May 23, 2006, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gideon201
AMS doesnt want someone to have a faster evo than them obviously.
Second, I need a japanese comapany, not an american only since it is a mitsubishi.
Well obviously.....

Really, I hope this is a joke, because I havent laughed this hard in a while.
Old May 23, 2006, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Second, I need a japanese comapany, not an american only since it is a mitsubishi.
Here's what to expect:

I have a destroked 2.4L (destroked to 2.2L) engine built by AMS with aluminum rods, customer crank, etc. with their GT42r turbo and all supporting mods - about $37k installed.

I also have a Holinger dog box with a sequential shifter - about $20k installed

Add a clutch and all drivetrain mods and add another $8k.

Cage and interior $4k

Wheels and tires $5K

There's your $75k.

Is you want all JDM parts but still want 900awhp add about 50% to that cost.

Keep in mind that your factory warranty might be voided, hahaha. In otherwords be realistic about your ability to maintain a car like this as it's not cheap. Things break on a regular basis when you race 1000 HP cars.

Or, let me have some fun with my setup this summer and I'll sell it to you for less than $75k in September allowing you to keep your Evo as a daily driver! I have over $115k into this car. Good luck!
Old May 23, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluebyu36
i think all u need is the oz rims and the k&n filter and u should be wright there with ams and al
Old May 23, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
This can't be serious.

Are you just getting getting into modding a car? The reason I ask is the parts you list sound like a parts list off of GT4. Stage 3 turbo, Stage 3 clutch, Eibach suspension, OZ wheels, I need a japanese company because it's a japanese car WTF? If you are looking to be the fastest evo in the world stage 3 isn't going to get it done. You need like stage 50.

The real extreme performance parts usually come from small model specific companies whose bread and butter is that car or a handful of cars not, large companies who want to sell volume and pay to be in video games.

With that much money call Jun, HKS, Top Secret, Norris designs, RC developments if you want to spend a stupid amount of money for just about the same thing AMS, Buschur, or Vishnu could do for you.

Besides to build the ultimate Evo I don't think 75K is going to do it. Ever seen the HKS time attack Evo?

Last edited by hotrod2448; May 23, 2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old May 23, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, Im calling either Bull$ or dumbA$$. Why on earth would anyone pay $35K for a new MR then dump $75K into it on mods. For that price range lets look at what you COULD have bought. An 06' Porche GT3 997, an 06' C6 Z06, an 06' Viper, an 06' BMW M5, an 06' Audi S4 (that's 414HP AWD).......

I commend you on this quest for the holy grail you're on to have the "world's fastest Evo", but it just seems silly to drop that kind of cash on a Lancer when there are obviously much better choices to spend your money on. But what do I know, Im just a middle class 9-5, money's always been an object to me....
Old May 23, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

for everyone who recommended calling AMS and busher and vishu i will
Ok

This is serious BUT it wont be done overnight. I do have a life and stuff I need to pay for. 75k was just a ballpark figure it might go up might go down.

I do know about my car and what options there are, I didnt mention tuner shops, because I like to do a lot myself.

I am asking on the forum because there are a lot of knowlegable people and I want to get opinions on this stuff before its done. So if everyone could actually post something other than seeing a tuner that be appreciated.
Wait ...What? Didn't you just say you're going to call them?

ANYWAY, Vishnu is awesome, don't get me wrong, they just don't have crazy high power Evos comming out of there shop. The shops w/ the fastest Evo's in the world are TURBOTRIX, Buschur Racing, and AMS. DONT FORGET TURBOTRIX GUYS! Call one of them, you're not showing enough knowledge about the car to do ANY work on it by yourself, esspecially considering you think you're going to hand build the fastest Evo in the world while performance shops around the world have been already trying to do so since 2003.

And frankly, all of your posts in this thread have been uneducated and random, you need guidence.
Old May 23, 2006, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

did he really say that?? sorry dude but most of the proven parts for evos are american made....hate to burst your bubble..

PJ

Old May 23, 2006, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Drive your car to Arlington Heights, IL or Wakeman OH. Write a check for 75,000 dollars and tell them to go nuts
Old May 23, 2006, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
/\ well said...
Old May 23, 2006, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

wow....kids...i mean i dreamed like this back then (when i knew nothing about cars and thought i did) but WOW!

3 things wrong with your story

1. if u had 100k+ to spend on a car you WOULD NOT get a mitsubishi! i dont car who you are you would be driving a porsche caymann at LEAST or a bmw or something...

2. no one in there right mind would drop 75k into a 35ish thousand dollar car...it economically doesnt make sense...

and finally if you had all this moey you wouldnt be doing the work you self because people that drop money like that into cars want to MAKE SURE its done by a professional and they get quality work...and dont care about cost of labor...

oh and for what its worth AMS will build u a faster car then there shop car...reason being they dont care if they have the 2nd fastest evo ( this point was brought up when they were building chris's car and look he has more hp then there shop car!)

so stop day dreaming and go to school/ work and buy a honda and THEN put ur k&n intake and your oz racing rims on!
Old May 23, 2006, 09:51 AM

OMG people are not getting it.
I am going with OZ rims since I LIKE THE LOOK, i dont care if they lower my time by .01 sec like it matters.

Anyway I am going to japan this summer to check out some of their companies and what they can do.

so what if the car was 35k i couldnt get the skyline gtr and i dont want the diablo or 911

Also I do the work with friends who are professional mechanics couple of em with shops. Ever hear of formula D and HIN???

Last edited by Gideon201; May 23, 2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old May 23, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

GT42R kit from AMS - they sell, for $16k, a kit that will make you a 9 second car. Add a bottle. You'll be faster. No bull****, check out the site. After you drop $16K on their 9 second kit, call Holley, tell them what you just did with AMS, they'll probably DONATE the nitrous kit. hell, I will.
Old May 23, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 3240
Here's what to expect:

I have a destroked 2.4L (destroked to 2.2L) engine built by AMS with aluminum rods, customer crank, etc. with their GT42r turbo and all supporting mods - about $37k installed.

I also have a Holinger dog box with a sequential shifter - about $20k installed

Add a clutch and all drivetrain mods and add another $8k.

Cage and interior $4k

Wheels and tires $5K

There's your $75k.

Is you want all JDM parts but still want 900awhp add about 50% to that cost.

Keep in mind that your factory warranty might be voided, hahaha. In otherwords be realistic about your ability to maintain a car like this as it's not cheap. Things break on a regular basis when you race 1000 HP cars.

Or, let me have some fun with my setup this summer and I'll sell it to you for less than $75k in September allowing you to keep your Evo as a daily driver! I have over $115k into this car. Good luck!
what happened to the twin charged with the holsett hx50?

Quick Reply: Fastest Evo in the World