Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Final word on EVO windshield brackets

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Final word on EVO windshield brackets

I just had my 2003 EVO windshield replaced with a lancer front windshield.
There has been alot of crying about the brackets not working but I have gotten to the bottom of it.

If you have an 03 evo and order a windshield for an 03 lancer it will come with the incorrect bracket. The problem is lancer windshields changed in 04. So when you order 03 glass you get an 02-03 lancer windshield.

To get the correct lancer glass you have to order a windshield for an 04 lancer. It costs about $130 more than the 02-03 lancer glass but it is the correct windshield with the third visor and the correct mirror bracket/clip.

Your other option is to get the 03 lancer glass, heat and twist off the wrong bracket, then reuse your 03 EVO mirror bracket. The 03 EVO mirror is glued on with double sided adhesive strip. The glass company uses the same strip stuff to reapply your old bracket so its no different than before.

To end the dispute about glass thickness.....my factory evo windshield was thinner than the lancer replacement. I imagine this was a weight issue but you could tell just by looking at the two that the 03 EVO glass was thinner than the 04 lancer glass. I know many of you say only the side windows are different but I saw this with my own eyes. I doubt the difference in weight will make any difference to me because I have a moon roof and am 15LB overweight myself but to some of you hard core skinny beotches you may want to fight for OEM EVO glass.

Old May 23, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
good info