Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

TurboXS BOV

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2006, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So you didn't want help. You just randomly wanted to know how a particular BOV works regardless of whether your current BOV is better or not. Ok, sure thing, I believe that! Carry on with your random questions and good luck ruining your IX.
Old May 26, 2006, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AMSTuning.com
Turbosmart Dual Port.....I ran it as a dual port, now as a full VTA since I went speed density, and it's been flawless. Sounds great as long as you like them loud.

From their website:

EVO Dual Port

Part Number: FG-BOV-EVODP

Three BOVs in one. The Dual Port can be configured to vent to the atmosphere, back into the air intake or both! Road-legal Plumb Back system, Supersonic for the race track, or Dual Port for the best of both worlds. Fits Mitsubishi EVO VI, VII and VIII

Cory
So not for the IX

Also, any sound clips????
Old May 26, 2006, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

hardy har.. you guys are to funny.
Old May 27, 2006, 07:33 AM
Former Sponsor

The Turbosmart works like a champ on the 9's. We've installed several with great success.

Sorry, no sound clips at the moment.
Old May 27, 2006, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Ok now lets stop the arguing. I had the forge type RS and it was a great BOV but the little ricer in me wanted more sound so I switched to the Turbosmart dual port and i'm happy. At low RPM's she's very subtle and at hight RPM's she has a nice whip to her. I'm happy with mine.
Old May 27, 2006, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

This is a funny thread. I had a TXs DV that sucked so bad I bought one off a IX.
Since I have used the TXs I can tell you you'll either flutter like crazy or leak. I started out with 7 washers in it and got flutter. kept taking washers out 'till the flutter went away. I think I got down to 4. I thought it was doing great. Then just for the heck of it I tried the IX bov. Boost went up 3 psi. I could never find sweet spot for the TXs. Now I'll have alky soon so I picked up a forge.
Old May 27, 2006, 10:08 AM

Just joined here.
As far as i know, stock BOV is designed to work very efficiently to engine.
And all aftermarket BOV are designed to make a whistle sound by letting certain amount of air out. And that cause misleading ECU, while ECU is programmed to stock BOV.
Misleading ECU will make engine to high gas usage, and eventually, it will lead to loose power of engine.
Correct me if i got it wrong.

Last edited by ts_mr2; May 27, 2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old May 27, 2006, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
So you didn't want help. You just randomly wanted to know how a particular BOV works regardless of whether your current BOV is better or not. Ok, sure thing, I believe that! Carry on with your random questions and good luck ruining your IX.
warr that ain't help, you do the same thign you always do when going into a thread, HUH? BOV? OH I HAVE TO SAY MY PIECE< BLAH BLAH BLAH, there ya go man, always insulting cause we aren't asking about buscher or your other sponsers, oh cause warr has it that way, that means we have to follow him, blah blah blah, whatever, and i was laughing my *** off, when you said turbo xs was only vta, hahahahaha, is it possible, god himself can make a mistake? and then to go off and try to cover it up with, "most people REFER, or are TALKKING" hahahaha, nice cover, anyways yeah he asked for help, but sometimes, just think sir, sometimes, WE DON"T WANT YOUR ADVICE, cause it's usually negative. Now go ahead and write something back, that's just going to incriminate me, and blah blah blah, cause i'm not coming back to this post anyways, so i won't know. so have fun wasting your time, i just had fun wasting mine.
Old May 27, 2006, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

how do say his advice is usually negative,he.s helped more people on this sight than just about anyone else and he knows what he,s talking about. and he wasnt pushing sales for his sponsers,he also recommended an aps bov(DV) which doesnt sponser him.he is just trying to help the guy by telling him the truth what will work.
Old May 27, 2006, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

just getting back on topic.. warr is right though, there is no need to waste money to replace a part that works so well. Most people dont boost more than 25psi, and the stock unit will hold fine while retaining perfect drivability, why would you want to make your car buck and stutter for no reason. Aftermarket bov s hold more psi because they are much tighter, and that causes drivability issues. Kep the stock one and enjoy smooth mid corner throttle on s and offs and partial throttle smoothness. Plus you save money too.
Old May 27, 2006, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vishnu_Evo8
just getting back on topic.. warr is right though, there is no need to waste money to replace a part that works so well. Most people dont boost more than 25psi, and the stock unit will hold fine while retaining perfect drivability, why would you want to make your car buck and stutter for no reason. Aftermarket bov s hold more psi because they are much tighter, and that causes drivability issues. Kep the stock one and enjoy smooth mid corner throttle on s and offs and partial throttle smoothness. Plus you save money too.
DITTO