Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Problem with vendor 500whp

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2006, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered a seibon hood from 500whp.com. When I got it and put it on it did not fit at all. It looked like it was latched. You could stick your hands in the side of the hood when it was closed.. I contacted jeffrey and he said that I needed to take pics of the hood to send to seibon. I did so on three separate occasions. Everytime they would come back with you need to latch the hood all the way. I would tell them that it was but they wouldnt believe me. Finally Jeffrey told me that I can send the hood back to him under my expense and if it didnt fit his Evo then he would get me a new hood. I told him I didnt want money back I wanted the same hood that fit. Right before he hangs up he says make sure you get insurance....you never know what could happen. I ship the hood off and get the insurance for it. He then calls me and says that he cant refund my money becuz it had arrived damaged due to my mispackaging. He said he would ship it back and I could deal with the shipping companys insurance. I denied delivery and went through a whole month dispute with the credit card company before they finally gave it back. I wish 500whp.com would have been more cooperative with me from the get go. I was gonna hold this back and keep it to myself but now I want everyone to know... he needs to take a class of common customer service

PJ
Old May 31, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

As with pjsevo8 my complaint was customer service. I sent my first email on May 10th. So with all the attempts to contact it took 20 days? I felt that the vendor treated me like I was going to just go away or give up and slap on the kit. The fact that emails went unanswered when they were answered double quick when I wanted to order really annoyed me. I hope this finally is resolved.
Old May 31, 2006, 11:28 AM
Former Sponsor

thanks guys, and David from Bushchur.

Just a side note i have been waiting on a set of TE37s since Early November 2005 Paided in full, so everyone have to wait some times! =(
Old May 31, 2006, 11:51 AM

I’ve had nothing but extra-ordinary experiences with Jeff @ 500WHP. Besides that fact that he’s been honest, forth coming and generally easy to contact, nearly ALL of the parts I’ve ordered have been in my hands >same day<.

Now this is just my 2 cents, on some of the things that have been said and I’m just throwing it out for consideration, not to contradict or flame.

If you buy a product like a cams or exhaust, it’s reasonable to expect it to fit perfectly. When you buy certain kits that aren’t labeled: Evo VIII specific…well it may or may not fit without modification. If it’s something your interested in (hind sight being 20/20) I’d call the manufacturer as well as the vendor to get specifics on it. Many times, they’ll be able to send/fax you pictures and/or instructions.

Regarding the matter of parts in stock: I have stood next to Jeff while he calls to confirm items, only to find out later that the warehouse was mistaken (computer error or personal). Yes, hold Jeff accountable to what he said. But also understand that the information he’s giving out is based off the information that he receives. Further more many items (HKS for example) are often back ordered AND estimated/actual arrival dates for the parts get bumped repeatedly.

As for returns/refunds, call up any major vendor/manufacturer and try to return something you bought. Sure, they’ll take it back, but they’ll charge a 30% restocking fee and YOU have to pay for the return shipping. And that’s IF they’ll take it back at all. Again, (hind sight being 20/20) check with the vendor before you order if you have concerns regarding their return policies.

So one last plug for Jeff: He is an extremely reputable businessman who cares and takes pride in his work. I have personally never had a problem with him or anything I’ve purchased from him.

Blaze
Old May 31, 2006, 11:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pjsevo8
I ordered a seibon hood from 500whp.com. When I got it and put it on it did not fit at all. It looked like it was latched. You could stick your hands in the side of the hood when it was closed.. I contacted jeffrey and he said that I needed to take pics of the hood to send to seibon. I did so on three separate occasions. Everytime they would come back with you need to latch the hood all the way. I would tell them that it was but they wouldnt believe me. Finally Jeffrey told me that I can send the hood back to him under my expense and if it didnt fit his Evo then he would get me a new hood. I told him I didnt want money back I wanted the same hood that fit. Right before he hangs up he says make sure you get insurance....you never know what could happen. I ship the hood off and get the insurance for it. He then calls me and says that he cant refund my money becuz it had arrived damaged due to my mispackaging. He said he would ship it back and I could deal with the shipping companys insurance. I denied delivery and went through a whole month dispute with the credit card company before they finally gave it back. I wish 500whp.com would have been more cooperative with me from the get go. I was gonna hold this back and keep it to myself but now I want everyone to know... he needs to take a class of common customer service

PJ
PJ:

I have talked to you and try to explain the situation, but you just hang me up. Then i tried calling you from different phone lines you 1st pick up then hang me up. Seibon was going to Test fit the Hood and if it didn't fit they were going to get you a new one, but you shipped the hood back w/ no wraping and protection. No one will ever warranty a hood thats damaged. I believe its up to the customer to package the package well enough where its not going to get damaged to ship back to any Vendors. I tried calling you many times, but you never pick up or call back.

Your wife yelled at me, you hanged me up when im trying to solve the problem with you, you didn't pack the package well enough to ship back to me and it got damaged, what else should i have done?

Jeffrey
Old May 31, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with Jeff... (and the other people who have had issues).

Fortunately, my deals with him have gone through smooth and without a problem. I would hope that if I ever had a problem with his services that he would be there to back it up... unfortunately alot of the times you dont get to know how good of a person/company you are dealing with till you have a problem.

So far though, I have to give him an A+
Old May 31, 2006, 12:08 PM
wj4
Evolving Member

I am a customer of 500whp as well. To me, my experiences have been very pleasant. my first purchase from jeff was a relocation kit since he has the lowest price anywhere. i ordered it online and after about 5 minutes jeff personally called me to say that it will be sent tomorrow.
the delivery was fast and well shipped.

my 2nd order from jeff was an espelir downpipe. i ordered it in mid november and at that time it was out of stock. everyone was out of stock at that time. i patiently waited until mid march before i got one. i understood that jeff is a vendor and can not do anything about it if there isnt any in stock to begin with.
jeff, however, felt bad and offered to install the downpipe and my own hi flow cat for free FREE OF CHARGE. he informed me that the espelir downpipe was even delayed longer and asked if i want to go with any other downpipe since i was waiting nearly 5 months for it to come in. he did a good price for an hks one and installed it for me at 10pm after he got home from school.

i have spent thousand of dollars with jeff and will continue to because of the great service that ive received.

several weeks ago, i asked him to special order me a forge manual boost controller. he did, and it came later than expected, which was a problem for me because i needed by a certain date to get a tune. he personally called me that it wont come in until later on that week and suggested that i can go with a different one if time was an issue.
Old May 31, 2006, 12:47 PM

I've gotten basically all my stuff from Jeff. He gets the pricing and parts quickly and I haven't had any problems. He's a standup guy and I have no hesitation to order parts from him.

There is always going to be some people who feel that they didn't get a very good experience with a certain vendor. Things happen sometimes and its not always in the control of the vendor.

There's always two sides to every story but we are all human and nothing is going to be perfect every time. Thats why vendor posts often go reeling out of control, everyone starts putting in their 2 cents about how something wasn't perfect.

I hope that everyone has a good experience with whatever vendor they choose in the future but don't let 1 setback turn into an assumption that a vendor isn't good.
Old May 31, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered from Jeff twice now... I'll be ordering from 500whp.com again hen I can
Old May 31, 2006, 01:19 PM

I have purchase almost all my Evo goodies from Jeff. I have not had any problems with my purchases. There was a time that a BOV I wanted was on back order and he made sure to let me know about it. Sorry to hear that some of you guys have had problems. Its true, Jeff cant help 100% of us out there, but no one person/vendor can. Too many people want things yesterday....... Jeff is good standup guy/vendor and I will be continuing to make my purchases from him.