Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Does your car feel slow??

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2006, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also thought it was my car. It just doesnt feel the same, that is why Im getting ready to do the Vishnu Stage 1 plus in the next 2 months after Im done with the Suspension and Exterior.

Anyone have an opinion about Vishnu stage 1 plus vs Bushur 330?

G
Old May 26, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The first time I saw an evo at the dealership I test drove it and bought it the same day. There were three people in the car and I though it pulled so hard. The next day I was driving it and was like "it isn't anything like it was yesterday". Then a year later I got a reflash and it was cool again for a few weeks. Now I don't think I'll ever be satisfied.
Old May 26, 2006, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

like said, you're just used to it. it'll happen no matter what. my hope is i can avoid this by doing small upgrades that still pack a punch each year. this year, for example, has been TBE and reflash. next year will be intake, mbc, fuel pump, bov, maybe some other small things. year after cams and gears. etc... until i need a new turbo, that way i won't have spent $5k on parts and be bored with it in less than a year, each year it'll feel like a different car. so far so good, i'm quite pleased with the TBE and reflash, but i'm sure by this time next year i'll be bored of it
Old May 26, 2006, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
buy a old honda civic and drive that for a week if not more, then get into the evo and hold on.
Old May 26, 2006, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by j3ffw19
buy a old honda civic and drive that for a week if not more, then get into the evo and hold on.
+1, drive ANY other vehicle for that matter
Old May 26, 2006, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

haha my daily driver is an automatic 92 prelude si, so basically when I hop in the evo im like OHHHHHHHHHH YEHHHHHHHHHH BOYEEEEEEEEE hahaha. I used to feel that way when I would drive my gsx around alot it just felt slow until I threw alot of money into it, now it just freaks me out everytime i drive it. lol
Old May 26, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

2 cars before my EVO was 2002 RSX-S modded and i had very low HP compared to my EVO but it made you believe that it was a fast car than it actually is.

I guess that why HONDA guys have that hard look on there face. VVVVTTTEEECCCC
Old May 26, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

What I need is a AMS Built 2.3 GT37R kit.
Old May 26, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

will make car feel fast again once I get my new clutch kit and cams installed?? Because I hope it does
Old May 26, 2006, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

This thread is so tru!
Old May 26, 2006, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Dont drive it for about 2 weeks, then jump back into it. You'll damn near kill yourself
Old May 26, 2006, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

for real!! Every single day this car drives differently. I deliberately drive an hour early to work - just so I can get the cold air power. Even late at night, it's a different animal.

IMHO, the best thing to do is to drive ANY other car for a couple of days, hours... then jump back to your beloved. You realize how special the Evo is, LOVE that feeling!

but I feel that we are all saying something really profound in this thread.

The evo MAKES u a better person. Here's why.
1) the thing is a monster, you learn QUICKLY about respect;
2) you drive it scared out of your mind for about two months, you just gained awareness;
3) you get used to the power - develop an understanding of the beast, form a mutual bond - then you drive it like you stole it. You just sprouted confidence.
all these lessons have made me an infinitely better person.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

i actually drive an '85 Honda CRX daily with a 1.5L motor putting out about 95 hp or so. when back in the evo at full boost, i get that great nervous feeling again, but driving around both cars normally everywhere, they feel pretty much the same oddly. actually, the crx is quite nimble and feels like it gets off the line a bit quicker (not launching of course).
Old May 26, 2006, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by deepee1
.......IMHO, the best thing to do is to drive ANY other car for a couple of days, hours... then jump back to your beloved....
I had to drop my car of at the stealership a while ago. They let me take one of thier lancer Es to work. It was about a 70 mile round trip. By the time I back in my EVO I could not belive how different it was!! Clutch stif and responsive, steering was tight, Suspesion felt good, turbo kicked me i n the *** every time it spooled...It was the best drive ever!!!!

I would say one of the best feel good mods ever is to go rent a Lancer ES for a day!! Your EVO will be 10x faster next time you drive it!!
Old May 26, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

LOL, I was given a Hyundai Sante Fe as a loaner for two days... I hated that car with a passion. Was my first time away from the Evo - I swear, i must have been clinically depressed!!!

What also feels great is the silky feeling after an oil change. (!)

I got my K&N drop-in this week and that was totally awesome. Completely worth the money.

Quick Reply: Does your car feel slow??