Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Shepherd Transmisson

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant wait for my tranny to blow so I can send it to him.... wait that dont sound right!
Old May 26, 2006, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WrX Kila
I cant wait for my tranny to blow so I can send it to him.... wait that dont sound right!

Old May 27, 2006, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by josep1001
How did your clutch mess up you tranny???
it wasnt the clutch it was the installer...................ill be doing all the work with a few friends this time to make sure it gets done right
Old May 27, 2006, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nesiop
You Rem and Cryo treat it?

Also when did you send it out? He has had mine for a week with no damage too my knowledge but hasn't touched it... I can't wait for mine too though.
sorry didnt know how to double quote in one post.

I didnt go woth cryo gears because at the time i didnt have that kinda of money and he said it takes about 3-4 weeks. I really couldnt go that long with out my car just because i didnt want to hitch rides and rent a car for a month. I sent it out to him last thursday got there on monday and he called me on thursday and shipped it out friday. If that makes any sense.
Old May 27, 2006, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

My tranny and t-case is there as we speak. I am doing a full build with rem/cryo in both the tranny and t-case. Also installing a Mitsu LSD since the Quaife is backordered for about a month.

I've driven a shep trans before and it's nothing like the stocker, smooth as butter.
Old May 27, 2006, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

You Rem and Cryo treat it?

Also when did you send it out? He has had mine for a week with no damage too my knowledge but hasn't touched it... I can't wait for mine too though.
When i was at his shop on wednesday let me tell you what i saw... On the left side nothing but transmissions, then on the left to middle side a lot of tcases. lets just say hes got a lot of work, BUT atleast he is taking his time and doing the quality work he has always been known for!

Steve
Old May 27, 2006, 08:06 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AutobonEvo
I was unlucky enough to blow my tranny after a recent clutch installment (which turned out not to be my fault but i wont get into that!) Anyways i shipped my transmission out to Mr. John Shepherd, for a 800 dollar rebuild. I called him before hand and he took me through each stage of tranny's they have, and which would be good for my particular HP and my driven style. He also asked me about future mods and where i wanted to be in terms of HP in the future . After we agreed that the 800 set up was the best one for me, i shipped my transmission out to him. Well a few days later he gave me a call saying the whole thing was in ALOT worse shape then he thought . He took me through several options of what i could do and kept the cost as low as possible. He also replaced a few things that he had to go out of his way and get and gave me an awesome deal. He kept me updated with several phone calls on the status of my transmission and told me exactly what he was doing. Once my tranny was done today he borught me through everything again made sure we agreed to the terms. After i agreed he took payment and gave me my tracking number! Man i cant wait to get it.

So a huge thank you to john and everybody at shepherd transmission who helped out, you guys are very very professional and stand up guys.

www.shepTrans.com
Not only is his customer service the best in the buisinmess but when you get the trans back you will swear he put a BMW trans in there it will shift so smoothly

Shep trans is the best !
Old May 28, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
my car is there as we speak for Tcase, and tranny upgrade. John is a class act and by far the best vendor i have met in person. Stand up guy, and very fun to talk to. Not to mention this guy KNOWS what he is doing.

Steve
+1. Shepherd hooked up my trans real nice. The rebuild was worth every penny. Great customer service. He really went out of his way to help me out.
Old May 28, 2006, 09:02 AM

My trans from Shep was well worth the money.
Old May 28, 2006, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

I had him rebuild my Old GSX transmission, and he is by far the best. Have never heard anything bad about him, and I would recommend him to anybody needing help with there transmission or T-case.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Great to hear, keep us updated
Old Jun 1, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Mine is at the Rem and Cryo place now, he said he should have it back next week and finish it up so could have it next Friday or beginning of the following week.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$800 for a rbld is cheap so don't feel bad it went over the phone estimate. I did my DSM 5 spd myself and spent ~$600 in parts at 30% off list. This was for all new bearings, synchros, shims, etc, and no gears. The parts are not cheap, but not ridiculous- they just add up.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Mine is at the Rem and Cryo place now, he said he should have it back next week and finish it up so could have it next Friday or beginning of the following week.

Thats where my stuff is also. I guess its a race to see who gets theirs first.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Thats awesome to hear some feedback about Shep's work and service. If my tcase or trans ever goes out...he's definitely going to get my business.

Quick Reply: Shepherd Transmisson