Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsu. service ?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsu. service ?

Who tips their service advisor and or tech? How much and how often? No smart azz comments about service dealers or warrenties please, just if you like your service department how do you show them?
(WARRENTY WORK AND FREE MAINTENCE)
Thanks

Last edited by Turbolover; May 23, 2006 at 03:33 PM.
Old May 23, 2006, 01:09 PM
Account Disabled

Shake their hands and say thanks, what kind of question is this? U ok?
Old May 23, 2006, 01:12 PM

same here. thats there job and most of the time they dont do it.
Old May 24, 2006, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

In general at the dealer I work at, the S/A's get 2% on all warranty and customer pay labor they sell, some even get a bit of the parts sales. They get spiff's from tire, alignment, dent repairs, etc. They get CSI money from the manufactures and bonuses from meeting their Labor dollar goals...... tips?-
Old May 24, 2006, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anytime I have something done at a shop (not often), no matter what/where, if I get good service and treatment I try and give the guy who did the work a few dollars. This is not easy at a dealership, but is easy at a local repair shop, or tire shop. They WILL remember you for this (I did when I worked as a mechanic), even if it's just $2, because almost no one does this. Not required, but a nice gesture and next time they won't have a problem with taking an extra two minutes when you ask them to actually use a torque wrench on your wheels.
Old May 24, 2006, 11:13 AM
Account Disabled

If its a local mechanic give him a twelve-pack.
Old May 24, 2006, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lilnaz
If its a local mechanic give him a twelve-pack.
Come Over To my shop anytime, I like that kinda Thinking
Old May 24, 2006, 06:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mitsu + service = LOL

honestly.
Old May 24, 2006, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

MODS+FREE MAINTENCE AND WARRENTY WORK+SMALL TIP=HAPPY MITSU. OWNER!!!
Forget this thread and all u who hate on service departments! I can say that I'm moderatly modded and still I have received new front rotors+pads(warrentied after only 2k miles) and continued ****FREE****maintence!!! So for all u suckers who pay for your own oil changes and routine maintence, GET A CLUE!! Have u all thought it might be the way u treat others!!! Now I'm not saying is GOD, but a little tip to ur tech and advisor might save u thousands in "supposely warrantied" problems!!!

my .02 cents!
Old May 24, 2006, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbolover
MODS+FREE MAINTENCE AND WARRENTY WORK+SMALL TIP=HAPPY MITSU. OWNER!!!
Forget this thread and all u who hate on service departments! I can say that I'm moderatly modded and still I have received new front rotors+pads(warrentied after only 2k miles) and continued ****FREE****maintence!!! So for all u suckers who pay for your own oil changes and routine maintence, GET A CLUE!! Have u all thought it might be the way u treat others!!! Now I'm not saying is GOD, but a little tip to ur tech and advisor might save u thousands in "supposely warrantied" problems!!!

my .02 cents!
LOL! SO true. Although my warranty is long gone, as a tech./fabricator in training I can relate to the service department. If you treat them like d1cks, expect the same treatment back. In automotive....the customer is always an as$hole!
Old May 24, 2006, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You have to understand that one of the forum rules here is to bytch about Mitsubishi in general, service, dealers, policies and so forth. It is not allowed to express satisfaction with any sales, service, or any such interaction with a Mitsubishi dealer or corporate rep.

Thanks for sharing, though.
Old May 24, 2006, 11:43 PM

I like to tip the NON-mainstream repair shops or tire shops. Dealers? never.
Old May 24, 2006, 11:50 PM

yeah the private shops... dealerships? nah!
Old May 25, 2006, 05:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evofan@scorp's
LOL! SO true. Although my warranty is long gone, as a tech./fabricator in training I can relate to the service department. If you treat them like d1cks, expect the same treatment back. In automotive....the customer is always an as$hole!
Who said anything about treating them like D1cks?-LOL I've worked in the service dept. for 21 years and I see what goes on. If you are lucky enough to have a S/A that knows what they are doing or talking about is rare. I stop in every Xmas and drop off goodies (mostly liquor and treats) and make sure I give the dept. 100% scores on CSI at my Mitsu dealer. If you are going to tip ANYONE- tip the Tech or the porter (who makes minumum wage) before a S/A, but thats up to you.
When you work on this side, as a customer you tend to be a nice person because you can directly relate. 95 % of the S/A's here couldn't change their own oil (16 at last count).