Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Hotwiring the IX??????

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good one!!!
Originally Posted by stevEVO8
Dont give this guy any more info; it sounds like he is tryin to steal a car not keep it safe.
Old May 25, 2006, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

And for what reason do you think that you dont sound shady as hell.
You say you would like to learn how to hotwire the ix?? Why not go to the dealer and ask all of these questions?? And then go talk to an installer on how to keep you car safe instead of asking how to steal it.
Old May 25, 2006, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
I leave an attack tortoise on my hood at night to protect the car.

Holy crap that was random.

I agree if the thiefs really want your car they are going to steal it regaurdless
Old May 25, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

It has an ignition immobilizer from the factory, but like other similarly equipped vehicles, it will prove to be relatively trivial to bypass and simply give owners a false sense of security.
Old May 25, 2006, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stevEVO8
And for what reason do you think that you dont sound shady as hell.
You say you would like to learn how to hotwire the ix?? Why not go to the dealer and ask all of these questions?? And then go talk to an installer on how to keep you car safe instead of asking how to steal it.
yea its good to know a lot of stuff sometimes but it depends how you use your knowledge, hotwiring a car is something im not looking forward into but if someone will tell me how then ill listen.

read my first post.

i said "im not asking how to hot wire a car"

i said "is it possible"

the truth is we all know you cant keep your car safe all the time

im sorry if i gave you a wrong impression.

Last edited by lowbdgtmechanic; May 25, 2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old May 25, 2006, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aklucsarits
It has an ignition immobilizer from the factory, but like other similarly equipped vehicles, it will prove to be relatively trivial to bypass and simply give owners a false sense of security.
but this things cant be done in a place where people can see them coz it takes time right???
Old May 25, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

if you're worrying about someone hot-wiring your evo, you should also be worrying about getting carjacked, why waste time with stealing? like everyone will say, if they want so bad, they will get it. best thing to do imo, is to get the most extensive insurance coverage you can get.
Old May 25, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

imma check my insurance once again
Originally Posted by RRRS
if you're worrying about someone hot-wiring your evo, you should also be worrying about getting carjacked, why waste time with stealing? like everyone will say, if they want so bad, they will get it. best thing to do imo, is to get the most extensive insurance coverage you can get.
Old May 25, 2006, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lowbdgtmechanic
Is this the VIN Number that can be seen outside windshield???
yes. And Thats why I went to the dollar store a bought some black electrical tape. Two pieces placed neatly over vin and it is nolonger readable, piece of mind so nowbody sees my vin. just make sure you make it neat or it will look like ****.
Old May 25, 2006, 01:39 PM
Account Disabled

My brother went to prison for GTA. He just got out last year. He was professionally stealing many cars and having them chopped. He's stolen cars MUCH harder then the Evo. The Evo is simple to steal. A benz with a laser ignition system(It has no key blade its just a fob that inserts into the dash), or a BMW with the fob-insertion Push-button ignition, is MUCH harder. He's taken many expensive cars, Porsche's, etc. They actually have skull keys for cars like your's. Think about it, if you lock your keys in your car, the tow man can easily come help you get into it, how much more effort could possibly be involved in starting it?
Old May 25, 2006, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle safety/deterant shouldnt be discussed in an open forum. use your PMs

please close this thread!!
Old May 25, 2006, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

one can make a fuel pump relay cut off switch which can be installed in some clever hidden spot in the interior OR on the exterior. I installed mine right near the...crap im not supposed to say...

anyway it will make the theif take the time to look for it, or try to rip apart the dash and bypass it. either way an extra minute of not being able to start the car can perhaps be enough for the theif to be spotted, so being a $10 feature its def worth it.
Old May 25, 2006, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goBYeBYe
Vehicle safety/deterant shouldnt be discussed in an open forum. use your PMs

please close this thread!!
???

Anyways here is an example. I took my friend to court so that he can take care if a ticket on Hill and washington in L.A. We got there at 10:00am. I had my spec v at the time. I parked on the street across from the courthouse, not even 1/4 block down the street. There was a LAPD mobile command unit up the street. Surprisingly Spec V's have a better alarm than the evo, Open the hood or the trunk and the alarm goes off. Well we got out of court at 10:30am and as I walked to my car I saw glass on the sidewalk and my dvd player movies have all been jacked. There was a guy who walked out when the alarm went off thought they were working on it because he saw one of them working under the hood (disconnecting the horn) so he thought nothing of it. So there you go, in 30 minutes I got jacked in broad daylight. Oh and surprisingly they were trying to hotwire the car, I learned that there is a whole bunch of wires hooked up to my hazard light and if wired right it actually turns on the car. and that with the Immobilizer but with out the keys they didn't have time to break the steering wheel lock. Go figure
Old May 25, 2006, 02:55 PM

Okay let me explain something, i've been a mechanic for sometime now, and worked at honda for a bit. let me explain to you how the system works, it's called an imobilizer, what is it? basically it's a chip planted in your key that sends a signal to the ignition which has a receiver when the ignition is turned on, but it doesn't stop there, there are more parts to the imobilizer, it is controlled in your ecu. Back in the day, you could swap out ecu's and start the car easily, but now the difference is, most older ecu's won't start a newer car anyways, so it doesn't matter. There are ways to bypass the imobilizer on honda's, but it's temporary and it's very hard to get the code, even at the dealership. There's tricks with the handbrake and using the ignition to plug in a code, to get the car to start like five times with out imobilizer. as far as mitsu's, i'm not sure, case in point, you don't really need to worry about your car being hot wired, it's very hard to do it. Does that mean your car is safe, NO, why? cause i use to have a type r, it had an immobilizer, to bypass the immobilizer with my alarm on it would take an minimun of atleast ten minutes to do, cause i had it pretty secure, i built a couple of things. Did that stop my car from being jacked? nope, why? flat bed truck, no car in the world is safe from being jacked. they flat bedded my car in a matter of minutes, and stupid camera's can't see who it was. they stripped it and threw it off the back of the flat bed when done with it, onto the freeway, a local small one, not a major one. so case in point, no car is safe, but you are pretty safe from hot wiring.
Old May 25, 2006, 03:03 PM

Ever see those towtrucks repo guys use? They have two claw looking things that extend from the back of the truck and grab the wheels. It then lifts the car up and parking brake or not they drag the car right outta there. Couple blocks away a flatbed is waiting. VIOLA! No more car.

Quick Reply: Hotwiring the IX??????