Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

whats up with Z-1 performance?? (not good)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2006, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by South Side Evo
This is what happened. I order a part from Z-1 Performance, it took 3 months before it arrived, and when it did arrive it was damaged. Z-1 Performance said they don't a replacement, and will issue a refund only after their claim with UPS has gone through, which will take another month or more. Here's the problem, legally their insurance claim with UPS has nothing to do with me (they can't hold my refund hostage against their claim. ie if UPS deny their claim because of poor packaging, does it mean I don't get my refund?), and they should have issued a refund the moment UPS picked up the part. They didn't, and they kept on telling me it's not their policy, even though their policy is not legal. This went back and forth for a couple of weeks, before I contacted my credit card company. Chase also stated the non-legality of Z-1 Performance action, in their attempt to withhold my refund as an insurance against their insurance claim with another company. Hence, my credit card took care of the problem.

Keep in mind, this part was never installed on the car. It was damaged from the get go, and the refund should have been issued immediately, instead of Z-1 Performance trying to make me financialy liable for something I have nothing to do with. If that isnt shady, I don't know what is.

Pray your part doesn't arrived damaged, because you may have to go through the same crap as I did.
So wait you joined here in April, that is not even three months ago?
You found Z1 not through this site and then joined here?
Old May 29, 2006, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do you guys care if someone has a problem with a so called great vendor. Not everyone is perfect at all times.

Last edited by lil'evil_evo; May 29, 2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old May 29, 2006, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by timzcat
So wait you joined here in April, that is not even three months ago?
You found Z1 not through this site and then joined here?
Do you really think evom is Z1's only protal to customers on the www
Old May 29, 2006, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

I've been reading this site for a long time, but didn't decide to post till April.
Old May 29, 2006, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by k270kmh
Bad experience here.
Z1 does not accept international credit cards.

Ok, then I tried to solve asking my friend that is US resident to buy from Z1, USA credit card. They did not accept his credit card just because he would send the part for me. Until today I did not understand this attitude.

I bought from another store... problem solved!

Its called credit card theft. How does it prove that you were not using a stolen CC. He runs a business so look at it in his eyes. If it had been a stolen CC and he sent it to an address other than what the billing address is it would be his loss. So you really don't have a legit complaint.
Old May 29, 2006, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Grod101
Its called credit card theft. How does it prove that you were not using a stolen CC. He runs a business so look at it in his eyes. If it had been a stolen CC and he sent it to an address other than what the billing address is it would be his loss. So you really don't have a legit complaint.
I don't think you understand. Let's say you and I are close friends and you are out of the country. I use my credit card and my billing address only to help you (my friend) out. I will then ship you your goods overseas or whatever. I would be the one taking the risk unless you (my friend) already paid me for your parts. Does that make sense?
Old May 29, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
Do you really think evom is Z1's only protal to customers on the www
Mind your own business. I suspect he has more then 1 id on this site.
Old May 30, 2006, 02:27 AM

z-1

I bought a set of morette headlights from Z-1 performance as a part of group buy a few years ago back when I had a WRX. He did sound a little rough on the phone but delivered on time and the price was killer. As a matter of fact, the price was so good , that I was able to sell these lights for a premium 3 years later when I sold my WRX. Excellent service and great prices. I would definetly recomend his business.
-alex
Old May 30, 2006, 03:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

The person who started this thread is the kind of customer who prob give's Adam headaches and makes his day miserable

Originally Posted by Rollaway
Hmm.. maybe there was some mis-communication somewhere...

SilverMRGrl... If you have any questions I will gladly help you out in any way. When/If you ever decide on calling the shop again just ask for Gerard (Me)

RoLLaWaY- evom
Z1AuTo EvO- AIM
gerard@z1auto.com - email

Perfect example of how bad and good customer service. Notice how a good customer service person in Z-1 replies versus.... you get it.
Old May 30, 2006, 03:26 AM
Evolving Member

When I 1st time call Z-1 it was about 2-3 years ago. I pretty sure it was Adam.. I got cusco v1-v2 arm bar from him. Ever since then I have never order any parts from Z-1 anymore! Just because of the "VOICE" still part of coustermer service.
Sorry for what I said~
Old May 30, 2006, 03:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
I don't think you understand. Let's say you and I are close friends and you are out of the country. I use my credit card and my billing address only to help you (my friend) out. I will then ship you your goods overseas or whatever. I would be the one taking the risk unless you (my friend) already paid me for your parts. Does that make sense?

I understand but you don't understand how CC and business's work. I see adams point on this. If he wanted it that bad why did he just paypal him. Problem solved!
Old May 30, 2006, 04:47 AM
Evolving Member

I have dealt with Adam from Z1- Performance and he is a man of his word.. Delivery on time and he will do anything to help you out.. Just send him a PM and I am sure he will help you out...
Old Jun 1, 2006, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dubai_EvoVII
I have dealt with Adam from Z1- Performance and he is a man of his word.. Delivery on time and he will do anything to help you out.. Just send him a PM and I am sure he will help you out...
Unfortunately, this is not the case.

LOL...one of the moderator is extremely desparate, and has delete this comment twice already. Someone doesn't want the truth to be known.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by South Side Evo
Unfortunately, this is not the case.

LOL...one of the moderator is extremely desparate, and has delete this comment
twice already. Someone doesn't want the truth to be known.
Yeah so you keep posting it over and over?

Unfortunately, this is not the case. As posted in your previous post is not a useful post. You stated your case earlier, and just quoting anyones good experience and saying "it is not true" is what we like to call "trolling".

We all get the point, you don't like Z1.
Move on.

Last edited by timzcat; Jun 1, 2006 at 11:53 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

It's all about people's experience with certain vendors. Just because you feel differently, it doesn't mean other people (first hand) experience is invalid. My experience from Z-1 Performance is they didn't deliver on time, they were far from being helpful, and they tried to pull some illegal stuff. In addition, to delete comment you don't like and only keep the ones you do (even though its on topic and doesn't fall under belligerent post), is bias, and make it appear you are on the take from Z-1 Performance. Honestly, I'm surprised by your actions, from all I've read on this forum, moderators do not censor comments, unless they are off topic and belligerent. Why have a forum, if it is no longer an exchange of experiences and ideas (to your liking or not)?

Last edited by South Side Evo; Jun 2, 2006 at 10:08 AM.

Quick Reply: whats up with Z-1 performance?? (not good)