Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Shepherd Transmisson

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2006, 04:07 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boostd4
Thats awesome to hear some feedback about Shep's work and service. If my tcase or trans ever goes out...he's definitely going to get my business.
Same here.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

hey guys, im puttin in the tranny tonight with forum04pl, and WickedWhiteRS ill let you know how she drives tomorrow or saturday!
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AutobonEvo
hey guys, im puttin in the tranny tonight with forum04pl, and WickedWhiteRS ill let you know how she drives tomorrow or saturday!
Awesome can't wait let us know how she is after break-in as thats when you notice the differences the most. I should have mine back in the next few days.

Steve
Old Jun 3, 2006, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
Awesome can't wait let us know how she is after break-in as thats when you notice the differences the most. I should have mine back in the next few days.

Steve
He said I may have mine by next Friday, and I would install saturday. If not then, that monday and I would install it after that.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Well... HERE GOES!

People asked for the run down of how the tranny felt and the tcase.. Well I can't tell you....

Today my tranny came from UPS my tcase was supposed to come from Fedex but with the insurance being high it needed a sig no matter what and I was not home so I can;t even get it. It is at a self service station so have to wait till monday....

Unfortunately even though I woulda been pushed back a week since the shop I would work at closes at 6 and we don't wanna work till 2-3 am to do it... That is not the bad part...

I opened the tranny box when I got home... and found that the little gray foam things used weren't packed well nor the box itself. It appears UPS dropped it...Multiple times... See pics below..

I am not blaming Shepard at all, I sent him an email and called and hopefully we can get this resolved... My car has been out of commision for a little over two months now though and I have a feeling with this claim and what not I will be carless for the summer...

Please see attached link for pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/myphot...ecurity=eoATaT
Old Jun 23, 2006, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Omfg!!! At least it is insured, just buy a brand new tranny
Old Jun 23, 2006, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
StanNot to mention this guy KNOWS what he is doing.

Steve
7.90s at 180mph in an AWD DSM.. yeah he knows EXACTLY what he's doing! He is incredibly knowledgable and an incredible drag racer.

Hopefully I wont HAVE to ever send my transmission to him though!
Old Jun 23, 2006, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

the tranny is in but i bent the shifter cable...but it feels VERY SOLID......ones the cable is in i will let you know how smooth it it.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Id like to say I had a pleasant experience with john sheppard but i have saved emails proving otherwise.

when my transmission went, i first thought of him. i called him over the weekend and left a voicemail. he never returned my call (at all). on monday or tuesday i emailed telling him my situation and that i'd heard good things about him and his work. he took a long time replying and said he was busy but he'd been meaning to call me. i asked him how much the rebuild would be and he gave me a vague answer about how much the last one he did would be, but what does that mean? he doesn't have the same stuff done as me. i asked him how we were supposed to ship the tranny out since we'd never done anything like that before. he ignored my emails for a few days and ignored emails from my mechanic as well. he gets a big rude thumbs down from me. awful customer service was my experience.

i'd be glad to post emails on monday when i get back to work if anyone is intrested.

TRE won my business with instantly being intrested in helping me out and giving me detailed information on what to do, how to do it, and even help getting a box with foam inside to ship it out there. his email was very professional and not rude or blunt at all.

i should have my transmission back from him shortly. i'll keep you guys posted on that as well.

TRE was my second choice but im glad i went with them. they even offer a 6 month warranty with their work
Old Jun 23, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Thats odd, when i called John he was easy to get ahold of, answered all of my questions exactly. After we talked on email and the phone for awhile i told him i'd bring my car in. As soon as i got there he gave me a tour of his shop and explained to me and showed me what was being done. All i know is i give him 5 stars.

Maybe you just caught him at a really busy time of the year. When i was there he had about 15 Tcases, and 10 trannies he had to work on. Not to mention he has about 5 ready to ship out (of both tranny and tcase)

Now about the work, its worth every penny, he did a great job and quick one. No noise, no unexpected problems nothing.

Steve
Old Jun 23, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

I called Shep before, he's a really nice guy to talk to. I told him I was a big fan =)

I decided not to go with him, because I didn't know at the time TurboTrix did transmissions.

I would definitely recommend Sheppard though, he seems like a stand up guy.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Like I said before, this is not anything about John... My stuff took a little longer then expected but he would shoot me emails or call to let me know. We even had convos at like 1 or 2 am with him still working...

I am just upset because by the time the claim goes through with UPS, new tranny, work redone, and reinstalled it will be the end of the summer...

My Evo will not get driven one day this summer... And I am just waiting on the call or email back for this to see what will truly happen.......
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
I called Shep before, he's a really nice guy to talk to. I told him I was a big fan =)

I decided not to go with him, because I didn't know at the time TurboTrix did transmissions.

I would definitely recommend Sheppard though, he seems like a stand up guy.
What the hell is wrong with your car now lol
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Nothing is wrong with it....I tore the trans up on my first run of the season, and had Bean fix it.

That's the expirience I'm talking about.

Honestly that was the only problem with my car since I've had it....only real problem anyway.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

I have a TRE trans and i am loving every shift.
please be aware that the trans DOES take time to break in.

Quick Reply: Shepherd Transmisson