Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

TurboXS BOV

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2006, 12:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TurboXS BOV

Does anyone have a TuboXS BOV, if so, how does it perform, any complaints?
Old May 26, 2006, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your stock aluminum DV is far better and costs you nothing.
Old May 26, 2006, 12:39 PM
Account Disabled

I'm sure the TurboXS BOV will be more efficient if I exceed 400whp. Since that is the suggested limit of the stock DV, yet the TurboXS BOV is guaranteed to 600whp
Old May 26, 2006, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Um, BOV efficiency has nothing to do with WHP, so I don't know where you got those numbers. What matters is the amount of boost you run. Your stocker can handle 24-25psi all day without leaking, and it will perform perfectly without any change in drivability or idle. The TXS is VTA and is not recommended for the Evo. If you plan to have 600whp, which would require a huge turbo running huge boost, then get some other upgraded BOV like the Forge RS or the APS. If you're sticking with the stock turbo, then don't mess with a good thing.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

I have the TurboXS recirc. It performs fine. Did I NEED to get it? No. Is it BETTER with it? No. Do I like how it sounds? *sigh* yes. That's why I got it. It sounds good. So no, no problems with mine.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

My buddy has tried to modify almost everthing that he could on his Evo (including the contraversial thing's such as a typhoon intake and bov) and after all of that money spent... he would have had a more efficient machine (power wise) if he would have left good enough alone. He said that it's been tuned for those mods. My Evo only has two mods (tbe and tune) and it's faster sadly enough... but that's another story. Fight the desire for vain things... stick to the proven performance parts.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:28 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Um, BOV efficiency has nothing to do with WHP, so I don't know where you got those numbers. What matters is the amount of boost you run. Your stocker can handle 24-25psi all day without leaking, and it will perform perfectly without any change in drivability or idle. The TXS is VTA and is not recommended for the Evo. If you plan to have 600whp, which would require a huge turbo running huge boost, then get some other upgraded BOV like the Forge RS or the APS. If you're sticking with the stock turbo, then don't mess with a good thing.
Know before you think, buddy. There's a Diverter/Bypass Valve available from TurboXS, not just Vent To Atmosphere. Stop assuming things, it makes you seem less intelligent. Everytime someone posts something regarding tuning you come in arguing about it. You tell people how bad their decisions are, but I find it funny that all your advice is based on things your sponsorships sell. Stop being your sponsors dog and trying to sell us their parts. Just because they sponsor you doesn't mean their equipment is superior to all. When you have some overly powerful Evo that outhandles and outperforms 90% of the Evo's on the road AND/OR have a degree in engineering, I might appreciate your arguments more. All-knowing enforcer of sponsorships.

http://www.machevo.com/turabyva.html

Last edited by ultraist; May 26, 2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Please don't let this turn into another warrtalon thread. please don't. The guy pulls his weight around here and his car is no slouch. just leave it at that.

I have the recirc BOV you speak of.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

I hope that I didn't make you mad by what I said mang... I was just relaying what I saw. Man, Warr has pissed you off. Whoah nelly!

Last edited by Mmelmann; May 26, 2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ultraist
Know before you think, buddy. There's a Diverter/Bypass Valve available from TurboXS, not just Vent To Atmosphere. Stop assuming things, it makes you seem less intelligent. Everytime someone posts something regarding tuning you come in arguing about it. You tell people how bad their decisions are, but I find it funny that all your advice is based on things your sponsorships sell. Stop being your sponsors dogs and trying to sell us their parts. Just because they sponsor you doesn't mean their equipment is superior to all. When you have some overly powerful Evo that outhandles and outperforms 90% of the Evo's on the road AND/OR have a degree in engineering, I might appreciate your arguments more. All-knowing enforcer of sponsorships.
Yap, yap, yap. You're the one asking stupid questions constantly. Don't go off on me just because you are too lazy to search. When people refer to the TXS BOV, they usually are referring to the VTA. You did not specify, yet you tell me not to assume. How am I supposed know if you don't specify? Think about it...

As for my sponsorships, you have a lot to learn, kid. I have been doing the same thing since before I was sponsored - nothing has changed. I only recommend parts that I believe in. I went and sought sponsorships for parts I believed in, and I do not suggest anything that I do not think is the best. I started by suggesting that you stick with your stocker, so how does that have anything to do with my sponsors? I'm trying to save you money and hassle. Also, I suggested 2 aftermarket parts to you, and one was not a sponsor of mine, so how do you explain that? I'm just trying to help you get the best parts for the least money with the highest performance and best drivability.

Btw, I already do out-perform more than 90% of the Evos I race against, so not sure what you meant there. There's no reason for you to go to the TXS BOV in place of your stocker. I'm not sure why you'd even consider it.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Turbosmart Dual Port.....I ran it as a dual port, now as a full VTA since I went speed density, and it's been flawless. Sounds great as long as you like them loud.

From their website:

EVO Dual Port

Part Number: FG-BOV-EVODP

Three BOVs in one. The Dual Port can be configured to vent to the atmosphere, back into the air intake or both! Road-legal Plumb Back system, Supersonic for the race track, or Dual Port for the best of both worlds. Fits Mitsubishi EVO VI, VII and VIII

Cory
Old May 26, 2006, 01:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yap, yap, yap. You're the one asking stupid questions constantly. Don't go off on me just because you are too lazy to search. When people refer to the TXS BOV, they usually are referring to the VTA. You did not specify, yet you tell me not to assume. How am I supposed know if you don't specify? Think about it...

As for my sponsorships, you have a lot to learn, kid. I have been doing the same thing since before I was sponsored - nothing has changed. I only recommend parts that I believe in. I went and sought sponsorships for parts I believed in, and I do not suggest anything that I do not think is the best. I started by suggesting that you stick with your stocker, so how does that have anything to do with my sponsors? I'm trying to save you money and hassle. Also, I suggested 2 aftermarket parts to you, and one was not a sponsor of mine, so how do you explain that? I'm just trying to help you get the best parts for the least money with the highest performance and best drivability.

Btw, I already do out-perform more than 90% of the Evos I race against, so not sure what you meant there. There's no reason for you to go to the TXS BOV in place of your stocker. I'm not sure why you'd even consider it.

You should've known TurboXS made a Diverter Valve before you made an arrogant statement. You made a Declaration about it NOT being a diverter valve. You ASSUMED that I was going to buy a VTA TurboXS Valve. That was the assumption you conciously made to declare, so it wasn't about you knowing or not knowing, you shouldn't have declared it if you didn't know, that is pure ignorance. Furthermore, you come into threads telling people what they should get and how they shouldn't do this and that. Have you tested a TurboXS Bypass Valve? It appears not. Should you have, maybe your conclusions based on your THEORIES and ASSUMPTIONS about a product you didn't even know existed would be better taken. Nonetheless, I never inquired about whether or not I should get the TurboXS Bypass Valve. I never asked if I should keep the stocker. Yet you come in here, ignorantly declaring things, giving me answers that I didn't even inquire. The thread is not titled TurboXS BOV vs Stock. It was a thread inquiring whether or not the TurboXS BOV was satisfactory to those who used it, get your eyes examined.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Ok not flaming anybody here at all, but why would you say this
Originally Posted by ultraist
Furthermore, you come into threads telling people what they should get and how they shouldn't do this and that.
after asking for help? isn't that what you asked for?
Old May 26, 2006, 01:51 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Assassin
Ok not flaming anybody here at all, but why would you say this

after asking for help? isn't that what you asked for?
Last I checked(and I am flaming someone) I asked this `` Does anyone have a TuboXS BOV, if so, how does it perform, any complaints?`` WHERE in that question does it SAY " I need your help. ", or " Please tell me if I should keep my stock DV. `` NO WHERE in that question did I ask for help in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Ok man whatever you say. My allergy pill is whoopin my *** so I don't have any energy to argue with you. Wasn't my intent anywayz. You're too disgruntle. Just calm down.

Quick Reply: TurboXS BOV