Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Cali Exhaust Law

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2006, 12:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Cali Exhaust Law

I recently got pulled over for no reason.... just getting gas and lights come on. Says its my seatbelt and they were on and so he blames it on my front plate. Then he comments that now, cops can pull you over just for having a shiny exhaust. when they pull you over for it, thats one offense. and then they'll ask if you put it on. if you reply with a yes, thats another offense and thats 2 points against you. soooo if ur in cali dont admit to putting it on, say u bought it that way or something if your car is second hand. but yeah...cops are *******s ALSO!!!! he asked... " did you hear about the new drifting movie coming out soon? (Fast and the Furious 3)" and im like yeah... and he says, were gonna be cracking down like crazy when the movie comes out. we will start pulling you over for anything from exhausts to lowered cars.
Old May 25, 2006, 12:38 AM
Evolved Member

sounds like he was desp. for the quota.
Old May 25, 2006, 12:39 AM
Evolved Member

I don't believe that. Modified exhaust is legal as long as its within a certain dB level and that you have a legal cat on the system.
Old May 25, 2006, 12:40 AM
Evolving Member

he also popped my hood and and was surprised it was stock... lol dumbass...

iv decided on selling my evo because you cant get very far in california with modded cars without getting harrassed. so im thiking about getting a new 3 series or the acura TL
Old May 25, 2006, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Andrew LB
I don't believe that. Modified exhaust is legal as long as its within a certain dB level and that you have a legal cat on the system.
lol thats what he told me... it was a good cop bad cop situation
Old May 25, 2006, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

I'll run the question by a few of the Long beach cops i know. My fathers buddy is a sheriff in Orange County also.
Old May 25, 2006, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Andrew LB
I'll run the question by a few of the Long beach cops i know. My fathers buddy is a sheriff in Orange County also.
sounds good man... let us know the outcome
Old May 25, 2006, 12:52 AM
Evolving Member

Shiny exhaust? Give me a break. About the ONLY thing a cop can do regarding a CAT-BACK exhaust, is harass you for the decebels. Keep it under 92 and you should be fine. Otherwise, it's just BS.

San Diego is crazy on the county laws and such for racing/modifying cars. I feel for you. But, if getting harassed by a cop (like this) is enough for you to give up and sell your car, I guess I wish you good luck. I just laugh it off....or stuff the law in their face and drive off. Ignorance solves nothing and only serves to cause situations like this.
Old May 25, 2006, 12:55 AM

wow... someone didn't get his daily dose of donuts...
Old May 25, 2006, 01:24 AM
Evolved Member

that is rediculous. im in cali though, and i agree... cops are getting out of control
Old May 25, 2006, 01:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SilverIX
Shiny exhaust? Give me a break. About the ONLY thing a cop can do regarding a CAT-BACK exhaust, is harass you for the decebels. Keep it under 92 and you should be fine. Otherwise, it's just BS.

San Diego is crazy on the county laws and such for racing/modifying cars. I feel for you. But, if getting harassed by a cop (like this) is enough for you to give up and sell your car, I guess I wish you good luck. I just laugh it off....or stuff the law in their face and drive off. Ignorance solves nothing and only serves to cause situations like this.
im getting out of the modifying scene as long as im in CALI... i love my evo and id hate to sell it but im in way too much trouble, because of cars.... im just pisd off that the people that deserved to get caught by the cops dont...and the people that dont do **** on the streets get harassed because of those idiots.... who knows... maybe il buy the new IX
Old May 25, 2006, 01:39 AM
Evolving Member

thank god i live in vegas but deng dude, that cop's a d!cl<
Old May 25, 2006, 02:16 AM
Account Disabled

Cops are crazy in San Diego i figure when i get my 80mph ticket it will be o.k. since i drive 100+ constantly and get away with it.
Old May 25, 2006, 02:18 AM
Evolved Member

what a load of utter bull****. good thing i haven't gotten pulled over even once in the 1 month that i've had my IX. i just got my front license plate mounted on today, and i havn't gotten pulled over by cops due to lack of front plate in the past 1 month...

i see like 17 cops every day too, maybe i'm just lucky *crosses fat fingers*
Old May 25, 2006, 02:22 AM
Evolving Member

lol. they are gonne be cracking down on cars that are lowered and exhaust because of the FnF3? just imagine how many FWD gonna be pulled over and get dismissed in court. one of my friends was driving an integra and he was pulled over at gun point. he had a ticket for "driving sideway" and was dismissed in court.