Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What is the proper RPM to shift to reduce the lag

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the proper RPM to shift to reduce the lag

My car is not broken in yet so Im still taking it easy. But last night I was able to push it a little and got a little boost. I shifted about 4k and it seems that the power was lost for a moment then regained it again.

Is there a shift point that can optimize acceleration without doing a WOT and reducing lag time.

FWIW, I really enjoy driving this car, I cant wait until break in period is over. Sadly enough, I've own two audi S4 and none of them gave me the satisfaction that this car has. I think I may have finally found a winner with this car.
Old May 24, 2006, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you shift at 5k(break in rev limit) you hsould fall back on just under 4k which is after spool up. Where are you shifting now?
Old May 24, 2006, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just read your post again...Yea if your shifting at 4k that'll bring you just under where the turbo starts to spool. Do it at 5k you'll be fine. And when its broken in...