Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

invidia o2 housing question

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
invidia o2 housing question

just a quick question for anyone that ordered invidia o2 housing.. did it come with any bolts or gasket? because mine came in with just the unit and 2 decals... am i suppose to use my stock bolts and "gasket" ??? i couldn't get a hold of the vendor so if someone could help me out real quick
Old May 27, 2006, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

To be smart I would never reuse the same gaskets, you have to buy new ones. I always replace bolts on the exhaust system every time they are removed, but thats just me.
Old May 27, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

ya..i know its not a good idea to reuse stock ones.. i alway replace it with new ones too but the o2 housing didn't come with anything..so just wondering if they forgot it or is it like that..

and while you guys are at it..i don't want to flood the forum with my thread... when i got my car from mitsubishi for engine repair... about 3 weeks later when i was cleanin my car.. i noticed this piece was hiding under my passenger side seat..i have no idea does it belong on my car or it something else.. someone help me out

Old May 27, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

I know I have seen that piece somewhere before. I just cant remember. Oh yeah that goes in your wheel well, Its a plastic shroud, I think its for an EVO?
Old May 27, 2006, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

If you take apart the stock o2 housing, you will see the gasket can be reused, it's pure metal.......
Old May 27, 2006, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Yup, that plastic piece goes in your passenger side wheel well.
I think that cutout in the plastic piece lines up directly over the cranshaft pulley bolt.
You need to pull the wheel/tire off to put back on.
Old May 27, 2006, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

thanks..man..damn...dealership just left that piece under my seat...now i have to put it back..oh well..no complaints.. thanks!
Old May 28, 2006, 01:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kf6ytc
If you take apart the stock o2 housing, you will see the gasket can be reused, it's pure metal.......
I dont care if its made of metal, gaskets are cheap and should never be reused. Always replace disposabe parts. Last thing you want is a pinhole exhaust leak, that could have been prevented by purchasing a 10 dollar gasket.
Old May 28, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by J8dailo
ya..i know its not a good idea to reuse stock ones.. i alway replace it with new ones too but the o2 housing didn't come with anything..so just wondering if they forgot it or is it like that..

and while you guys are at it..i don't want to flood the forum with my thread... when i got my car from mitsubishi for engine repair... about 3 weeks later when i was cleanin my car.. i noticed this piece was hiding under my passenger side seat..i have no idea does it belong on my car or it something else.. someone help me out

Looks like the interfinder part from the right fender that covers the lower part of the motor right at the harmonic balancer....