Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Hmm.. What mods to do this summer?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2006, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm.. What mods to do this summer?

Hello all, I am gonna need some suggestions and recommendations on what to get next.. I am already saving up for a clutch kit, but still not sure of which one I want.. I want to get a strong enough clutch to maybe hold about 400 whp or so because thats all I want.. I might do a flywheel while I am at it as well.. Should I get the stock exhaust manifold and o2 housing ported and slap a 10.5 hotside on?? Because I am going to only upgrade to at least a 20g or a 6.5 tme.. As for suspension, I am getting my eibach's put on soon, I just need suggestions on what type of new rear/front strut bars and maybe a rear trunk bar.. As for looks, I am in need of suggestions as well, something that will make my car look better, but not too costly.. I was thinking getting an extra set of stock wheel and getting them powder coated glossy black, maybe evo 7 or mr tails... I am still unsure though and open for suggestions, any feedback will be greatly appreciated 8- )
Old May 25, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You said "AT LEAST" a 20g or 6.5 tme. Did you mean at most? You won't do a 10.5 if you get either of those, because they already include a 10.5, but with any of those choices, I do suggest porting/coating the stock manifold and 10.5 while adding an aftermarket coated tubular SS o2 housing.

Eibachs? Reconsider that one.

All those "bars" are not necessary and likely won't make a bit of difference to you. Use the money towards the cams in your sig and then some alky. If you want 400whp, you're going to need alky anyway.

Don't base your clutch off WHP - base it off WTQ, because that's what really matters. Expect to spend around $1500 when all is said and done with the clutch parts and install, and that's only if you get a cheap single disk.
Old May 25, 2006, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

I was gonna get hotchkiss, but they were all sold out when I purchased my Eibachs.. .. I haven't got them in yet.. Are they bad springs or something??
Old May 25, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, they're not great, but just doing springs is really only for looks anyway. They won't improve handling much, if at all, which is the point of doing suspension upgrades.
Old May 25, 2006, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Underbody neons!
Old May 25, 2006, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

sell me your exhaust
Old May 25, 2006, 06:58 PM
Account Disabled

i would get alcky injection.....and maybe something to tune with (wideband and utec or something similar or maybe aem ems....... but thats just my .02

-nick
Old May 25, 2006, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

cusco excedy clutch system, tried it myself, its one of the best!
check out the ralliart front lip spoiler..gives the car an even more aggresive look!
Old May 25, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know much about alcohol injection.. Is it safe for the vehicle?? Also is it always in use, i.e. do you fill it up all the time to drive the car around normally or not? Besides the underbody neons, everything else sounds pretty good 8- ) Thanks