Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just got a call back...

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got a call back...

Well over the weekend my intercooler pipe flew off and into the fan assembly causing every fan blade to break off and one to puncture the radiator. I pulled over and let all the raidiator fluid wash away and called up Diamond Care for a tow. Service center opened up yesterday, told me they'd take a look and get back to me. Got a call today, saying "my aftermarket intake caused it" (I have a buschur filter kit). I told him thats ridiculous. He replied "These are my professional shop tech's telling me and I'm just saying what they said". So I explained that the intercooler pipe is what caused it and he "oh then it must of been that, that was aftermarket." I have stock intercooler pipes with T bolt clamps. Mitsu isnt going to warranty it and wow are they fcking dumb.

service

What do I do?

Order Koyo Race Radiator and buy new fan assembly?

+ What new intercooler pipes do I order since mitsu designed that setup horrible.
Old May 23, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Would you expect anything less from the dealership? Even when its apparent what caused it, they are going to blame it on something that didnt cause it so they dont have to warranty it.
Old May 23, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Damn I guess I had to learn that the hard way. I dont know how to argue this.
Old May 23, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Damn, mitsu can be dumb at times..... broke *** fools
Old May 23, 2006, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Annual
Damn I guess I had to learn that the hard way. I dont know how to argue this.
You can't. Their "professional shop techs" said it was the aftermarket intake that cause your intercooler pipe failure. And that's that. lol!

Sorry man, for real. That sucks. It's true though, anything to get you. I'm sure if it wasn't the intake, it would've been something else not stock!
Old May 23, 2006, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

if you put t-bolt clamsp on, what's to say you didn't forget to tighten one? Not saying that you forgot, but it's an "out" for the dealership. There's no winning argument or angle you'll be able to take on this one.
Old May 23, 2006, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Oh they were tightened it was just all this heat in az these past couple days didnt help to add to the already flex section. Heat = sucks.
Old May 23, 2006, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which AZ dealership is your car at?

From the lines they are feeding you about warranty, it sounds like either Tempe or Big Two.
Old May 23, 2006, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
oh nooooss! I got aftermarket air freshener! Iam doomed! :P
Old May 23, 2006, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Mark Mitsu
Old May 23, 2006, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

ok........ i have a story just like this one.. I was driving down the freeway when I thought it was raining. I finally realized when I put my wipers on that it was coolant. I pulled over as the car was overheating. I look and can see it was coming from the back of the radiator. The fan blades were wiped out. I reached down there and pulled out a LOTION CAP from my fan housing. I had sucked it up off the road and it had broke the blades which in turn had punctured the radiator. I kept puttin fluid in and got it to mitsu and dropped it off. They would not warranty this either gave me a bunch of bs reasons. I didnt know of aftermarket radiators back then so I got slammed paying 1200 bux for a stocker.(god am I mad now). I asked if i could put mesh over my housing so nothing else could ever go in there they said that if i did it would void my whole warranty what a bunch of dicks. I feel you pain man. my suggestion is a koyo and slim fan... I wish I had back then....good luck!

PJ
Old May 23, 2006, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Annual
Mark Mitsu
Mark in Scottsdale?
Old May 23, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Ya scottsdale Mark.

Looks like Im ordering right now Koyo and trying to find a slim fan, and while I'm at it I might go new intercooler pipes.
Old May 23, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Hate to be the bad guy, but if you put T-bolt clamps on your intercooler pipes and they blew off and broke the fan then it IS your fault. Your installation of those clamps was faulty and that is what caused the problem. I'm sorry it happened to you, but in this situation the dealership is right to deny a warranty claim even though they may not have stated the correct reason.

-Paul
Old May 23, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
if you put t-bolt clamsp on, what's to say you didn't forget to tighten one? Not saying that you forgot, but it's an "out" for the dealership. There's no winning argument or angle you'll be able to take on this one.

Seriously... yes you did put on the clamps (which work better than stock), but just messing with those parts and it happened to blow out doesn't make it look good in your situation.