Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fastest Evo in the World

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think before you go down this path dropping 75k into your car, maybe talk to some people that have started doing this. You might find out 75k later that you could have(and definately should have) spent your money much wiser.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

EDIT... i left my computer.. and came back.. and ALOT was said... soo DELETED

Last edited by Rcebowl; May 23, 2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LetItBreath
I think before you go down this path dropping 75k into your car, maybe talk to some people that have started doing this. You might find out 75k later that you could have(and definately should have) spent your money much wiser.
hahaha check my sig for his response to that! lol
Old May 23, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

I'm done with this thread, we just can't win here.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gideon201
AMS doesnt want someone to have a faster evo than them
They've already stated that if a customer comes and has the money, they'll build them anything they want.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CoEvo05
you have 115k into your evo????????? and you have what done?
You live in Colorado? So do I. I'll be running at Bandimere in June and you're move than welcome to check it out.

I outlined the bulk of my build in a previous post on this thread. The setup that I have is very different from the setup that was used for Chris's build. AMS went with a destroked 2.4 L engine with aluminum rods, custom pistons, and a "one off" crank. This thing should be able to rev to almost 10,000 rpms. Also, the cost of the Hollinger tranny is outrageous. In addition to the "go-fast" parts I have a Gialla carbon fiber hood and front bumper. I also have a Monster carbon fiber trunk. It all adds up quickly.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3240
It should make well over 900 awhp.

I'm confused...and you're running aluminum rods? I've got a REALLY cute aluminum rod from a 468 sitting in my shop that demonstrates what happens when some one runs aluminum rods in a high HP application (in this case a naturally aspirated GTO running into 10.08s).

While they may be light...they move...and they bend...and eventually snap. But it sounds like you did the research so maybe you know something I don't. I sure hope so for your motor's sake.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gideon201
AMS doesnt want someone to have a faster evo than them obviously.
Second, I need a japanese comapany, not an american only since it is a mitsubishi.
wtf? lol
Old May 23, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3240
You live in Colorado? So do I. I'll be running at Bandimere in June and you're move than welcome to check it out.

I outlined the bulk of my build in a previous post on this thread. The setup that I have is very different from the setup that was used for Chris's build. AMS went with a destroked 2.4 L engine with aluminum rods, custom pistons, and a "one off" crank. This thing should be able to rev to almost 10,000 rpms. Also, the cost of the Hollinger tranny is outrageous. In addition to the "go-fast" parts I have a Gialla carbon fiber hood and front bumper. I also have a Monster carbon fiber trunk. It all adds up quickly.
Tell me the date and time and ILL be there!!! i have to see this in person!!! im very suprised that if that is your set up that you havent had more exposure on here...like chris's car...but then again i just recently got back on evom as i bought a 2g talon for a new drag car project...so im kinda lost on hot threads as of late...id also LOVE to see pics of you car...i mean if you have 115k+ invested in your car then u MUST have pics!
Old May 23, 2006, 10:27 AM

This KID is probably having mommy and daddy pay for everything. Right off the bat with his choice of mods you can tell that he probably knows two things about EVO's and modifying: 1) Jack and 2) $hit, and Jack just left town.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:27 AM

Givin your knowlegdge displayed here, my guess is you don't have a lot of experience racing. If you pay somone to build a 1000awhp evo, you might also want to pay somone to drive it too. Unless you have some good racing experience, you may very well own a 8sec car, but not be able to break out of the 10's.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MovingViolation
Givin your knowlegdge displayed here, my guess is you don't have a lot of experience racing. If you pay somone to build a 1000awhp evo, you might also want to pay somone to drive it too. Unless you have some good racing experience, you may very well own a 8sec car, but not be able to break out of the 10's.

I'll second that. I had a Civic that could bang 17s all day...but I think she had 16s in her. Man I suck.

But seriously, he's right.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Checkout the big horsepower guys like AMS or Buschur.

Otherwise ...

Just buy yourself a C6 Z06 and put some Evo emblems on it.

Old May 23, 2006, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Are you planning on driving this car?

Why is it so important to you to have the fastest evo in the world?

If you want the title of fastest xxxxx in the world, why not get a Toyota Tercel. I'm sure with a few simple bolt ons youd have the fastest Tercel in the world...

Do you think everyone on this forum are just nay-saying for their health? We've been where your trying to go dude, your making a mistake.

The people with the fastest xxxx's in the world are people with shops or professional racers. Why would an engineer want the fastest evo in the world? Shops want/need quick cars to prove what they can do for marketing. Racers for obvious reasons. You will not be able to drive this car daily. Cars making 900+ horsepower(what you'll need for the fastest...probably closer to 1000+) break stuff and are costly to maintain. Most of the people that can do it have sponsors. I seriously doubt anyone will sponsor you. Seriously dude, why are you doing this? I'm just trying to understand...
Old May 23, 2006, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo

Well you have no idea what you're talking about, so instead why don't you call TurboTrix, AMS, or Buschur Racing; and schedule a date to drop your car and money off at their shop.

Done.
^^^ teh end.

Quick Reply: Fastest Evo in the World