Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fastest Evo in the World

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amen ^
Old May 23, 2006, 10:51 AM

Wow, I ask for help and I get a little, but a lot of criticism. Let me clarify very clearly.

I love the Evolution, thats why I didn't just buy a 911 or Diablo, besides I like to work on cars, not just get one and showcase it.

I am a design engineer, thats how I have the money to spend, not to mention no wife or family, just mortgage for all those who don't understand you can do this if your single without responsibilities.

Why am I putting so much into this car?
It's a hobby for myself, can't a person have fun with their money? I know there are a lot of other cars and things available.

I am not a "PRO" racer and not the "best mechanic," but I am not new at this. I do have experience with both. I know people who own shops, and the work will be done there with the correct tools.

Yes this will be a money grabber and something expensive to maintain, but if I have the money to spend wouldn't you think I have the money to maintain it.

The reason I don't want to go with AMS is because it is a Japanese car, and I do want to go with Japanese companies. It probably will cost more and thats fine since parts will have to be imported.

The main reason for all this is the car will not be staying in the states, it will be going back to Tokyo.

Hopefully this has cleared up a lot of stuff for everyone who posted.

Last edited by Gideon201; May 23, 2006 at 10:53 AM.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

call up a tuner like AMS or Buscher. Unless you have significant knowledge on this car (which no offense but not many of us do), then talk to them about it. Thats what they're there for and they will gladly accept your 75k

have fun man!
Old May 23, 2006, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Fastest Tercel!

Originally Posted by LetItBreath
If you want the title of fastest xxxxx in the world, why not get a Toyota Tercel. I'm sure with a few simple bolt ons youd have the fastest Tercel in the world...

Dude...if he goes Tercel w/bolt-ons, I'll get a turbinator. I will not lose my fastest Tercel title.

This is my JDM Evolution Tercel:

It's for sale if you can come up with $77k. Firm.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMS and Buschur are probably the two best places you could go for a 4g63 powered car. You need to do your research.

Your wants and desires show you have no idea what your doing, and that my friend proves your not any type of an engineer. Did you check your blinker fuild lately?
Old May 23, 2006, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
go to tokyo then and have HKS build the car for you or go to norris desgin in the uk but i prefer ams just give them a call!
Old May 23, 2006, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gideon201
Wow, I ask for help and I get a little, but a lot of criticism. Let me clarify very clearly.

I love the Evolution, thats why I didn't just buy a 911 or Diablo, besides I like to work on cars, not just get one and showcase it.

I am a design engineer, thats how I have the money to spend, not to mention no wife or family, just mortgage for all those who don't understand you can do this if your single without responsibilities.

Why am I putting so much into this car?
It's a hobby for myself, can't a person have fun with their money? I know there are a lot of other cars and things available.

I am not a "PRO" racer and not the "best mechanic," but I am not new at this. I do have experience with both. I know people who own shops, and the work will be done there with the correct tools.

Yes this will be a money grabber and something expensive to maintain, but if I have the money to spend wouldn't you think I have the money to maintain it.

The reason I don't want to go with AMS is because it is a Japanese car, and I do want to go with Japanese companies. It probably will cost more and thats fine since parts will have to be imported.

The main reason for all this is the car will not be staying in the states, it will be going back to Tokyo.

Hopefully this has cleared up a lot of stuff for everyone who posted.
What the hell?? dude dont want to go to ams?? who has the fastest evo? enough said. I think we know in america how to build the fastest cars, and if you go the jdm route you aint gonna beat ams, buschr, or dynoflashes evos. This is all IMO.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Why didnt you just import one from tokyo with everything done and right hand drive... if you are gonna spend the money might as well do it all jdm...

also ....

Red LED underbody lighting
17" OEM gunmetal stock rims Evolution MR
Flame thrower in tailpipe

your right around the corner to the "fastest evo" with your preplanned mods....
Old May 23, 2006, 11:00 AM

Jdm Ftl
Old May 23, 2006, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jrsimon27
go to tokyo then and have HKS build the car for you or go to norris desgin in the uk but i prefer ams just give them a call!

there ya go. Seems like your best option with HKS then.
Old May 23, 2006, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Wow....this is ridiculous. I cant wait to see what happens with this thing. If you are serious however, for 75k you should definately just hand the car and the cash over to AMS and tell them to go crazy. Im sure they would love that and they do amazing work.
Evolving Member

^^ You're going to take an Evo with $75K in mods to Japan..... You are aware of course that if your car is registered in Japan you MUST go through an yearly inspection of your car. You also know at the time of this inspection your car must be in the same stock condition as it was when it was sold from the dealership. You're going to pay to have all these mods taken off and put back on every year? But Im sure you knew all this already.
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by LimPShoT
What the hell?? dude dont want to go to ams?? who has the fastest evo? enough said. I think we know in america how to build the fastest cars, and if you go the jdm route you aint gonna beat ams, buschr, or dynoflashes evos. This is all IMO.

come on man your forgetting lejune,hks, and norris design
Old May 23, 2006, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BaseModelEvo
Dude...if he goes Tercel w/bolt-ons, I'll get a turbinator. I will not lose my fastest Tercel title.

This is my JDM Evolution Tercel:

It's for sale if you can come up with $77k. Firm.
Old May 23, 2006, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

I think middle schools are out for summer.

Quick Reply: Fastest Evo in the World